343 Has ruined halo: reach.....

Destyran

Living dead, arena, TU Gametypes, sword block and let's not forget those horrible maps. All thos was implemented to make the game better and increase Population but in my eyes they destroyed it, if 343 continues like this halo 4 will be the worlds nest selling flop. They are not giving us what we want they're telling us.......

what are u talking about lol, all they do is make the game better

it sounds like halo reach is your favorite game of the franchise wich isnt true for most of us, halo reach is more like halo 2 than it was now and its what we all want

Dude, your wrong. I don´t say that I have right either... but you have to understand that 343 is a really great company and there are some from bungie, that have joined 343. All Im saying is that it´s not JUST 343 that makes these game types + you get much cR from Living Dead. Oh, and the maps are great!

First off, Living Dead is better now because you can't camp out of reach and rack up score. You actually have to play. Secondly, Arena was ALWAYS broken, 343i didn't break it much more than it always has been. Third, the maps are good and have been rated good by people a lot more qualified to make that decision than you. Finally, don't come here to complain about how Reach is "bad". This forum is for constructive criticism and new ideas. We don't want to hear you gripe and moan about how "this game sucks cause I can't get kills on Living Dead anymore cause I'm a camper and you can't do that anymore." We would rather hear things like, "I do not like the Title Update because (insert a good reason here)." Quit wasting everyone's time with your horrible spelling, grammar, and lame posts. Go take an English class, come up with a reason you don't like the new changes other than "they suck, they are broken", and then come back and try again.

• Like 2

First off, Living Dead is better now because you can't camp out of reach and rack up score. You actually have to play. Secondly, Arena was ALWAYS broken, 343i didn't break it much more than it always has been. Third, the maps are good and have been rated good by people a lot more qualified to make that decision than you. Finally, don't come here to complain about how Reach is "bad". This forum is for constructive criticism and new ideas. We don't want to hear you gripe and moan about how "this game sucks cause I can't get kills on Living Dead anymore cause I'm a camper and you can't do that anymore." We would rather hear things like, "I do not like the Title Update because (insert a good reason here)." Quit wasting everyone's time with your horrible spelling, grammar, and lame posts. Go take an English class, come up with a reason you don't like the new changes other than "they suck, they are broken", and then come back and try again.

its called a waste of population in **** useless playlists and they bring out more to try and boost it but it only thins out more and I dont give a **** about grammar I know you can understand me and I don't camp at any thing it makes you lose spastic a good halo player would know and the infection maps suck it looks like some one threw a fit in forge im also horrified to find your a hypocrite forum kid who cares more about posts then the game it self so. Next time don't insult me im allowed. A opinion and don't be some **** head and say bad **** about me if you look evetyone else is sharing their opinion on the matter and we dont like little nerds like you and I'm typing on my phone so if theres stuff spelt wrong go get your mummy to help you figure it out don't ever attack me again

its called a waste of population in **** useless playlists and they bring out more to try and boost it but it only thins out more and I dont give a **** about grammar I know you can understand me and I don't camp at any thing it makes you lose spastic a good halo player would know and the infection maps suck it looks like some one threw a fit in forge im also horrified to find your a hypocrite forum kid who cares more about posts then the game it self so. Next time don't insult me im allowed. A opinion and don't be some **** head and say bad **** about me if you look evetyone else is sharing their opinion on the matter and we dont like little nerds like you and I'm typing on my phone so if theres stuff spelt wrong go get your mummy to help you figure it out don't ever attack me again

You're really not helping yourself here.

psshh wat r u talkin about??? now ur attaking him. ur going to get banned if you continue using language like that.,

I stopped playing Reach regularly after about 6 or 7 months because I couldn't stand what Bungie had done with it. Then I heard that 343i was taking over and that they were going to implement a Title Update to fix the bloom and all, needless to say, Reach is now my favorite game. I just hope they get the Title Update into the Invasion playlist soon because I really do enjoy it. So keep it up 343i, I think what you've done is fantastic, and the TU was more than enough to convince me to buy Halo 4 at the midnight release.

• Like 4

I would not attack you if you did not deserve it. You are a trusted member so you should know better. Posts that are strictly opinion and do not offer suggestions on how to fix actual problems are a waste of time. This forum isn't for whining, it's to share ideas. Do you see any of the other trusted members posting garbage like this? No? That's because after the first few hundred posts you learn that topics like "I hate blah blah" are horrible wastes of times. I'm fairly certain that the mods haven't seen this yet, because (judging by how many "I hate AL" threads have been locked) this would have been locked. And you can go ahead and call me dirty names, but you know I'm correct. If I were you, I would edit the OP to include WHY you do not like the TU changes, and what YOU would do to fix them. Then we can have an actual back and forth conversation, rather than a bunch of "IMO you are wrongs".

I stopped playing Reach regularly after about 6 or 7 months because I couldn't stand what Bungie had done with it. Then I heard that 343i was taking over and that they were going to implement a Title Update to fix the bloom and all, needless to say, Reach is now my favorite game. I just hope they get the Title Update into the Invasion playlist soon because I really do enjoy it. So keep it up 343i, I think what you've done is fantastic, and the TU was more than enough to convince me to buy Halo 4 at the midnight release.

Dude bloom is awesome. Screw 343. Bloom makes it so that noobs like you get killed because you're too trigger happy to realize that if you pace your shots you get kills.

Dude bloom is awesome. Screw 343. Bloom makes it so that noobs like you get killed because you're too trigger happy to realize that if you pace your shots you get kills.

Dude, you are wrong. SO wrong. Bloom makes it so that people that spam can get a lucky shot. And spamming beats pacing quite a bit, even with bloom. Without bloom you actually have to aim rather than just point in their general direction and spam. Now, strafing actually comes into play, and the "legendary" 10 shot kill is less effective. Play Team Slayer DMRs (which doesn't have any TU changes at all in it) against some spammers and you will know what a 10 shot kill is. four or five out of the 10 shots miss, but they get those 10 shots off before you can get five off while pacing.

I totally agree. I dont want to play TU. The Bloom was all about skill, it never was about spaming as The Dictator has stated, but rather you have to fire in a particular manor, it not us skilled peoples fault most noobs never under stood this. Besides it made the game play in a particular manor, which is far superiour to the TU gameplay. I dont want to play the TU settings, as I dont like how they play. The whole skill set with the DRM has been removed in the TU settings, making it more about who got the frist shot than who was more skillful. Any one can point and shoot, its not hard to do so very well. But its another thing altogether to master the non-TU DRM. Besides they've also removed sword block, which should upset you noobs because it means that theres nothing stopping me getting a slice-n-dice almost every time I pick up a sword (apart from the shotgun). I'm one for skill and tatics over been able to get the drop on some one (the frist shot). The TU goes against this.

Besides it doesnt matter that you have never adapted to Reach properly and so prefur the TU settings its not that they have playlists that play like this thats the problem. Its that they are making every playlist TU, and not giving anyone the choice not to play TU. (despite the fact that almost all of the halo community have been playing non-TU settings untill we haven't haven't got a choice -which we dont have anymore if we dont want to play any thing other and team slayer - regardless of the heavy empasis 343 have been putting on there TU altered playlists.)

A large part of the community dont want these changes and I'm one of them.

They did a great thing. They still have the basic playlists (team slayer etc) With additional ones. What? You want the crappy "team classic" playlist back? I personaly love the Anniversary Map pack.

No its not the anniversary playlists that we're having a problem with really its that there not giving any one a choice not to play on TU settings by prgessively making every playlist TU. They should have at the very least a non-TU team slayer, big team and objective playlist (as well as invastion).

Dude, you are wrong. SO wrong. Bloom makes it so that people that spam can get a lucky shot. And spamming beats pacing quite a bit, even with bloom. Without bloom you actually have to aim rather than just point in their general direction and spam. Now, strafing actually comes into play, and the "legendary" 10 shot kill is less effective. Play Team Slayer DMRs (which doesn't have any TU changes at all in it) against some spammers and you will know what a 10 shot kill is. four or five out of the 10 shots miss, but they get those 10 shots off before you can get five off while pacing.

Without bloom the game is more about who gets the first shot. Having no bloom means that you no longer have to pace or time your shots. You can fire as fast as you want with little to no consequence. With bloom you are punished for spamming by having longer kill times and less accuracy. I guarantee that if you pace properly at the appropriate distances, you'll beat a spammer if time your shots properly. Have you tried spamming at long or medium ranges? It's more difficult to kill someone, and takes longer than it should if you pace at the correct time. Yes, bloom does give a chance to hit your target when you might need to miss, but it also gives a chance to completely miss. It evens out. Like Twinreaper has said before me, having to deal with spread and learning to pace properly takes more skill than simply being able to aim and fire as fast as you want. I don't know where you got the idea that strafing doesn't come into play with bloom. Strafing is a valuable technique regardless of having bloom or no bloom. You still have to aim with bloom, so it's not simply fire in the general direction. Your shots will only go within the crosshairs, not outside of it.

• 1 month later...

i play a lot of infection, if you play it too chances are you have played with me. i usually win or come close as long as its not lagging which i have a lot of issues with. im not trying to boast im just establishing that i have a fair idea of what im talking about. the new ifection maps are bad. why alter our favourite maps, when there is a whole forge community some of whom are really clever enthusiastic and hard working out creating brand spanking new ones? 343 has given us worse versions of the same maps. uncongealed is an atrocity. count d..whatever is a joke. the reflection one is painfull along with parasitic. why does 343 hate the pistol in infection? why are they giving the zombies so many chances? the thrill of infection for me has always been the high scores, defending, the sprees and the multikills. zombies is about pooning zombies, not getting pooned by them. sometimes its hard being a zombie but we all get our turn. and if the zombies worked together as a team like they should things like campers wouldnt be an issue. and as for tu... bleed through has made close combat less effective and im not talkin one on one lets say me and two enemies, i kill one with my pistol and use the rest of my ammo to bring the shield down on another, i have a little bit of shield left and i go in too melee him. tu, we both die, normal, i win. in normal im rewarded for my skill and timing. tu, onve youve been hit shot a few times forget about close combat because its a fools game. as for bloom im not sure, but i know im doing better against guys i know are more skilled han me...is that good or bad?

Halo 2 and halo 3 both had bleedthru. Why is now people are bitching? isn't it the same people bitching now, that bitched about reach not being like Halo 2 or 3? And do not, anyone for one second to try to pass off one sided perspectives about playing a lot, to try to pass off you have any above average knowledge about how the game operates.

Infection has and always did pit players with shotty's and pistols against sword weilding zombies. The pistol is overpowered in the TU, and in a zombie match with ZB, it gives the zombies almost no chance at all. remember, the zombies dont have shields. I have not played zombies since prolly the first couple of months when Reach came out, can anyone confirm the zombies gametype the guy above me is complaining about uses ZB, or some of the TU settings?

As for the comment about the match involving you both dying from a melee close combat....why did you decide to rush in and melee him? Was there no other strategic path to take? Sounds to me like it was an unexpected encounter first off, seeing as how the other guy didn't drop your shields or choose a more strategic path him/her self. Lag will always be an issue no matter what kind of connection is used, wether it be host or dedicated server, it's something you have to get used to. If you played a lot of Halo PC back in the day and now, you should be quite adept to dealing with lag, and should be leading and thinking 1 to 2 seconds ahead in battle.

As for the maps, yeah all the maps suck, both forge community ones and Bungies. 343i does a great job with layout but goes overboard on the astetics. That's just my stance as a seasoned veteran of custom bsp work, and it won't ever change.