ME3 Game modes

Choot 'em

New ways to play

(coutesy of GameInformer)

"When you boot up Mass Effect 3 for the first time, you'll be asked to choose from three possible game modes. These modes represent the different types of players Bioware has realized are all trying to enjoy its games. Here's how it breaks down:" - Phil Kollar

Roleplaying

This is the traditional Mass Effect experience, providing deep story choices where you're in full control and challenging combat tuned to normal difficulty.

Action

This mode turns on automatic dialogue, a new feature that will get rid of converstion options, turning Mass Effect 3 into more linear shooter experience. "It's not that they don't like the story," Hudson says of the players mode is targeting. "They all love the story. In fact, the story is so important to them that they feel like the choices are intimidating." Hudson explains that action mode provides a mix of paragon and renegade choices, creating a "default path that gives you access to alot of cool things."

Story

Given Mass Effect 3's focus on narrative, it's no surprise that some gamers would prefer to stick to this part of the game. Hudson describes this group: "We have a lot of feedback from people who say, 'Your games look really cool, and I love the idea of the story and the characters. It looks awesome when I watch it on Youtube, but I'm just not coordinated with a shooter. I would play it if I could figure out how to do combat.'" Story mode is Bioware's answer. In this mode, combat is dialed down to be extremely fast and relatively easy.

"Generally, if you're trying, you're not going to die," Hudson says.

Ok, this looks promising and exciting, but im a bit confused about the roleplaying and story mode. Wouldn't it make more sense to fuse those 2 modes, rather than separate them? Anyway this looks like a very good move on Biowares part, props to them.

One, roleplaying is the default ME experience with the all the choices yours to decide, and it also has a good amount of fighting.

Story mode is easier fighting so you spend more time focusing on the story, think of it as easy mode.

they both have the same story its the fighting thats different between the two modes.

anyways great job Choot' em i can't wait for ME3 it looks sweet