Halo reach rank down

InnerCHAMP

I was playing HaloReach and then my Xbox live expired, so I went a couple months without playing, then when I got back on and started playing halo I down ranked and lost 1million credits! I use to be a legand and now I'm a hero but I should almost be a Mythic.

I don't know what todo! I lost 1,000,000Cr and that made me rank down.

Please help me!

The same thing happened to me when I first got Reach. I started playing it when it first came out, but didn't have internet so I was playing offline. I managed to get to Lt. Colonel, but when I got back online it demoted me all the way down to CPL. I do not know why it does this, but I think it has something to do with how many credits you earned offline. I am pretty sure there is nothing that can be done about it. :(

• Like 1

Offline credits earn faster than online credits. This was done to create a reason for people to keep playing if they didn't have xbox live.

So basically people have two profiles at the same time or ranks/ offline and online.

I guarantee if you start your profile without signing into xbox live - so you are only local - those missing credits and rank will magically come back while you are offline.

This isn't a bug or anything to panic about, just how the credit system works offline/online.

(this is all based on personal experience and no deep knowledge of how bungie created their system, Jester or TwinReaper will know more if I have overstated anything)

ive heard there's a reason they do this.

Because, they can just delete the patches off of Halo reach, then, do all of them glitches you could do before (Campaign Target Locator mostly) and abuse that until they get to inheritor, go back online, boom, you're inheritor and you've done nothing, so instead, they minus all of the credits you eanred offline, so if u did that up to inheritor offline, you'll be put down a low rank again because offline doesn't resemble your true rank.

I hope this explained it.

That does make sence but i hardly Ever played Halo Reach offline and i sure didnt play it offline enough to where i would loose 1,000,000Cr....

But i dont guess there s anything to do about it.. thank you all for your help!

You lose more for your rank, but I get what you mean, this IS surprising. Your welcome for the help.