halo4 deal breaker?

SixWaysToSunday

What would make you quit halo? What is your "deal breaker" for Halo4?

Everyones posting about they want in Halo4 and its alot of fun to do so. But what would cause you to stop playing halo?

For me, the inclusion of bloom would make me leave. I find bloom extremely frustrating and not at all like classic Halo. I feel that it slows down the game and allows randomness to occur.

Also, if ranks or player grouping is not included I doubt I will play much. I find it really frustrating to play with people both better and worse than me. Its not fun to stomp noobs or get destroyed by much better players game after game, I want to play close intense games. Those are the games I remember, those are the games were funny stuff happens.

• Like 1

No Ranking system.

The ranking system has both pros and cons. People will play more competitively and actually are about how they play. I loved Halo 2s ranking system. However, with ranks involved people, of course, people WILL cheat in order to obtain high ranks. 343 will have to implement an awesome cheat detection system, and enforce their banhammer strictly. I think there needs to be ranking system, but also, a strict banhammer policy. Hire people just for that. An entire team dedicated to finding cheaters and banning them...forever.

To answer your question, bloom is dealbreaker. I do not want bloom. DMR is fine, as long as its ZB. Otherwise, give me the BR. Another one would be AAs. Armor Lock, Jetpacks, and Camo (campers) need to be removed. As a matter of fact, just take them all away. Sprint is good idea except when people use it to run when their sheilds are down. Its not Halo.

The ranking system has both pros and cons. People will play more competitively and actually are about how they play. I loved Halo 2s ranking system. However, with ranks involved people, of course, people WILL cheat in order to obtain high ranks. 343 will have to implement an awesome cheat detection system, and enforce their banhammer strictly. I think there needs to be ranking system, but also, a strict banhammer policy. Hire people just for that. An entire team dedicated to finding cheaters and banning them...forever.

Think he means he'll be angry if theres no ranking system, not that hes against it. Btw, part of the ranking system is to put similar skilled players together. That way, noobs can learn from each other, good players can trust each other, and tryhards can compete together. Theres more to it than being 50 (or maybe 100).

I actually can't think of a complete deal breaker. Unless the core gameplay is fundamentally changed I can't see myself swearing off it altogether.

I would prefer if Bloom wasn't in, as I personally believe that it eventually comes down more to chance than the ability to pace shots regarding who wins any given engagement, but I wouldn't stop playing if it were in.

• Like 1

For me, the inclusion of bloom would make me leave. I find bloom extremely frustrating and not at all like classic Halo. I feel that it slows down the game and allows randomness to occur.

I'm saying this in the nicest way I can so keep that in mind while you read. Bloom is how much the reticle moves to show how much the spread has changed. Every Halo has had spread, the older games just don't show bloom (the animation on your HUD of how inaccurate your shots are becoming). Reach allows you to time your shots better by letting you know when you're too inaccurate for your own good. Maybe you are saying bloom is unnecessary because it allows inexperienced players to know exactly how big their spread it and therefore defeat more experienced players hence adding a randomness to the game. Bloom helps players develop and pace more effeciently as they can see how the gun is going to behave. As for Reach having disproportionate bloom, none of the weapons from any previous title behave like previous versions. Reach had to balance the whole experience of movement, vehicles, AA's, new weapons, and spread+bloom, Halo is always evolving, every game is different because it brings something new to the table to supplement the refinement of Halo itself.

• Like 1

Everyones posting about they want in Halo4 and its alot of fun to do so. But what would cause you to stop playing halo?

Also, if ranks or player grouping is not included I doubt I will play much. I find it really frustrating to play with people both better and worse than me. Its not fun to stomp noobs or get destroyed by much better players game after game, I want to play close intense games. Those are the games I remember, those are the games were funny stuff happens.

Well as long as the campain is strong thats my only issue. Multiplayer is cool, but that is not what keeps me around. As long as they get the story and gameplay right I will be happy. The things that bother you like bloom and stuff like that dosen't really bother me. More or less it would be dropping the story and not feeling like a worthy Halo game. However, 343 seems to be strong and I believe the Halo franchize is in good hands.

SUNDAY. SUNDAY. I MADE AN ACCOUNT HERE.

Anyway, Dealbreaker for me? Bad campaign and unfun multiplayer. Also, a lack of incentive for staying in games. Quitters make me want to choke something. -_-

I mean, I'd buy it either way, but if the campaign were anything as boring as the one for Reach, or - god forbid - even worse, I probably won't get too much mileage out of this one.

SUNDAY. SUNDAY. I MADE AN ACCOUNT HERE.

Anyway, Dealbreaker for me? Bad campaign and unfun multiplayer. Also, a lack of incentive for staying in games. Quitters make me want to choke something. -_-

I mean, I'd buy it either way, but if the campaign were anything as boring as the one for Reach, or - god forbid - even worse, I probably won't get too much mileage out of this one.

Hey man! Totally confused me using your PSN name xDD

I'm saying this in the nicest way I can so keep that in mind while you read. Bloom is how much the reticle moves to show how much the spread has changed. Every Halo has had spread, the older games just don't show bloom (the animation on your HUD of how inaccurate your shots are becoming). Reach allows you to time your shots better by letting you know when you're too inaccurate for your own good. Maybe you are saying bloom is unnecessary because it allows inexperienced players to know exactly how big their spread it and therefore defeat more experienced players hence adding a randomness to the game. Bloom helps players develop and pace more effeciently as they can see how the gun is going to behave. As for Reach having disproportionate bloom, none of the weapons from any previous title behave like previous versions. Reach had to balance the whole experience of movement, vehicles, AA's, new weapons, and spread+bloom, Halo is always evolving, every game is different because it brings something new to the table to supplement the refinement of Halo itself.

Bloom has NOT been in every Halo. It was only in HaloCE and barely affected the game at all. You have to test for it to actually find it. So saying that its been in every Halo game is really not true.

Saying bloom is a good mechanic is completely untrue. Bloom is Reach's untamed monster and is the main reason why the game is unpopular. The fact that most people left because of bloom shows that it must have failed, look at this thread! Many people have said the return of bloom would make them leave. Also, MLG dropped bloom. Those two facts are enough to show why its bad, and thats without going into the effects of it in gameplay.

Change is good, change makes great games even better. But bloom is a great example of bad change. The core "feeling" and gameplay of Halo was changed in a negative way by bloom, and people left the game because of it.

Bloom has NOT been in every Halo. It was only in HaloCE and barely affected the game at all. You have to test for it to actually find it. So saying that its been in every Halo game is really not true.

I can see it without testing for it, and it has been in every game in at least one weapon. Every weapon had it in CE (except for the sniper rifle, shotty, and rocket launcher, aka same deal with Reach)

Saying bloom is a good mechanic is completely untrue. Bloom is Reach's untamed monster and is the main reason why the game is unpopular. The fact that most people left because of bloom shows that it must have failed, look at this thread!

Bloom is a replacement for decreasing the fire rate of certain weapons. Halo 3's pistol and BR fire extremely slow because the shots are always on target, and bloom technically doesn't exist. If you get into a CQB you want to fire faster because your target is extremely 'large'. This is like saying Halo CE is not true to the essence of Halo because back in the day you could fire faster more inaccurate shots like how Reach just tells you how much accuracy you're losing. Including bloom and showing it balance out a lot of elements of the game (sure there are wildcards but the fundamental gameplay works). Maybe people left because Halo 3 was like Halo 2 and Reach was like neither, Halo 2 had one weapon with bloom and a few with spread, and Halo CE was never online making it hardly within anyones memory or concept of good Halo multiplayer a decade later.

Many people have said the return of bloom would make them leave. Also, MLG dropped bloom. Those two facts are enough to show why its bad, and thats without going into the effects of it in gameplay.

MLG probably dropped it because it was otherworldly compared to Halo 2 and 3, same reason why people left.

Reach is actually a return to Halo CE more than any other game. There is an increase in bloom compared to how it was in CE but how many new ways are there to kill people?

Yes, I agree with you. Bloom really is a buzz kill for me. That's why I don't play any other first person shooter to be honest. And I would like ranks, just how they had it in Halo 3 where it's only an online thing.

MLG probably dropped it because it was otherworldly compared to Halo 2 and 3, same reason why people left.

Reach is actually a return to Halo CE more than any other game. There is an increase in bloom compared to how it was in CE but how many new ways are there to kill people?

MLG probably dropped the bloom cuz it was the right thing to do IMO. Im sure MLG pros complained about it as well. So when the ZB update came out, they jumped all over it.

• Like 1

I can see it without testing for it, and it has been in every game in at least one weapon. Every weapon had it in CE (except for the sniper rifle, shotty, and rocket launcher, aka same deal with Reach)

Were getting off topic here, this thread is suppose to be about what would make you hate halo4. Its suppose to show what people think would change halo beyond what they can have fun with. Lets make a new thread to get into a really good discussion about bloom instead of cluttering up this one, because we both feel pretty strongly about our views.

• Like 1

To answer your question, bloom is dealbreaker. I do not want bloom. DMR is fine, as long as its ZB. Otherwise, give me the BR. Another one would be AAs. Armor Lock, Jetpacks, and Camo (campers) need to be removed. As a matter of fact, just take them all away. Sprint is good idea except when people use it to run when their sheilds are down. Its not Halo.

that's why they're putting Halo 4 on dedicated servers, to limit cheating, but, how they can stop derankers? they can't monitor every game and all people have to do is get 1 kill and go AFK or jump up and down and they will be fine, like in H3, they can't ban people who only get 1 kill, because then they can say they were just sucking in that particular game, keep doing it, and so on, IMO, the way to stop it is for them to check Game History constantly, and have a report system with that specfic gamertag so they can monitor them.

Also, in further reply to your MLG question, you are right, Apart from Instinct, none of the MLG pros liked bloom, and i agree, after having played ZB for a while, i really enjoy it more then bloom, but, apparently halo is been taken out of MLG because they won't make a profit compared to games like Starcraft or Counter Strike, and even CoD, compared to them games, Halo is tiny, and, that's a fact, them games (Starcraft / CS) are some of the biggest competitive games in the world (Because of E-Sports) Halo doesn't have that, so, according to sundance, Halo is going through a "Transition" year.

Ranking system shows more then exp though, Ranking system shows your skill in the game, Exp shows how long you've played, you can be an inheritor and still suck.

And, what's wrong with Jetpack / Sprint? They are probably the 2 most balanced AA's in the game. IMO, Sprint and Jetpack made halo better, fair enough, they can take the others out, but Sprint and Jetpack would add a new element to Halo 4, and, judging from the teaser we saw, they are not ruling using AA's out.

Im sorry, but DMR > BR with no bloom, the dmr feels so much more consistent and so much more accurate then the BR, but, they will probably use the BR because they are trying to make a "classic halo."

MLG probably dropped the bloom cuz it was the right thing to do IMO. Im sure MLG pros complained about it as well. So when the ZB update came out, they jumped all over it.

I don't really see where bloom makes that big of a difference. Yes, there is a change but just for my game style it is no big deal. I still don't really understand why so many people have that big of a proplem with bloom I thought most people would have just gotten over it. I doesen't make the game any harder or easier in my opinion just slightly different when you fire your weapons. I know I am in the minority on this, but I just don't get it. Maybe I don't play multi-player enough to see everybody elses point on why they hate bloom.

A good weekend to everybody!!!!!