"Gameplay aesthetics..."

Planet Etrius

Gameplay aesthetics as a serious addition to Halo! Give ideas on this principle

I have given up, most of the time..., on trying to suggest radical changes to the core of Halo. So I'm thinking about how could a producer introduce new "minor" features to Halo that either in themselves or cumulatively spice up the game by adding complexity or depth in a non B.S. tripping manner, hopefully. Gameplay aesthetics are like they sound. They theoretically aesthete-icize gameplay without really being a huge feature. If you disagree then you disagree. Just don't get threatened. I would prefer a consensus other than "It's not Halo". If something like this concept is completely outrageous than what wouldn't be? I'm just gonna jump to an example now.

As a subtle morph of features without really adding anything here it is. Starting from the classic vanilla Halo pallet and building from there here it is. What I'm thinking is having a new feature that would work with your field of view. It would affect your movement speed, auto-aim, and how your player looks a little bit. It would probably be assigned to your left bumper and toggle activated, or you could make it a "HOLD" button in the controller options too. So in your default state your field of view is smaller and more emphasized along your line of focus (where you're aiming) than in other Halos. It's like by default you're kind of more focused and have less peripheral vision. Auto aim is also only active or more active in this state. Your max player speed would probably be about 90% of Halo 3 speed when in this state as well. When you press the left bumper first of all your weapon is lowered a little and you have a sprint animation, but you're not sprinting. The sprint animation could also be a option for the player. Your max speed would then be about 100% or 110% of Halo 3 speed. And of course your field of vision is like it is in the recent Halo games, and your auto aim is disabled or nerfed. When you fire your weapon or press the left bumper again you will revert back to the focused mode.

Gameplay aesthetics also count as things that can build off the classic triangle of Halo:

Weapons

Equipment / Grenades Typically(Example: Halo 3 Equipment)

Map Control (Example: Man Cannon)

They either build off of the core, or they are "aesthete-icized" typical features. Like euipment in Halo 3 (weapons...sort of) and also the man cannons. Some equipment also fit into the map control territory.

Now going from there I would want a return of armor abilities, but in Halo 3 equipment map pick-up style with a couple changes. They would probably be assigned to the (X) button by default. I would say no armor lock, jet pack (as it is), sprint, hologram, drop shield (as it is), or evade. Jet pack would turn into a gravity lift-like jump pack. It would have one or a couple uses and would basically serve the same function. Drop shield could either become the bubble shield again or stay as it is. Maybe it would be changed a little in mechanics too.