A new dimension to halo 4

vulgarthethird

Well he does wear a several ton suit of armor, so he would drop like a rock. He couldn't really walk across the bottom either because he would sink into the mud. That thruster pack that we saw in the trailer might help under water but we don't really know exactly how that works or if it even works under water.

I bealieve underwater warfare is a very creative idea for 343 to attempt in halo 4, though i would find it unlikely due to how underwater appeared in halo reach and 3. it was very blurry and didnt set the best standards for a multiplayer terrain. another good halo 4 idea like you said involving [jetpack boots] which are actualy thrusters would be space battles that dont take place in ground terrain and you have to rely only on your capability to maneuver space. whatever 343 does end up planning for the upcoming game i know it will meet the halo communities expectations for the game.

I'd rather go into Zero G or Low G than water. Swimming is a good way to limit maps biologically, and since they weigh so much it does make sense. Plus they were never trained to fight underwater but underwent many Zero G battles. To me fighting in a Space setting would make more sense.