New Xbox reveal at E3 2012

Spectral Jester

Both the Xbox 360 successor AND a follow up to the PS3 will be shown at E3 2012.

The LA show tease will come as Wii U launch details are locked in – and should ensure no ground is lost between competing consoles.

It will mark the very first time in the show’s 17-year history that three fresh, rival console formats will be so directly comparable.

Microsoft has long been rumoured to detail its next-gen plans at E3 2012, and recently signalled to partners this will happen, MCV has been told.

The 360 is one of the longest-serving games consoles in history. But the real surprise is an early move from Sony. Execs at the PlayStation firm have made it clear to third-parties that they will not be left behind this time.

Execs aren’t expecting price or launch details for the new Xbox or PlayStation. But their unveiling could be a perfect spoiler to the pre-Christmas launch date and price that will be revealed for Wii U in June

I can remember when Sony used to run the market on gaming. The Play Stations first generation console was a nice system and I had endless hours with friends play Madden, NBA, Baseball, Gran Turismo and countless FRS's! I only came to the XBOX for Halo in the beginning and stayed because of there online match making system. I am very interested to see what Sony brings forward this time. I have had all of their systems and may buy the nest one as well.

• Like 1

Thanks for the news Spec :D I'm a fan of gaming in general, I still own all the Sony and Nintendo consoles, though I favor Xbox for obvious reasons. I'm definitely interested in seeing what these powerhouses have to offer us. I personally think it's one of the most exciting times in gaming when we get to see what the future has for us.

Thanks for the info! I've had my Xbox 360 Elite for about 3 years now. It might be time soon for "her' replacement. And I, personally, would like to see what Sony has in store for people this time though. IMO I think that they should've given the PS3 another year this time, but frankly just like I'd expect, they'd go on ahead and try to make a new design/console. When we see this new X360, PS4?, and Wii U, trust me, this is gonna be a BIG event.

I for one will not be buying another Xbox. For the first time in my life I can honstly say I am tired of having to buy console specific games, and tie myself into a hardware investment I cannot upgrade or keep using to play next-gen games. I'll be sticking to PC...and if that means no more Halo then oh well.

Yes, what with all the dramas of recent times with Halo, mabee PC is the way to go? But I'll keep an open mind until I have seen the new consoles, and their price tags... :)

Yes, the price matters totally! Especially whether old games can play on a new one also.

Hope it wont be too expensive... And also I think that halo 4 being on the new consle will mean it will be the smoothest and best graphics halo to date (except for Halo Wars cutscenes) because this new xbox will definatly have a better OS and graphics card..

Regards,

Ashlynn

• 2 weeks later...