[GameSpot] - Call Of Duty: The Haunting Of Verdansk Brings Tension Back To Warzone

343iBot

We were soaring towards Quarry alongside two other teams. I knew we'd have a better chance at taking them out if we landed together towards the back of the location--where we could loot before fighting. Our boots hit the ground and my two teammates, one picking up a molotov cocktail on the way there, ran towards the hum of the chest we could hear inside a nearby building.

"Holy crap! What the hell!?" one of my teammates spouted as he was greeted by a jump scare after opening the chest. He backtracked and threw the molotov cocktail, lighting our other teammate on fire. "Oh s*** man, I'm sorry."

Call of Duty: Warzone's The Haunting of Verdansk event provides dozens of moments like this. The limited-time event that runs through November 3 brings back the same tension that first made battle royales a sensation in 2017. It turns Warzone upside down with creepy environmental changes, a haunted Easter egg hunt with numerous rewards, and two modes that are surprisingly terrifying.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

View the full article