Is 343 ruining Halo:Reach?

andrew4052

Is 343 ruining Halo: Reach?

Sadly the answer is yes. Bloom is good! Why would they remove it? It seperates the noobs from the pros. Only 300 people play the TU Beta. Why? IT SUCKS. Notice how every playlist that gets the title update subsequently loses the majority of it's players. Every update has made the game worse. I hope 343 gets the message and stops ruining Halo: Reach. If any 343 staff is reading this, PLEASE STOP. YOU'VE ALREADY SCREWED UP HALO:REACH ENOUGH.

Bungie was SOOOO much better.

Please stop. It was amazing and now it's getting worse.

• Like 3

Sadly the answer is yes. Bloom is good! Why would they remove it? It seperates the noobs from the pros. Only 300 people play the TU Beta. Why? IT SUCKS. Notice how every playlist that gets the title update subsequently loses the majority of it's players. Every update has made the game worse. I hope 343 gets the message and stops ruining Halo: Reach. If any 343 staff is reading this, PLEASE STOP. YOU'VE ALREADY SCREWED UP HALO:REACH ENOUGH.

You shouldn't blame 343i for what you and other players asked them to do. Also, bloom doesn't separate newbs from pros. Bullet spread just puts randomness into games and makes newbs and pros on more of a level playing field. If your weapon is deadly accurate, you have to aim it. If your weapon isn't accurate, you can just spray and pray. This is well known, and is a proven fact. Also, if you haven't noticed, a lot of the playlists are losing players simply because people are growing bored of Reach. You do not speak for the majority of players, btw, as most of them either do not mind or actually like the TU changes.
  • Like 2

andrew if you don't like the TU Beta then don't play it! I have no clue what you came here to post about. It is one play list. It is a test in response to community input, just as Bungie listened to the community.

No. It's not the TU Beta. It's the title update! Why dies it have to be in the other game modes? I loved BTB and now, well, it sucks. Why don't you make the title update optional? A playlist for people who want the title update and one for people who do?

• Like 1

No. It's not the TU Beta. It's the title update! Why dies it have to be in the other game modes? I loved BTB and now, well, it sucks. Why don't you make the title update optional? A playlist for people who want the title update and one for people who do?

Just because it's not possible. If you're bored to see Reach updated, you can go back at Halo 3 or just stop playing reach. 343i team is updating Reach for us. 343i read their forums.

And the Title Update was for the majority of halo reach gamers. If you still hate the TU, you can do what others do, custom games.

I agree 100%

You shouldn't blame 343i for what you and other players asked them to do. Also, bloom doesn't separate newbs from pros. Bullet spread just puts randomness into games and makes newbs and pros on more of a level playing field. If your weapon is deadly accurate, you have to aim it. If your weapon isn't accurate, you can just spray and pray. This is well known, and is a proven fact. Also, if you haven't noticed, a lot of the playlists are losing players simply because people are growing bored of Reach. You do not speak for the majority of players, btw, as most of them either do not mind or actually like the TU changes.

Only people who arn't good in Reach say this about the bloom, pros know how to exploit it.

Besides as the tread creator has stated 'each playlist that has had the TU implymented has lost players'. This effect has been much bigger then can be explaned by "people getting bord with reach" It proves that the majority of player actually dont like the TU changes, if the playlist had instead gained players or the number of players had roughly stayed the same then the statement 'most dont mind or actually like the TU changes' would be true, But the evidence shows with out doubt that the TU changes are infact unpopular (most dont like them).

Only people who arn't good in Reach say this about the bloom, pros know how to exploit it.

Besides as the tread creator has stated 'each playlist that has had the TU implymented has lost players'. This effect has been much bigger then can be explaned by "people getting bord with reach" It proves that the majority of player actually dont like the TU changes, if the playlist had instead gained players or the number of players had roughly stayed the same then the statement 'most dont mind or actually like the TU changes' would be true, But the evidence shows with out doubt that the TU changes are infact unpopular (most dont like them).

Then why is everyone in the forums saying that either they don't mind the changes, or that they actually LIKE the changes? And unless you are sponsored by a company to play Halo, then you are not a pro. And before you say "You aren't good in Reach" to me, maybe you should check my stats. Not the k/d part, or my rank, but perhaps my spread on the DMR, or how many headshot medals I have. I KNOW what I am talking about with bullet spread. Unless it's at long range (which most DMR duels are at medium to close range) then a spammer will beat a pacer every time. All you do is point and fire as fast as you can. When the bullets go straight, and the DMR stops acting like an AR, then a person who is good at a 5 shot will kill someone who is just spamming the torso shots every time. Now, I agree that there should be bloom (because even without bloom there is still a bit of bullet spread) but the original bullet spread was just ridiculous. There are normal human beings that can fire a better pattern than that crap. And I know what you are talking about by "those who don't like the TU" (either the waypoint or bungie forums, right?), but those are the ones who don't know what exactly is IN the TU, and are just complaining because they heard someone who thought they knew what they were talking about and decided that they didn't like it without even playing it. And the population has been on decline since BF3 and MW3 came out. Reach wasn't made to compete with THOSE games, it was made to compete with BF2 and Black Ops.

i find it staggering, personally in my humble opinion i loved reach just the way it was.

yes theyve changed it and i still love it.

there really isnt that much to adapt to, it isnt that much different,

lets say for arguements sake it is different, and you dont like it, well 343 listened to the players, listened to there gripes, complaints etc and acted on them.

guess its just a case of damned if you do, damned if you dont.

• Like 2

I agree with Jester. The only real changes are to bloom, damage bleedthrough, and nerfing Armor Lock.

Bloom works better now because players are more likely to win against spammers by pacing their shots than they were previously, as pacing was just too slow to the kill, regardless of how much more likely shots were to hit.

Melee bleedthrough should have been shipped with the game to begin with. Frankly, it's a terrible idea that someone who has a single point of shield left should have the same amount of health in melee terms as their undamaged attacker. As long as we don't go back to the Halo 3 days where Every. Single. Kill. ended in a beatdown, this shouldn't be a problem.

Armor Lock needed nerfing. Don't even bother contesting this.

As for removing the sword block... I don't see how it's a problem. They have a weapon that works at spitting distance. You have a gun which can hit at any range. Just stay away from them, at the very least they're going to get hurt closing the distance. No other power weapon can be countered by anyone at all from the word go, and the sword has always been a high risk/high reward weapon. Cutting the reward and raising the risk just spoils the balance.

• Like 2

Listen. HALO REACH SUCKS! IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN MADE. IF YOU HAVE A COPY BURN IT. YOU WILL HOPEFULLY NEVER SEE ANYTHING LIKE IT AGAIN.

Listen. HALO REACH SUCKS! IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN MADE. IF YOU HAVE A COPY BURN IT. YOU WILL HOPEFULLY NEVER SEE ANYTHING LIKE IT AGAIN.

Save your hate for an opinions thread on Halo: Reach. This isn't the time, nor the place. You may not enjoy the game, but there are plenty of people who do. Deal with it.

• Like 7

Please keep your b*tching out the forums, honestly no one cares that you don't like Reach.. And if you dont like the TU then it means you aren't doing as good, which means you are a bad player without the Tu and a worse one with.. @ Insanebear.

• Like 1

Listen, Go play CoD, it's the only thing that I can think of now that would even stand a SMALL chance on Halo. I think I can say this forum has had enough of these hating trolls, we've gotten your message, okay? The TU sucks to you, we get it! Most of us here are probably loving the TU. I know I love it, It's makin' things easier. IMO the only thing they made completely suck is Armor Lock. But this is just me, please no one else quote this and start spamming me flame, I've said, what I've said.

• Like 1

343i have done an okay job so far, but the Title Update does kind of suck. They have tried their very best to make the gaming environment better, although they have made the game a lot more competetive than before, which is really bad.

how have they made it more competitive? i don't understand....do you mean more challenging? if so, i agree.

the only way it could be more competitive was if 343 added a ranking system to reach...which they probably won't.

• Like 1