Halo Reach January Playlist Updates 10th January

Spectral Jester

2819741-web_preview.png

• Living Dead updated.

Zombies need games to go along with their brains, which is why 343 updated this playlist to include the following new spooky map variants: Bedlam, Uncongealed, Pandemic, Count d’Houen, Deadwalk, Powerless, Spooky Base, and Parasitic. 343 also don’t want you to be “All Alone,” so they've turned up the weighting on Condemned.

• Team Arena, Big Team Battle and Double Team updated to TU settings.

TU game types are our standard Reach Matchmaking settings with the Title Update changes. Those changes are: damage bleed enabled, modified reticle bloom, sword block removed, Armor Lock modified, and Active Camo modified.

• Squad DLC added. All DLC included/required.

Yes, 343 read our forums. No, they don’t always respond with words, because sometimes they respond with action instead. Like this time.

When Premium Battle was removed, threads about its disappearance slowly began cropping up. 343 adjusted the Matchmaking algorithm to match players who have DLC with other players who have DLC more often, but 343 noticed many players saying they still weren’t getting enough DLC to satisfy their map-related cravings. So they are bringing a premium list back in the form of 6v6 DLC Slayer. This list is being introduced on a probationary status due to the low population previously experienced in Premium Battle. 343 will be keeping a very close eye on its numbers, so if you want it to stick around, you’d best play it. Consider this your first warning.

• Abridged updated to latest version.

The creators, theforceswithin and schmittler 5000, made numerous changes to this map. Here are a few they deemed significant enough to mention:

1. Multi-flag has been improved. The flags now spawn in the front of the base a few feet from the GL (previous PL spawn).

2. A teleporter has been added inside the base that leads up to the two-story (Concussion) towers. This significantly improves movement.

3. The gravity lift to the Falcon has been moved into the base to stop vehicles from getting stuck in a permanent floating state.

4. Kill zones have been overhauled. It is now possible to fly underneath the bridge, and there are no HLG spots that we have found to be a problem.

They also removed the shotguns.

• 2v2 variants of Solitary and Battle Canyon added to Double Team.

343 adjusted the Matchmaking algorithm to match players who…. never mind. Enjoy the varied terrain. :)

• Grifball early win behavior fixed.

Goosechecka requested that all games go to 343 rounds. 343 politely declined, and instead fixed the early win behavior on previously affected game types.

• Zealot, Countdown, and Penance added to Team Snipers.

The long barrel was in need of some attention, so 343 diversified the Team Snipers playlist with some smaller maps. 343 recommend forgoing the scope and going straight for the wild flailing. It’s a legitimate strategy.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 5

Wow Reach is Offically wreaked well done 343. You took a perfect game and utterly ruined it, ever heard the saying if it isnt broken don't fix it???? Reach wasn't broken and in trying to fix it you've broken it. The worse thing about it is you did it to every playlist.

People are always going to complain as long as theres a skill gap. 343 by introducting the TU settings have COMPLETLY removed the skill set for the DRM, any one can point and shoot, and 90% of the people who play halo can do that well. But not every one could use the DRM properly infact at lest 90% couldnt use it well (these poeple are known as noobs). This is known as a skill gap, which the good players could establish a lead exployting, there are a lots of tactics that go on top of this that sperate the really good players form the better than noob players. By introducting the TU settings this skill set has of course been removed from the game, and along with it some of the stratgies that the really good players use to use. This has COMPLETLY atlered the game play. As even some of the very worse players can now accurately shoot across the map, and the DRM is now more about who got the frist shot, then who has more skill. In short it no longer plays like Reach and as such is no longer very fun. It doesnt matter that I can still manage +20 k/d a match, its about hidding and getting clean ups now rather then your individual skill. If I wanted to play a game that plays like this rubbish I would much rather play on Halo 3 (or COD).

WHY DID YOU COMPLETY ALTER THE GAME PLAY OF A ESTABLISHED GAME??????

Wow Reach is Offically wreaked well done 343. You took a perfect game and utterly ruined it, ever heard the saying if it isnt broken don't fix it???? Reach wasn't broken and in trying to fix it you've broken it. The worse thing about it is you did it to every playlist.

People are always going to complain as long as theres a skill gap. 343 by introducting the TU settings have COMPLETLY removed the skill set for the DRM, any one can point and shoot, and 90% of the people who play halo can do that well. But not every one could use the DRM properly infact at lest 90% couldnt use it well (these poeple are known as noobs). This is known as a skill gap, which the good players could establish a lead exployting, there are a lots of tactics that go on top of this that sperate the really good players form the better than noob players. By introducting the TU settings this skill set has of course been removed from the game, and along with it some of the stratgies that the really good players use to use. This has COMPLETLY atlered the game play. As even some of the very worse players can now accurately shoot across the map, and the DRM is now more about who got the frist shot, then who has more skill. In short it no longer plays like Reach and as such is no longer very fun. It doesnt matter that I can still manage +20 k/d a match, its about hidding and getting clean ups now rather then your individual skill. If I wanted to play a game that plays like this rubbish I would much rather play on Halo 3 (or COD).

WHY DID YOU COMPLETY ALTER THE GAME PLAY OF A ESTABLISHED GAME??????

The TU has not been applied to every playlist. You still have to pace your shots with the DMR, Needle Rifle, and Magnum, so I don't know where you got the idea that it's simply point and shoot now. The TU includes 85% bloom, not 0%. The game still requires quite a bit of skill, even with the lessened bloom. The thing you don't realise is that the normal setting for bloom also provided a larger area to hit when spammed. With the 85%, that area has been reduced, and the chances of scoring a lucky headshot have been reduced as well. Are you seriously going to try to tell me the gameplay has been "seriously altered"? In what ways has it been? It still plays the exact same as vanilla Reach, apart from a few minor changes to armour lock and active camo. I still have to pace my shots if I want to maintain accuracy and kill quickly and efficiently. I am still punished for spamming my shots, just like in vanilla Reach. Please let me know how the gameplay has been COMPLETELY altered. You will still be punished for spamming at longer ranges. Unless you pace and/or zoom in your target, expect plenty of misses. Being more about who got the first shot is also lie. I've beaten people with the TU settings in DMR duels who have started to fire on me before I did them, simply because I've learned to do things like strafe, jump, and pace my shots properly. They still try to spam at me, and this results in them losing more often than not. Again, the game still plays like Reach before the title update, apart from the very few changes that 343i implemented. THEY DID NOT COMPLETELY ALTER THE GAMEPLAY!!! They made a few minor changes that the community asked for, that's it. They reduced the bloom of precision weapons, making them more reliable while still rewarding those who pace and punishing those who spam. If anything, it now rewards pacers more often.

PS. It's not about hiding and getting clean up kills. If you stick to just doing that rather than going out and getting your own kills, prepare to lose quite a bit.

• Like 2

I think the update is awesome. 85% bloom really doesnt effect gameplay at all and im so glad that we have some new infection and TS maps!

It actually does affect the gameplay. Your shots are now more accurate and more reliable, making the weapons feel much better in my opinion. It now seems to reward those who pace a lot more than those who spam, which is a good thing.

It actually does affect the gameplay. Your shots are now more accurate and more reliable, making the weapons feel much better in my opinion. It now seems to reward those who pace a lot more than those who spam, which is a good thing.

I say this because i never spammed anyway, so reducing bloom doesnt effect my gameplay