Halo 4 will be scrutinised.

Spectral Jester

Microsoft expects Halo games will be "scrutinised differently" by fans now that creator Bungie has ended its relationship with the series.

That's according to the creative director of MS's 343 Industries, Frank O'Connor, who told CVG that he expects hardcore Halo fans will notice the switch in developers.

"Right now Bungie is supporting the community with matchmaking and stats, but at this point that's it," he said, adding that the studio will "continue to do that and support the community but in terms of actual Halo product this marks the first where there is no Bungie, or even tertiary Bungie involvement other than matchmaking".

O'Connor added: "It hasn't felt different for me because I used to work with all of these guys. So it feels like a continuation, but it will also be scrutinised differently by the fans - or at least the hardcore fans because there will be an apparent difference whether there is any reality to it or not."

Asked if 343 is expecting the public to notice the switch in development studios, O'Connor replied: "Absolutely. There will be things that they'll say 'oh this is better than that' about but we'll just have to wait and see.

"I'll be watching that stuff, you have to take it seriously because your core fans are also the most educated. But you also have to remember that probably 75% of the audience doesn't know who makes the games - to them it's like 'Xbox makes the games'. Those are a bulk of the audience that you also have to pay close, careful and loving attention to."

What are your thoughts?

Sounds like 343 will be listening to the masses, maybe taking a few ideas and using them?

For the doubters of Halo moving from Bungie to 343 are you happier? more relaxed? or more scared?

as long as people give it a chance and forget that all games since halo 3 ARE NOT HALO 3.

You are right. But it doesnt seem like its going that may so far reach is full of 343 haters saying they will suck at making a halo game. every time I see this I ROFLOL they are so used to Bungie that they think no one else can make a halo game and they refuse to think otherweise spite the fact that quite alot of former Bungie employees are now working for 343i. But I think Halo is in good hands and after Halo 4 or mabey even after the relase of CE anniversery most will change their minds.

You are right. But it doesnt seem like its going that may so far reach is full of 343 haters saying they will suck at making a halo game. every time I see this I ROFLOL they are so used to Bungie that they think no one else can make a halo game and they refuse to think otherweise spite the fact that quite alot of former Bungie employees are now working for 343i. But I think Halo is in good hands and after Halo 4 or mabey even after the relase of CE anniversery most will change their minds.

Sure I read somewhere think it might of been evil ottos faq, that there are only a handful of ex bungie staff at 343, however 343 have had a big input in Halo, as long as people understand things move on, if they stand still they grow old, expire and get forgotton about.

What are your thoughts?

Sounds like 343 will be listening to the masses, maybe taking a few ideas and using them?

For the doubters of Halo moving from Bungie to 343 are you happier? more relaxed? or more scared?

i'm scared, 343 can ruin 10 years of Halo with bad games...

They were quoted as saying they want to go back to the original Halo experience, they will do fine I am sure.

At the end of the day its going back to Master Chief so there is not a lot they can change with that character, okay we get new enemies (hopefully) and some new weaponary to play with (hopefully forerunner/precurser)

Reach was a dip into the past in essence where it all began, and a lot of people had a problem with that, plus the armor abilites were not to everyones liking.

Reach is kind of a stand alone halo title as was Halo Wars, im sure the legacy that is Halo/Master Chief will rule quite a bit longer.

After all Xbox is Halo/Master Chief (well it was anyway)

What I want, is the classic Halo feel, mixed with a totally different environment. Gameplay and scenery wise. We will still have AA's, it was confirmed. I'm fine with that. But I want some more maps that were set in space. Halo 4 starts in Space, this would be a great game to incorporate more Space Combat, possibly even space battles for Multiplayer. Space wasn't set in teh previous Halos, but it was always a big part during the Human/Covenant War. I want a game that won't feel like a remake. I mean, I'm definately getting CEA, so I will have a re-make. I don't want another re-make, just with a different name and different setting. I want something new. And I think 343i will definately bring that.

This game will fail if its good or bad....the community will kill it. If its like Halo 3, people will get bored quick and say "scew this, 343 sucks, all they did was copy what Bungie did".........if its a new and innovative game that runs flawless and brings some good changes to help evolve the franchise people will say "Its not halo 3, they changed it so it sucks". Like a bunch of little kids that you cant make happy.

This game will fail if its good or bad....the community will kill it. If its like Halo 3, people will get bored quick and say "scew this, 343 sucks, all they did was copy what Bungie did".........if its a new and innovative game that runs flawless and brings some good changes to help evolve the franchise people will say "Its not halo 3, they changed it so it sucks". Like a bunch of little kids that you cant make happy.

Although it pains me, I have to say that I agree with you.

I can't say for sure that 343i will do a good job but I think we can be assured that they will give their best to try to satisfy the very demanding community.

Meaning: No matter what type of game they choose to create (similar to H3, to HR, or smth totally different), people should be able to judge it as a good or bad game, even if it doesn't come to terms with what he/she wanted H4 to be. (I will say that it is a good or bad game even if they create the type of game that I didn't prefer).

Most ideas have already been posted before (and some very good ones), We have to wait to the Halo Fest now.

(past big threads have good ideas, read them),

Rafter