Halo 4, To Be Or Not To Be: First Person Vehicle Option?

DaveAtStateFarm

I was in the Shout Box today (shocker) and B3ta R13 suggested Halo 4 needs a First Person Vehicle switch. I personaly think it's cool to see a Warthogs steering wheel etc. And it would also be a pretty bad idea because you can't really see everything...But it would be a cool choice if you can!

Remember In Halo Combat Evolved, when you got in the passenger you had an FPS view. Would that be a good thing to return? FPS Turret? Agree, that WOULD be awesome! But, once again i'm on eithe rplaying field. Make your opinions BELOW. V V V V V V V V V V V

• Like 2

I vote no. Halo driving has always been 3rd person. It would be stupid to change it. The drifting looks way cooler in third person and the field of view would be to constricted. I do think the passenger seat should be first person like it was in Halo CE. And the gunner seat should stay third person.

• Like 2

I vote no. Halo driving has always been 3rd person. It would be stupid to change it. The drifting looks way cooler in third person and the field of view would be to constricted. I do think the passenger seat should be first person like it was in Halo CE. And the gunner seat should stay third person.

agreed. :)

I think it would look cool to look down the sights of a warthogs chain gun but making a first person view for halo vehicles creates complications. Since vehicles are prone to flip allot (warthogs) a system would have to implemented to show this is 1st person as well (very difficult). Another problem caused by this is that you wouldn't be able to see enemies who jump onto your vehicle to melee or plant a grenade. I say stick to 3rd person.

as a side note, 343 needs to make halo 4 so that the barrels of chain-guns are lined up with the angle of fire. I got really tired of firing a machine gun on a falcon that wasn't pointing toward the reticle!

• 3 months later...

If anyone who doesnt want FPS driving has not played BF3, I suggest you do so. If you have played BF and you still don't want FPS driving, then we can have that argument.

FPS driving is not "more" effective than 3rd person. But it is allot funner and more immersive. And thats what counts. There should be a choice as in Battlefield, but FPS driving should definitely be in.

• Like 3

OMG YES!!! i just posted the same thing in halo waypoint forum i've always wanted to sit behind the wheel of a warthog. again to the people worried its ok it would just be an option to switch between the two from third person to first person so the people who wanna drive in first person can but everyone else can still retain the third person view. i cannot empasise how much i would love to see this!

• Like 1

Another problem caused by this is that you wouldn't be able to see enemies who jump onto your vehicle to melee or plant a grenade.

I fail to see how that is a bad thing. ^_^

In seriousness, though, you have a point - from the driver's perspective.

From the perspective of the guy trying to hijack/melee/nade-plant: Heck, let's make it mandatory first-person seating! :lol:

Personally, I'd LOVE to be in a Hog or Goose when it rolls! That would be the greatest virtual roller coaster since... well, since the last great virtual roller coaster. :o