Ask not what the site can do for you, but what you can do for your site.

RANMAN10

I've been thinking, and we should post ways that we can help improve the site as a whole. Whether that be to be more welcoming to newcomers, not using harsh language, or deciding to be more involved in the forums.

Below, post ideas that we can all strive towards to help make the site a better place.

Thanks for reading, God bless you. Sincerely, @RANMAN10

• Like 1

Playdate Idea:: Have Playdates hosted every month but let the users vote on what game we should play, Reach or Halo 3. And let users vote on a good time we should play. Some people have different time lines so I don't think it's fair for the people that miss the Playday. So by fixing the problem, Choot 'Em should make the Playdate Threads have Polls in them to let members of 343i vote! =)

Weekly play dates would be really nice, provided everyone goes easy on me!

Also, I think it'd be nice for people to stop using asterisks to mask swearing - if it actually deserves swearing then just say it, because we know you're saying something rude anyway. If it's not worth wearing over, then don't do it. It just bugs me when people don't seem to have decided whether they actually want to or not...

Playdate Idea:: Have Playdates hosted every month but let the users vote on what game we should play, Reach or Halo 3. And let users vote on a good time we should play. Some people have different time lines so I don't think it's fair for the people that miss the Playday. So by fixing the problem, Choot 'Em should make the Playdate Threads have Polls in them to let members of 343i vote! =)

Pretty good idea Donut! I have always attempted to scheduled the playdates to accommodate everyone on the forums. Saturday works best for everyone because I can begin early a.m. Central time US, which converts our members in UK to +7 hours. It also works out well with my schedule. The only issue I see with the "poll" idea is when someone doesn't get the gametype or map they would like , will they stay in the group or just leave? I always prepare by getting at least the first 10 gametypes and maps ready with a mixture of FFA and Team. ALL gametypes available. But I am willing to try the poll idea and see how it goes. As far as which game, I plan on doing both.

-and then have that date be posted as a banner on the front of the site! :D

Have always given plenty of notice. Playdates will always be found in the "Announcements" section. I also plan on utilizing the "Events Calander" to advertise.

I agree with the play date idea. But make it once a week.. :)

Once a week will not happen yet. Once more people begin to join, I'll consider. Please take into consideration I do have a family, they come first.

I can do Friday night. It's my weekly "xbox all night" night.

Friday's nights are NOT a good time to schedule playdates. Only for US residents. Times for UK would be midnight and beyond.

I hope this clarifies any issues you may have with the playdates. I do try to accommodate everyone. I look forward to improving it and thanks for the valued input! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Play date night sounds nice, but lets call it "game night" sounds cooler. ;)

I'll try to make it to a few, no promises though.

Also, I see a lot of members come in and have no idea what they are doing... why not give them a few pointers and what not.

Ya I'd like to make a tutorial video so that newcomers will know what to do.

As some people have full friends lists shall I create a gamertag for the forum

The way it works is everyone sends a friend request to it. So on one list you can see who is online forum wise. good thing is it takes up 1 space on your friends list.

Cool Idea, I'm gonna currently work on something I can do for this forum.