Halo 4 and the PC

lordberzerker97

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like halo to be on the pc?

• HELL YEA!!! (leave a comment on why you do want halo to be on the pc.)
    • no -__- (leave a comment on why you dont want halo to be on the pc.)

I would buy ANY halo game for the pc and I would buy it more than once for my friends to play online with all of us. I think that if halo made pc again it would get millions of dollars and then the halo series would be able to keep going and continue the story of chief and get more money then get enough money to make it for the pc again and then it would go in circles.

• Like 1

I voted yes and No. Halo 4 PC would be plauged with hackers. But mods would be intresting. Thats my other topic. Mods.

Lets face it right now. The only real reason you want Halo on PC is for mods. You would pay a lot to upgrade your PC to play Halo 4, much more than you would pay to play it on Xbox 360. Just go mod Halo 1 and 2. Just quiet down about your want for a PC Halo game. Theres no point.

Ok so I am a big halo fan. I love halo, I love its story and I like the idea of no iron sights. There is one thing I want on it though. I want it to be able to be played on the pc. There is many benefits to this idea. One is that halo would get a bigger community. Aside from hackers halo will also have plenty of mods people can use(not on multiplayer of course). Another thing is halo ce and halo 2 were both on the pc and it went great!

So I'm wondering why halo isn't on the pc. Why was it cut off from the pc after halo 2? I know that the game was first on xbox, but still. I mean I have an xbox and halo reach is fun! I just would like it on the pc.

no reason not to bring it back to PC other than server expenses, but i don't think its 343 decision to do this because they don't sell it, that Microsoft's job in this matter. But halo just doesn't feel right on PC compared to xbox.

Actually the controls would be exactly the same. Use a 360 controller instead of kb/m. As for the upgrade versus 360 version of Halo 4..... any current gen PC with at least a quad-core running at minimum 3.7ghz and about 6 gig of ram, and at least a Readeon 6460 / Geforce 9800GT could easily blow away the 360 performance of even Halo 4. The hardware inside the 360 is only a 3-core processor and an old model one at that. Most new out-of-box PC's you find on the market out perform the console.

Besides...upgrading a PC to meet newer hardware requirements is a much better option than constantly shifting around from console to console just in hopes it has backwards compatability. With a console, you get what you get and thats all there is too it. Even with fancy dashboards, gaming is all it is good for. The PC on the other hand.....well thats self explanitory.

• Like 1

I think it would be awesome to have halo 4 on the pc and about hackers there are now countless ways to stop them that halo ce and halo 2 did not have besides its true that halos' fan base would grow exponentially. I have an xbox and still would like it on the pc

• Like 1

Lets also not.forget that the tools used to.create H4 are already designed to compile on a pc and push out a format for the 360. Most or all tags used by the compiler are natively already compliant on the pc as is...the only tahs usually requiring any shifting in compiling for pc format are bsp, mode raw and collision/physics. Half the porting process is already done by default. It would not take long at all to.finish it up for pc.

• Like 1

As a longtime follower of Halo there is no place I would rather see the franchise go than sharing releases with PC. It's been a dream of mine for several years now as Halo is the last console exclusive series I actively follow with vigor, despite long-since migrating to PC due to the open nature and decidedly more intuitive control interfaces. The simple fact of the matter is that there are few games (dare I say none?) on any platform with the charm and creative flair of the Halo series. The by and large flawless multiplayer combined with a depth of setting and lore seldom seen in video games makes for an experience unlike any other. Incidentally, the fact that the original PC halo games have thrived with active communities for ten years now is a testament to the dedicated following on this platform. This considered, it is most puzzling as to why Microsoft, Bungie and now 343 have consistently ignored this part of their fanbase.

By now, concerns of piracy should be largely dispelled due to the rise of Valve's Steam retailer and similar digital distributors. A sales issue is therefore unlikely, especially considering Microsoft's positive results from their relatively recent steam re-releases of Fable 3 and Age of Empires 3, the latter of which I purchased myself. A concern in console sales and live subscriptions is similarly unlikely, due to the subjective tastes of a vast majority of the existing fanbase who would prefer to play on console (the platform-relative sales of competing franchises such as Modern Warfare is a prime example of this.)

Though I am as of yet undecided regarding halo 4, pending further information, a PC version would be a purchase made with utmost enthusiasm. As of this point Frank O'Connor has established himself as a worthy inheritor of the franchise creative direction and I largely trust his judgement. I would however like to hear a statement detailing his, or perhaps, Microsoft's logic for keeping halo a console exclusive series or perhaps possible plans for the future in this regard.

• Like 2

Making it for the PC would kill it for a lot of us who don't have gaming PCs as Halo is something that we think of as being soley for us, and not for others. It is an exclusive after all, that's why I voted no on this.

:nea:

"Exclusivity" isn't a point of pride when an item is exclusive to the console with the second-largest install base in the world. Suggesting otherwise is akin to saying, "Hooray for this elite club comprising the majority of console gamers!" In the context of all console gamers, an Xbox exclusive really isn't a treat. And would Halo 4 coming out for the PC really "kill" your interest in it? If you liking a game hinges on it being available only to the the majority of console gamers I think you should reevaluate your fandom. "I like a thing just because someone else can't have it" is not complimentary of the item in question; it doesn't account for that thing's inherent likeability beyond its exclusivity. Would any of the prior Halo games have been objectively bad just for being released on additional platforms?

In any case, I want to see Halo 4 on the PC. I no longer play games on consoles. I've got a pretty good excitement level going for H4 and I'd like to know whether to nurture or kill it.

• Like 1

"Exclusivity" isn't a point of pride when an item is exclusive to the console with the second-largest install base in the world. Suggesting otherwise is akin to saying, "Hooray for this elite club comprising the majority of console gamers!" In the context of all console gamers, an Xbox exclusive really isn't a treat. And would Halo 4 coming out for the PC really "kill" your interest in it? If you liking a game hinges on it being available only to the the majority of console gamers I think you should reevaluate your fandom. "I like a thing just because someone else can't have it" is not complimentary of the item in question; it doesn't account for that thing's inherent likeability beyond its exclusivity. Would any of the prior Halo games have been objectively bad just for being released on additional platforms?

In any case, I want to see Halo 4 on the PC. I no longer play games on consoles. I've got a pretty good excitement level going for H4 and I'd like to know whether to nurture or kill it.

I don't see how you could understand what I was trying to get across if you aren't a console gamer anymore. I would never lose interest in Halo by it becoming available on other consoles, but I would be rather disappointed that something that made it unique for many of us has been snuffed out. It's similar to the concept of where some people dislike noobs who get access to a game they cherish, only for Halo becoming universal, it would be that there are foreign platforms running a game that we consider ours. I would get used to it after a while, but as long as Halo remains on the Xbox, I am that much happier.

Again I must remind you all that Halo began as an RTS for the MAC, not console and not FPS at all. Just having Halo to be able to enjoy and play on console, should be something you are all very greatful for. As for concerns of hackers for it on PC....show me one FPS that doesnt suffer from hacks or aimbots for console.

Second, the feel of the game does not get lost. I see and play no difference between halo 2 vista and Halo 2 xbox.

• Like 1

Again I must remind you all that Halo began as an RTS for the MAC, not console and not FPS at all. Just having Halo to be able to enjoy and play on console, should be something you are all very greatful for. As for concerns of hackers for it on PC....show me one FPS that doesnt suffer from hacks or aimbots for console.

Second, the feel of the game does not get lost. I see and play no difference between halo 2 vista and Halo 2 xbox.

there are not as much hackers on the xbox due to microsoft banning them, on the PC its compleatly different, the developers (in this case 343I) have to do the banning, and when your not a company like activision, EA or sledgehammer/IW, its hard to do. and yes halo CE and halo 2 are on the computer, but think, why did they move to the consoles?

I want Halo 4 (and 3) to be released on PC so modders can use it. I think separate rankings could make the differences in gameplay experience null. As for hackers, read what Twinreaper said. As for not being able to afford an xbox, xbl, and Halo i think that's a perfectly legitimate argument although i can see how players are concerned about their games getting hacked by unfriendly modders.

Hacks can make a game better too.

• Like 1

And must I remind you, those lost Halo games never came out. Microsoft bought Bungie. Then Halo became and 3rd Person Shooter. Then an FPS.

• Like 1

And must I remind you, those lost Halo games never came out. Microsoft bought Bungie. Then Halo became and 3rd Person Shooter. Then an FPS.

What difference does it make? Bungie's expertise until that point was working with computer games (specifically: Mac) and their success with Marathon translated into Halo. In any case, there is no defining trait of Halo games that makes them better suited for consoles and this is especially evident when playing the existing halo PC games.

• Like 1

What difference does it make? Bungie's expertise until that point was working with computer games (specifically: Mac) and their success with Marathon translated into Halo. In any case, there is no defining trait of Halo games that makes them better suited for consoles and this is especially evident when playing the existing halo PC games.

So, what did that have to do with anything I just said?

• 2 weeks later...

it wont work well, they need to spend more time on the 360 version and not muck around on another console

maby im boring but no pc version, then they can work dubble hard with xbox only version

Nah. There's a fine line between the console players and the pc players. I'd rather have halo on xbox360 simply because pc players have advantages and they always tend to brag about them. Besides, if people want halo so much, they need to break down, and spend the 100-200 bucks to buy a console instead of being stingy forever.

I think its just a bad idea for halo 4 I think we should let the pc community play halo 3 or make them a different halo all together

i think anyone who could make these replies either doesn't understand or they refuse to care. what if none of you had computers and suddenly the xbox 360 failed and where unable to run halo however microsoft decides to port them all to PC then jack the price way up and none of you can afford them eventually (years later) they discover the source of the problem and SLOWLY port all of them back to xbox 360 but its so slow it seems to take forever then after porting only TWO they suddenly stop altogether and abandon the xbox 360. would you not try your hardest to get your halo back but the way you enjoy it most

all of you need to stop being selfish and look at the bigger picture your not aware of

last but not least a great big THANK YOU to all the other dedicated pc gamers thank you for all of your effort and i hope to see you in halo pc's online multiplayer

to anyone interested in trying to further the cause i started a formal petition on another thread

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/5684-make-new-halo-titles-released-for-the-pc-and-360/page__fromsearch__1

please do not reply to my thread if you are not trying to get halo playable for the pc crowd

Well for me it would be it doesn't matter because i don't like to play games on the computer unless i have to....but if i was pro PC games i would love this idea because a lot of the time on PC, games have bigger maps and more players in a match Ex. Battlefield and Halo CE on the PC (Halo CE had bigger maps)