make new halo titles released for the PC and 360

greg079

i am a PC gamer all the way i got my love of halo on the console but not long after saw the light and became a PC gamer, however i soon noticed my favorite series only had TWO titles on the PC. i was horrified at the lack of halo that i found, then surprised to learn it was never originally meant for console but was to be a PC/MAC exclusive. i have high hopes that my favorite series now under new leadership can be successfully made once again on the PC. now i'm not saying don't make halo 4 for the 360 i merely would like to play it as well without giving the system i hold dear. i know there aren't as many PC gamers as there are console gamers but i would like to start a formal petition to have future titles released on the PC as well as console, but with a few new features

1 a multiplayer matchmaking almost identical to that of halo 2

2 easy to use map editor but with advanced features please

3 direct ip connection available

4 lastly i know its a lot of work but i'd be nice to have a legitimate PC version not just a port

now i'm a realist so i know that all of that may not happen but just to have a PC version would make me ecstatic and i'm sure the rest of the PC community would very much love to play such an amazing series with their keyboard and mouse

and to any PC gamers who may stumble across this, please leave a very formal and well thought out response or reply keeping in mind this is similar to a petition the more awareness and support we can get the more likely we are to succeed, but make new posts very respectful and very well thought-out as they will do more then a simple rude post which would likely anger 343 industries and make them decide not to consider a PC version. also feel free to leave suggestions but don't be disappointed your ideas are turned down keep in that mind making a great game is not easy. i hope all the other PC gamers who find this are willing to help the cause and add to this or related topics by leaving posts. remember more posts mean more attention and a better chance our cause will succeed.

• Like 4

i am a PC gamer all the way i got my love of halo on the console but not long after saw the light and became a PC gamer, however i soon noticed my favorite series only had TWO titles on the PC. i was horrified at the lack of halo that i found, then surprised to learn it was never originally meant for console but was to be a PC/MAC exclusive. i have high hopes that my favorite series now under new leadership can be successfully made once again on the PC. now i'm not saying don't make halo 4 for the 360 i merely would like to play it as well without giving the system i hold dear. i know there aren't as many PC gamers as there are console gamers but i would like to start a formal petition to have future titles released on the PC as well as console, but with a few new features

1 a multiplayer matchmaking almost identical to that of halo 2

2 easy to use map editor but with advanced features please

3 direct ip connection available

4 lastly i know its a lot of work but i'd be nice to have a legitimate PC version not just a port

now i'm a realist so i know that all of that may not happen but just to have a PC version would make me ecstatic and i'm sure the rest of the PC community would very much love to play such an amazing series with their keyboard and mouse

and to any PC gamers who may stumble across this, please leave a very formal and well thought out response or reply keeping in mind this is similar to a petition the more awareness and support we can get the more likely we are to succeed, but make new posts very respectful and very well thought-out as they will do more then a simple rude post which would likely anger 343 industries and make them decide not to consider a PC version. also feel free to leave suggestions but don't be disappointed your ideas are turned down keep in that mind making a great game is not easy. i hope all the other PC gamers who find this are willing to help the cause and add to this or related topics by leaving posts. remember more posts mean more attention and a better chance our cause will succeed.

I am not a PC gamer, never really have been, however I do think you have a point in wanting the PC included with the devices that supports Halo. I heard amazing things from Halo CE on PC. So if it was as good as people have said, I can imagine why you all want Halo included with PC gamers.

• Like 2

I am not a PC gamer, never really have been, however I do think you have a point in wanting the PC included with the devices that supports Halo. I heard amazing things from Halo CE on PC. So if it was as good as people have said, I can imagine why you all want Halo included with PC gamers.

thank you for your support i hope you do indeed look further into the vast and beautiful realm of PC gaming

also Dubness i doubt a Microsoft owned game would ever go to Sony

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think they would go over to Sony either. But it's rediculous we even have to do petitions like these to get MICROSOFT to support PC GAMING again. I too, would like to see matchmaking, but not if it means no browsing server lists. That's a big appeal to Halo PC. However, I'd take what I can get.

I have been waiting since Halo 2 was (disappointedly) slated for a Vista release. I put a few hours every few weeks toward researching any news of Halo for PC and there has been shadows of doubt and even more glimmers of hope. Nerdy, and sad, I know. But I am a gamer through and through and it's what I am trying to make a career out of too. I by far have my fondest memories with Halo CE PC. The rest of my thoughts on the subject are best summed up on this thread here http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/5627-halo-4-and-the-pc/

Good for you for trying to rally some support to the Halo PC cause, my friend. I am new here but I can only hope that 343i team members browse comments like ours and consider them if only for a moment. Maybe we need to find a way to harass then a bit about it emails, letters, phonecalls, haha.

• Like 1

What makes no sense is, Halo:CE for PC and Halo 2, rest is not? It should be on the PC. I enjoyed CE for the PC. Shame it's only on the Xbox360 now, it would also give PC gamers a chance to see why Xbox360 isn't crap like they all think, and maybe go exploring to ps3 as well. Have some variety.

• Like 2

I'm an a PC/Xbox gamer and I would love to see halo 4 put on PC. Mostly because Halo 2 (on the PC) was how I was introduced to the Halo franchise. Also I think the raw power of a PC will make Halo 4 look SPECTACULAR! On top of that I think this will introduce more people to Halo which will be awesome.

• Like 1

The main reason is due to the fact that software piracy is easier to get away with on a PC than it is on the X-Box 360. With a 360, a decent deal of technical knowledge or having a friend of a friend is required to commit piracy. With the PC, all you need is a basic knowledge of torrents. They figured that if they stopped releasing Halo for the PC, then not only would their profits for Halo make a jump, but true fans of the series would also buy consoles to play the games on.

I heard it's also moving over to PS3...

Whoever told you that is an idiot, and so are you for believing them. The rights to Halo are owned by Microsoft, not 343i. The only way the game could go to PS3 is if Microsoft gave the okay for it, which they wouldn't do. The reasons they wouldn't do this are quite simple. They would be giving their leading competitor more profits, it could lead to their console becoming less popular, and they could be sued by Nintendo for a monopoly agreement if they ask for royalties (which they would have to do for it to be a profitable venture at all).

i am a PC gamer all the way i got my love of halo on the console but not long after saw the light and became a PC gamer, however i soon noticed my favorite series only had TWO titles on the PC.

Last but not least, I would like to share a quote with you. I think it may help.

"The Xbox 360, PS3, Wii are products, not spouses. You don't owe them your lifelong faithfulness. As game consoles, their purpose is to let you play the games you want to play. Anyone who willingly denies themselves great games out of some delusional desire to remain loyal to some massive, multi-national corporation needs to re think things."

• 2 weeks later...

I've always been a PC gamer and 2 years ago I bought the 360 JUST to play Halo.

And I think I am not alone in doing something like this.

Maybe this is why microsoft wants to keep this on 360

Also, I'm not a fun of PC gaming anymore, with all that chatting, fear of hacking etc. And I even think that mouse/kb are overrated; surely you have to train and learn your skills with the controller, but once learned you will be very fast at aiming and moving around. And it is also more relaxing for your hands, fingers, arms and shoulders than those 2 pieces of hardware that were thought for writing, not playing.

This is just my opinion by the way, just a drop in the ocean... I don't want to sound like a troll, and I know many people will disagree with me, but this is just what I think about it.

I LOVE the halo series it's my most favorite game in the whole world and I would love to either have halo 3 on the PC (because halo combat evolved and halo 2 were on PC) or I would like to have halo reach on the PC. I'd be fine with either of those and would do anything for those on the PC. :unworthy: I bow before halo and like all of you who wants halo on the PC.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i was just playing h2 for windows vista when i had an interesting thought. i had heard that the h2 vista online servers where taken down along with the xbox servers but i don't know if it's true since i got my copy in december last year and haven't been able to connect to GFWL multiplayer matches. however if that is true (which would explain a lot) then i had an idea "IF 343i owns all rights to the halo series games produced by bungie (along with microsoft) what if they proposed to have steam (online video game distribution) host online multiplayer matches. i'm sure they would be honored to host for the one of best multiplayer games in gaming history. again just an idea, don't go crazy or nothing

[edit] no idea why but Wednesday when i started h2 vista up on my computer it allowed me to sign into windows live and i got to play some multiplayer (but i don't know the maps well so i didn't do too well although i didn't suck either) and i still hate the homing rocket launcher if any of you play i'm RoutineRex79389 (sorry if i don't do so well i'm new to halo 2 vista's multiplayer game style and the maps :( also apparently greg079 was already taken as a username so it gave me that one oh well hope i see you there also if chat is available plz tell me what button to press to use it (or if i need a mic)

I saw the "light"

I am a hardcore Xbox gamer, (on a 12 yr old scale) I played day and night, night and day. So i decided to search through the internet, I saw ALOT of PC videos on Youtube, so i decided to Download Halo PC. OMG I made the right choice, IMO better than the xbox version. You have more "freedom" with things.And Don't get me Started on CE/H2CE those things are just multiplayer. Which I'm glad they did that so people can mod freely. And not get punished. I hope Halo 4 has a system sorta like that.

Please, 343i read this topic!

• Like 1

Halo 4 for PC would be Amazing!!!

Btw for people that think Pirating on an Xbox is harder than on PC that's not true in the slightest. If I wanted to Pirate games for my Xbox I could do so easily. Indeed I would need to mod my Xbox but that's easy and not even an issue. People that use the Xbox just tend to be less tech Savy. Nothing wrong with that of course.

• Like 1

i just thought if they released halo 4 for the pc and instead of 720p (which is still HD) it was 4096p likes skyrim's hd texture pack oh imagine the fun and joy (plus console players probably wouldn't notice anyway and just say it looks better on the big screen, so they wouldn't complain) also in my opinion the whole "forerunner vision" concept sounds pretty gay to me maybe make it so you can use VISR instead (and let VISR outline holograms in like yellow or something). that or flash grenades that'd be nice to and i'd also like to see SPI armor designs playable

I would love Halo 2 for mac. It would pass the time on long road trips, on an airplane, etc. The next computer I plan on getting is a PC, Apple products or obesely expensive.

I would rather have it remastered if they sold it for PC/Mac