Would you pay for DLC that added new ranks, armor and armor effects?

PIGZILLA71

I personally wouldn't buy it, I still have quite a ways to go through the ranks and honestly I don't really care even if I do get to inheiritor as I just play for fun anyways. I do feel for the inheiritors a bit, but the number of those has to be minimal compared to the rest of the population.

Why would I pay for DLC on a game that will be obsolete in just under a year? And anyways, if you will recall, the original rank limit used to be Lt. Colonel. Bungie corrected that with a TU, AND threw in the haunted helmet for those who got to the new rank limit. If 343i tried to charge me for more ranks and more armor, I would probably just stop playing Reach, and might lose faith in Halo 4.

Adding purely new ranks would mean having take down the Reach Live servers, update them, then send out a new TU patch. The ranks you speek of where Lt.Colonel was the highest...this was simply just a nulling of rank values they already had put into place, Literally, all they had to do was in real-time, was untick a certain flag checked. All the ranks we have now, have been implimented and coded from the beginning, including the haunted helmet. It was already there in the resource files, all they did was enable it as "unlockable", instead of "<hidden>".

That aside, I dont think charging for some silly additional armor perms or ranks would even be close to justifiable for paying DLC. It would limit the core metrics of the game to only those who can afford it. DLC for maps is quite different. Map expansions are always put out and everyone expects them, hence why they save or find ways to save for them. Throwing new armor and ranks into the mix by effectivly saying, "Hey great you payed for it, now you still have to play twice as hard to reach them", would be a big bummer. Imagine how you would feel if they decided to make you pay for new maps, but you could only play them if you reached the rank of "Inheritor".... I don't think too many people would be jumping up in line to pay for it do you?

I wouldn't. I like my Rank the way it is, a Field Marshall. I play Matchmaking just for the fun of getting people to scream with anger and hatred. lol

As for the armor, I think it's fine at the moment. Armor is not an issue IMO. As long as your at least a Field Marshall.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't, 343 so far hasn't respected the people who bought the previous map packs by first making Premium one playlist, then unplayable for people without Anniversary, proceeded to remove it and now they added Squad DLC which features only Slayer gametypes. So no, there is no way I'm paying one thing.

The things you mentioned should be added for free in my opinion, to maybe spice the game up a bit before it goes out with a bang.

• 2 weeks later...

I have millions of $ without anything to buy. I would love to have either more armor options or the ability to customize my own armor in some sort of photoshop type platform. Do you guys remember Top Gear Rally? really not an amazing game but I loved the fact that you could draw your own designs on your car. This of course would have to be limited so that "those people" who like to ruin good things could not mess it up for the rest of us.