Halo 4 and the PC

lordberzerker97

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like halo to be on the pc?

• HELL YEA!!! (leave a comment on why you do want halo to be on the pc.)
    • no -__- (leave a comment on why you dont want halo to be on the pc.)

Ok so I am a big halo fan. I love halo, I love its story and I like the idea of no iron sights. There is one thing I want on it though. I want it to be able to be played on the pc. There is many benefits to this idea. One is that halo would get a bigger community. Aside from hackers halo will also have plenty of mods people can use(not on multiplayer of course). Another thing is halo ce and halo 2 were both on the pc and it went great!

So I'm wondering why halo isn't on the pc. Why was it cut off from the pc after halo 2? I know that the game was first on xbox, but still. I mean I have an xbox and halo reach is fun! I just would like it on the pc.

• Like 3

Not on release, they should make a PC version if it turns out to be as popular as we want. One of my favorite things about HaloCE is the multiplayer modding that occurs. Its so much fun to punch tanks across maps, fly with warthogs, only kill with plasma nades, and other crazy scenarios.

• Like 1

Nah. There's a fine line between the console players and the pc players. I'd rather have halo on xbox360 simply because pc players have advantages and they always tend to brag about them. Besides, if people want halo so much, they need to break down, and spend the 100-200 bucks to buy a console instead of being stingy forever.

• Like 1

I don't see a problem with it as long as they release them both the same way and don't have a ranking system for the PC so they can focus on the ranking system on XBL. I remember in Halo 2 there were so many people modding and cheating in ranked games that it wasn't even a game of skill anymore, just a game of who has the better mod.

Nah. There's a fine line between the console players and the pc players. I'd rather have halo on xbox360 simply because pc players have advantages and they always tend to brag about them. Besides, if people want halo so much, they need to break down, and spend the 100-200 bucks to buy a console instead of being stingy forever.

Some people can't afford an Xbox 360. I don't have one because of that reason. I want one, but it would take me at least a year to get that kind of money. Not wanting to spend 200 extra dollars on an Xbox 360 when you could just buy it for something you already have isn't being stingy. It's being smart.

• Like 1

Some people can't afford an Xbox 360. I don't have one because of that reason. I want one, but it would take me at least a year to get that kind of money. Not wanting to spend 200 extra dollars on an Xbox 360 when you could just buy it for something you already have isn't being stingy. It's being smart.

An old xbox 360 is only like £60 - £70 isn't it?

I think its just a bad idea for halo 4 I think we should let the pc community play halo 3 or make them a different halo all together

How can we make a different halo altogether? And, halo 3 PC isn't gonna happen i believe.

I bet even halo MMORPG will be on xbox 360 too, if they decide to make one.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have an Xbox with halo 1 + 2 and I enjoyed them so when my Xbox died I got them for PC. they were great games on pc and I had lots of LANs with H2V. I never had a 360 but I have played all the other halos at some point and they are also great games...... so why no PC versions? unlike some pc gamers I don't try to make the argument that keys and mouse are better controls because I play with a 360 controller for PC. I just want to enjoy the good games on a system that is more versatile and upgradeable, and be able to crank up graphics settings such as anti-aliasing... I am still waiting for Halo 3 PC, but Halo 4 would be even better.

• Like 2

Hackerz plague the xbox version of Halo titles just as much as the pc counterparts. Using hackers and modders as examples of why PC platform ports should not be made is weak and very thin in terms of good debatable points. Show me one major title for a console tbat has never suffered from aim bots or modded cheats.

A pc version of newer titles needs to happen if MS seriously wants to get the fps king title back. otherwise pc gamers will constantly throw their money at activision and treyarc.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It was threads like these that caused me to sign up for these forums. So I can have a voice of support towards Halo PC and all together keep an eye out for new about any possible Halo PC versions.

People who reply to topic like these not only on these forums going "No it will take away from the 360's dev" or "No I don't want to hear the PC fanboys raving about how much better they are" really grind on my nerves at how selfish it is. Use your head. We have never gotten a PC version of Halo at the same time as the console and it wouldn't start now. As much as I want another Halo on PC right NAO, it just wouldn't be a good business move on M$'s end. They SHOULD milk the console market and sucker people in there first, and then throw us a Halo bone. They get more that way.

You don't want PC fanboys to rave about Halo for PC being better? Well, ignore it. Trust me I've been ignoring xbox diehards bragging that they even get Halo for 5 years now. These comments weren't meant to troll any specific people here, I have just read comments like those WAY too many times while trying research Halo PC possibilities in numurous places.

Of course I vote Yes on Halo 4 PC. I'd take ANY new Halo on PC at this point. The Halo CE PC community is drowning and all but dead and MS has turned its backs on us. Everyone I talk to from the old clan community is holding hope onto the comment that was made by Matthew Karch in regards to him not being suprised to see a Halo CE Anniversary for PC down the road. "Down the road" is what we're klinging to and even that implies waiting a long time (another 5 years)? So many Halo PC gaming clans have died out while waiting and those that were left (like the one I'm in since 07) have turned direction to being a general gaming clan while waiting. There IS a market there and MS is just not cashing out on it. The Halo PC fans alone are just a bunch of hungry dogs sitting there waiting with their mouths open wanting to be fed. Hell, at this point I'd be willing to take my 15$ a month WoW money and pay that to play another Halo PC online a month in a heartbeat.

Hackers are everywhere, Pirates are everywhere. It doesn't matter in regards to what entertainment, they just are. If the quality of game is there people will buy. I'm guilty of being a pirate but I have never and will never pirate a Halo game because it's just so ripe it deserves my money. I never once considered pirating Halo and I even played the Demo version with only BG and Silent Cartographer off and on for 3 years as a kid before getting the full version, pirating was never there, just the thought of "I need to get this game!".

Take any Halo console game and pit it against any pc version of the same game, pc will usually win for these reasons- Having dedicated servers builds a community (clans and more) and keeps people coming back to play. Modding. Crosshair control.

Before anyone uses the insult of just SDHU and go get an XBox 360, I have one, and a copy of Reach, neither of which I had to pay for because I received it in a promotion. I enjoyed the Reach campaign a lot. A few days ago I caved and took up the 2$ for 2 months of Live play offer to try out Halo Reach multiplayer hoping it would be similar to my Halo CE PC experiences. The only positive was that people assumed I was a 12 year old prebuscent boy so I didn't get harassed for being a girl... Lol. Let me just say I was expecting a LOT more. I was done with it within an hour and jumped five feet to the right into my computer chair and booted up Halo CE PC to game with one of the last remaining active clans there. I'm going to do the campaign one more time and then throw that sucker on eBay.

• Like 3

I want Halo 4 (and 3) to be released on PC so modders can use it. I think separate rankings could make the differences in gameplay experience null. As for hackers, read what Twinreaper said. As for not being able to afford an xbox, xbl, and Halo i think that's a perfectly legitimate argument although i can see how players are concerned about their games getting hacked by unfriendly modders.

• Like 2

I want Halo 4 (and 3) to be released on PC so modders can use it. I think separate rankings could make the differences in gameplay experience null. As for hackers, read what Twinreaper said. As for not being able to afford an xbox, xbl, and Halo i think that's a perfectly legitimate argument although i can see how players are concerned about their games getting hacked by unfriendly modders.

what he said^^^

• Like 2

I so want halo on the PC because it's easier to do glitches and there are more glitches on the PC versions (not that I'm saying that I do those) And the glitches are only on the campaign. Also if halo is on the PC then people can maybe even think of more ideas that weren't on halo 3 or reach. Halo CE and halo 2 for the PC are great games and introduced new things for the computer.