Reaches scoreboard is stupid

InsaneBear

If your a good player, the scoreboard means a lot. all of you reach kids need to gtfo.

Bro stop hating on Reach and NEVER hate on players. IMO reach has issues, but its not the reincarnation of evil like you keep posting. Calm it down otherwise people wont listen to you.

Assuming everyone who plays Reach doesn't know what they're talking about or is a bad player at previous entries in the series. Don't be so silly. You dislike Reach, we know this. Hearing you insult the game and those who play it over and over has become quite tiresome, and a lot of people are sick of hearing it. I've been playing Halo since Combat Evolved. I love Halo: Reach. Does that make me a bad player? Does that mean I don't enjoy the other games or that I don't understand mechanics or things like that? No, it doesn't. It's fine that you don't like Reach, there's nothing wrong with that. It isn't fine that you keep posting your hate for it and it's players every time you get the chance. Enough is enough. I agree that having that extra information might, in some cases, be useful. I do however think that even without it, players can still do just as well. You just need to be more aware of your surroundings and which players are doing what.

I didn't say you were bad. I said it seems like everyone who likes reach is trying to make halo 4 into reach and take important competative aspects away.

In my own opinion, the scoreboard COULD use a bit of work, but at the same time it's not a very important aspect of the game. There are many other things that are more important to actual gameplay that need to be addressed (especially those rocks in hemorrhage that seem to hate ghosts...)

I didn't say you were bad. I said it seems like everyone who likes reach is trying to make halo 4 into reach and take important competative aspects away.

You didn't say anything close to that. You told the "reach kids" to "gtfo". That resembles nothing close to "It seems like everyone who likes Reach is trying to make Halo 4 into Reach, and take important competitive aspects away." You've not given any examples or explained how anyone who likes Reach might be doing this. A decision by Bungie to remove the multiple statistics from the scoreboard in game is also not an example of this. Making the game purely for competitive players would be a foolish decision, because not everyone who plays Halo does so competitively. I understand some people want Halo 4 to resemble the more classic feel of past entries, rather than to play similar to Reach. The problem is that Halo needs to grow up. It needs to do some things differently, and provide new and exciting features. Playing the exact same way over and over makes a video game franchise become dull and lifeless. Look at what Call of Duty is/has become. The game plays exactly the same and has for the past three or four entries, if not more. You don't have to continue to bash the game or its players. 343i has stated that they're taking the best things from previous games in the series (including Reach I assume) as well as coming up with some original features/ideas. That statement should be enough to give you some faith in what they are doing.

• Like 4

You didn't say anything close to that. You told the "reach kids" to "gtfo". That resembles nothing close to "It seems like everyone who likes Reach is trying to make Halo 4 into Reach, and take important competitive aspects away." You've not given any examples or explained how anyone who likes Reach might be doing this. A decision by Bungie to remove the multiple statistics from the scoreboard in game is also not an example of this.

The reason they removed it from the game was because if some noob is doing terrible. The team can't see how many deaths they have during the game so the team wouldnt yell at him and call him terrible. Reach is a baby game. No level 50 because every who was stuck on there brigadier level 45 would wine in the forums. Seriously its not hard to get 50's. Get good at the game!

The reason they removed it from the game was because if some noob is doing terrible. The team can't see how many deaths they have during the game so the team wouldnt yell at him and call him terrible. Reach is a baby game. No level 50 because every who was stuck on there brigadier level 45 would wine in the forums. Seriously its not hard to get 50's. Get good at the game!

Reach is not a "baby game" by any means. Please exaplain to me what a baby game is, and how Reach is one. You have no idea why they removed it from the game, so please don't assume it was to keep less skilled players from being bashed by their teammates because they were doing poorly. Would you like it if you were doing poorly and your teammates kept harassing you because of it? No, you wouldn't. You wouldn't want to play the game if you were going to be insulted and yelled at by people ON YOUR OWN TEAM. They might have removed it because they may have felt it to be an unneeded feature. That they felt people didn't use it enough to justify adding it in again. It takes a considerable amount of skill to be a good player in Reach, as it does with previous entries in the series. Please stop filling the forum with your hate for Reach. It is getting on the nerves of fellow members, and is at the point where it is becoming nothing but spam.

• Like 2

I am so tired of this and now that you've said noob this is really necessary. Halo is about fun, at least sixwaystosunday is making some sense. The scoreboard can be used effectively to be a better player and the topic of whether to include assists and deaths is debatable because of people like you. People who can't even respect bungie's last wishes to make halo about friends again instead of people causing hate like you are right now. Maybe next time you should try to discuss the topic and we can come to some conclusions and make some compromises. Please think

• Like 1

its not hard to get 50's. Get good at the game!

First, I have to say that this debate has gotten horribly :offtopic: By the title, it's about the Scoreboard, not the Skill/Level/Ranking system.

Second, the only reason people get to 50 is because there are other players who, by your standards, "suck".

Were all players as good as you believe they should be, there would again be more reason not to utilize a level/rank system, as everyone would be about equal.

Third, to get this back on topic I'd just like to say that the game is meant to be fun. If people want to work plans like pro footballers, perhaps a game that can be more fun to lose than it can be to win isn't the game for such individuals. That said, it wouldn't affect my casual view of the game's multiplayer whether the scoreboard and tactical information were better designed and more accurate. It might even be nifty.

(Edit: changed an "as" to "than")

The trilogy was fun forever. still is. Halo should have some new ideas. equipment wasnt bad but aa's are a joke. Go back to equipment. You all blow nuts.

Lets calm down here. We are all here to make halo a better game, even if we disagree on what exactly that is. Insanebear we get you dont like Reach, but this is the exact worst place to rage against it. Please keep in mind there are people who deeply love Reach.

On a side note, why did you all just get blue diamond awards? O.o

InsaneBear, can you do everyone a favour and just shut up? We're trying to have a proper discussion here.

Competitive gameplay is not the be all and end all of Halo. I don't care how much of a 'pro' someone is, they were new to the game once and they got better by practising and because they enjoyed it enough to practice. Promoting a system on the grounds that in enables 'good' players to actively harass players who aren't so good is not only a pathetic argument, it's also poor sportsmanship. I don't care what an amazing player you are, if you want to go around hurling abuse at someone because they're not very good then I have no respect for you whatsoever.

Yes I know those things, what I want to know is what YOUR doing. Thats the point im trying to get across. I want to know who on your team is doing what so i know whats going on in the game. When Im losing a game its not easy to tell why, theres a whole host of reasons. But a good scoreboard can show in 2 seconds why my team is losing and give me options.

Heres an example:

I see in a CTF game that 1 guy has the flag caps for the team and 2 guys have been going for kills. Now I know, whenever I see that guy anywhere near the flag he should become my priority otherwise he will probably pull another flag. I also know, killing the 2 slayers could help to break my team out of spawn. So now I know how to change the game. If im playing with a team I can tell them that.

I think we might just have to agree to disagree here. I suppose something like this might come in more useful if everyone has a microphone, but with the way most players fail to communicate, I can't really see it having that much use.

Just so you are aware, InsaneBear was banned this morning.

And nothing of value was lost.

Guess were gonna have too. I hopped on Halo3 and people were chatting on mikes and giving great callouts, why its so different on Reach Im not sure.

Anyway, on topic. I don't know why Reach is so quiet compared to previous games, even on talkative player preferences. Maybe it's just a general thing, I've noticed a big decrease in the last year or so in the amount of players who use mics even on other games.

Well I dont use my mic in reach. I feel like i dont want to talk to the players in the game, since most people use tactics I find cheap or unsavory. Reach makes me rage alot and I really dont want that getting through on the mike.

But when I play other games, I make it a point to try and communicate with my teammates when I play solo. Something about the players on reach discourage me from making the same effort with them.

And lets just forget insanebear existed.

They sure can, but you guys act like it's a game-breaking feature. I feel you guys are now just trying to find another thing to ***** about on Reach.

Somebody just needs to create an Anti- Halo positive comment making website where people can go to list their complaints/ ******* about what they feel everyone needs to know.

Does a topic count as defunct if the TC has been made an unperson? Anyway I've gotta agree with RedStarRocket91. Reach's scoreboard still gets the job done the way it is. Not saying H4 should have the same one, or that Reach's is the best, but I feel like too many bells and whistles might distract some players and they'd whine like it's the dev team's fault that their eyes are glued to the overly detailed scoreboard.

Granted i would like to see who got the most kills/deaths/assists but honestly there are bigger problems in reach then the scoreboard and if i was a developer who was actually going to fix those problems the scoreboard would be the least of my worries. Afterall, if you are that intent on seeing who scored what then do as i do and keep a link open to the bungie recent games section and check that after each match. You obviously have enough time to do so during the wait times between matches, i would know because i do this all the time.