Should there be armor abilities in Halo 4?

StuntedJet

Sprint should be included as standard - and maybe evade as well, you could perhaps have the option to choose between the two when spawning. I am of a mixed opinion about AAs. I think they add a fun and exciting twist to the gameplay and when used tactically can be game changers. However, sometimes they frustrate me, especially armour lock. I wouldn't, however, mind seeing them in Halo 4, I would rather you start with them than have them as pickups.

The Halo Reach = CoD argument is stupid. The only similarity between the two is the fact that they are FPS.

all armor abilities exuding sprint and jet pack should be gone.

Camo should not be something anyone could have at their finger tips, it supports camping, not only that but armor lock turned countless people away from Reach, we should go back to halo 3 equipment, which worked out the game perfectly

and for the little ad ons to your armor should actually impact the way you play. let's say the up-armored variants of mark iv(B) would take two head shots to kill you instead of one, or sniper shoulders would give you and extra bullet and so on and so forth, now you can't just have every single "perk" on at once, limit it to two or one, might be too codish, but it might be interesting.

Now back on topic, the AA made Reach very un-balanced, excluding sprint and JP, they were all unnecessary, if anything, armor lock should never show its face in any halo ever again, cheats you out of a rightful kill every time.

• Like 1

I personally wouldn't mind some armor abilities, but armor lock needs to be kept out of the game. It would be great to see some fresh new ones like barrel rolling off of the side of a platform to shake your pursuer.

That's just my one idea, put yours down below. :)

No AA's are not halo. They should not be in any more halo games. They ruined what halo should be. A simply fun game. I seriously hate aa's and hate talking about them.

all armor abilities exuding sprint and jet pack should be gone.

Camo should not be something anyone could have at their finger tips, it supports camping, not only that but armor lock turned countless people away from Reach, we should go back to halo 3 equipment, which worked out the game perfectly

and for the little ad ons to your armor should actually impact the way you play. let's say the up-armored variants of mark iv( B) would take two head shots to kill you instead of one, or sniper shoulders would give you and extra bullet and so on and so forth, now you can't just have every single "perk" on at once, limit it to two or one, might be too codish, but it might be interesting.

Now back on topic, the AA made Reach very un-balanced, excluding sprint and JP, they were all unnecessary, if anything, armor lock should never show its face in any halo ever again, cheats you out of a rightful kill every time.

You speak the truth!

• Like 1

Master Hief had a jet pack on the trailer.

this doesn't really mean it is of isn't but i read something like a 343i interviewee saying it wasn't a jetpack per se just that those thrusters have always been on his suit (he used a different term than jetpack as to what the thrusters were called). Could be a little easter egg that the jetpack is returning, could mean that the jetpack is not something the Chief would opt for.

I'll try to find that article

Although in the Halo 3 superbowl trailer a bubble shield was used and was actually incorporated into the game. Flying through zero g with thrusters is something i hope is not just something from a trailer. I would love the jetpack in customs and firefight but i can see them doing to it what happened to the bubble shield in Reach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------edit

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/1856-halo-4-trailer-the-jet-pack-master-chief-used-explained/page__p__17211__hl__thrusters__fromsearch__1#entry17211

Edited by highplainsdrifter

Absolutely not. Also i dont understand this acceptance of sprint. Its IMO the worst problem with reach and why it feels so foreign compared to other halo games. Individual battles have pretty much vanished with the addition of sprint. Someone gets shot once and off they go sprinting for the nearest corner. If you put yourself in a bad position then i believe that you should have to deal with the consequences, not be saved by an effortless tap of the finger because you made a bad choice.

My opinion on the topic of those quotes from Waypoint: "stealthy whisper", "feel like an anvil dropping" is that these refer to just the sound effects, movement animations, cinematics, and HUD animations.

Absolutely not. Also i dont understand this acceptance of sprint. Its IMO the worst problem with reach and why it feels so foreign compared to other halo games. Individual battles have pretty much vanished with the addition of sprint. Someone gets shot once and off they go sprinting for the nearest corner. If you put yourself in a bad position then i believe that you should have to deal with the consequences, not be saved by an effortless tap of the finger because you made a bad choice.

I don't know how valid this is but IMO if there weren't AA's, not even sprint, in Reach the DMR would be so overpowered that people would be complaining again. Reach was different, yes, but pickups from Halo 3 also changed the game, they're all different and play to their own balances. I don't agree with throwing things out solely because it was part of the balancing act of a certain title. Take for example the BR, it's definitely the ancestor of the DMR in the evolution of Halo. For me it will depends on what happens to the big picture of Halo 4.