Member of the Month Thread

Quantum

At the request of (can't tell you), I have created thread to give some information out to the community. I think most of you will find some of this info useful, or interesting at the very least, and I hope the time I put into turns out well used. Let us begin.

How does it feel being MOM?

Great! Well, AWESOME, quite frankly. It's very honoring. It gives a sense of satisfaction, knowing that something you've done and/or something that you have said was found useful by enough of the community that you were worthy of promotion to Member of the Month, even for the short period of a month. It also tells of recognition. You know, that the forums recognize you as a member, accept your work willingly, and in a very kindly way. It's also great because you know you have earned that much, but your not even close to done yet. There is still work to be done. I mean, look at me. Take away Member of the Month. I'm just a guy, 280 some posts, Brute Ultra in the Trusted Members group. More can be achieved than that. And it's also just the feel of, ''Wow, I'm Member of the Month! Holy crap!'', you know? It's more of something you have to experience though. In other words, it feels amazing being Member of the Month.

How does it feel being a member of this site?

Well, for one thing, I have to say this site is very open, welcoming, and friendly. Great atmosphere for beginners, and experts alike, so anyone is welcome. And because of that, I felt right at home (well, I AM at home...lol) that very fateful first day of membership on December 23rd of 2011. There so many things you can learn here, that it feels like you have everything of Halo at your fingertips, wether it be Halo: Combat Evolved easter Eggs, to Halo 3 glitches. There are so many things you can contribute too. It's a good feeling to be apart of that. You know, like, how did I never find this site before now?!?!

Do you enjoy the community spirit with in the site?

I do. I really do. It's open and friendly. Constant laughs to go around. It's almost impossible to be bored when in the Shoutbox (that is, when it's not a Ghost Town...) because there is always some one with something to share, or some joke, possibly more Halo 4 news, or a video or song they really like. I would encourage any, and I mean ANY, Halo fan to be apart of this site.

How did you find this site?

Me? Hmm.... I was just a humble boy looking for some more information on Halo 4. I thought, hey, shouldn't 343i have some info? I mean, there making the game. So, duh. I Googled 343 Industries, and clicked through a couple sites, and kept coming back to this one. I saw the sign up button, and said to myself ''Why not?''. And here I am today.

Your thoughts on the community as a whole and their response to your work (ie. your signatures)?

The community is great. There are many in depth and detailed dicussions. There may be some arguements here and there, but those are good too. The opinions and the ideas that fly around can help everybody. The more you contribute, the more you help the rest of us. I don't exactly know where I'm going with this, I just love this place. The helpful and encouraging comments on my signature creatings. They really help. I'm glad I could do something back for the community. I will keep doing it. Oh, and I'm gonna use the exact words (can't tell you) used. The shoutbox is the living, and beating heart of this forum. If I'm not posting, I'm up in the shoutbox talking. This site is a great way to spend your time. No, it's one of the BEST way's to spend your time. Other than exercise. Now go do 10 push-ups. There good for you.

Now just some thoughts I would like to share with the community, beginners, experts, and guests...

If you want to be successful, you have to work for it. Be active! That doesn't necessarily mean you have to be on 24/7, but strive to make time for a couple of posts a day, and some friendly shout box time.

Provide something to the community. WE LOVE IDEAS. Keep them coming. They are always pondered over.

If your gonna be a troll, and not post, but sit in the shoutbox and pester other members, you will be dealt with quck and swiftly. There is no point in trying.

Anyone can be a member of this site. I mean, I don't even have an Xbox! The only Halo I have is Combat Evolved for PC (which I have promptly beaten at least 30 times, and play multiplayer everyday). You don't NEED to have a cool Gamer Tag, or every single Halo game. Just come and have fun.

I came up with my great idea (some of it borrowed -thanks Adam-). I think that rewards, even the small ones, are encouraging. Therefore, should have more Member Titles. As some examples (first one from Adam):

Dedicated Member (Teal) - Should be awarded at 500 posts

Extreme Member or something of the sort (Orange) - Should be awarded at 1000 posts

Legendary Member (Yellow or Gold. Something Eye-catchy) - Should be awarded at 2000 posts

I hope most of this comes into effect.

I have to say one more thing though...

343i.png

Thanks guys (and girls) :D

I came up with my great idea (some of it borrowed -thanks Adam-). I think that rewards, even the small ones, are encouraging. Therefore, should have more Member Titles. As some examples (first one from Adam):

Dedicated Member (Teal) - Should be awarded at 500 posts

Extreme Member or something of the sort (Orange) - Should be awarded at 1000 posts

Legendary Member (Yellow or Gold. Something Eye-catchy) - Should be awarded at 2000 posts

I hope most of this comes into effect.

Edited by Absolute Dog
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...