CE Terminals to Provide Hints for Halo 4

343 Industries has explained how Terminals will work in its Halo: Combat Evolved remake - and how they'll give you story hints about Halo 4.

Speaking in a new piece exploring the Microsoft-owned studio's reasons for making Halo CE: Anniversary, exec producer Dan Ayoub explained that Terminals will hidden throughout the game.

When a player finds them, they will unlock a short video detailing story elements that reveal information about what will eventually be revealed in Halo 4.

"So you guys may remember Terminals from Halo 3," he said. "They were very much like Easter Eggs in the game. You went through, found them and got some story info. It was usually just text on the screen. But it's not really that interesting to read text on a screen, so we're doing some very cool things with it.

"You'll hear Tim Dadabo, the actual voice actor for Guilty Spark from the original game [narrating these Terminals]. The Terminals are definitely setting the story for Halo 4 but we'll talk about that more in the future.

"We're giving Terminals a much more visual treatment, where we're telling each story in a graphical way. It's a lot cooler than reading text on a screen and also allows us to convey a lot more emotion in our storytelling. We've got Terminals hidden throughout the game and if you find them all you'll learn story about the Halo universe, the ring and also story elements of things you're going to see in Halo 4."

Thats going to make the campaign more interesting.

Your thoughts?

It would be nice to see the terminals play a more important role in campaign. Having direct information provided about future Halo events and Halo 4 would be a great way to entice the player. They may even contain some of the actual imagery from the Halo 4 campaign is my hope. However they play out, I look forward to the CEA campaign. Since I already own Reach an will at that point have the new maps, I will have the chance to play MM on the original maps from Halo CE. Looking forward to it!