[GameSpot] - Digital Store My.Games Offers 90/10 Revenue Split For Game Developers

343iBot

The My.Games digital store is currently offering a 90/10 revenue split to developers who choose to sign up for distribution via their online platform. This split would be in favor of the developers and would apply to all purchases made through the storefront.

The industry is no stranger to online storefronts, though some giants like Valve take a 70/30 approach to revenue generated by titles on Steam, as reported by Screen Rant. This split has been criticized in the past, and more recently the Epic Games Store has launched with an 88/12 split. The proportion being offered by My.Games is even more favorable to developers, though it requires them to sign up for and to use special "Developer Account" tools that the platform is pushing, according to a press release from the store.

Currently, My.Games applies a revenue split similar to Steam's. If developers want to take advantage of this new offer, they will have to use a specific, tracked link generated by My.Games to advertise their titles on various sites and through social media. Purchases of games as a result of that tracked advertising will be subject to the 90/10 revenue split.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

View the full article