Why no more halo for pc!?

eliawesome

Used to be a huge fan of halo just loved the game I could be sitting for hours and play halo 2 for my pc but then something happened. Halo 3 was announced but only for the xbox360!!

All of the latest halo games have only been released for the xbox360 but why?? I am a pcgamewr and I am never gonna switch over to a controller so WHY!! cant halo 4 be released for pc??

I know! I have Halo: CE for PC but NO 360. I was not surprised that H3 and Reach were only for 360, but I was MAJORLY dissapointed when CEA was not for PC. I don't know why they are choosing not to develop it for PC, but I am sad they aren't. I would be happy if later after they come out with all the new games if they made a PC version for all of them. But also, the 360 was MADE for those kinds of games, so its very efficient. PC would not be able to handle all of the components as well, and would'nt run as smooth.

The PC is actually the best environment for Halo titles. The sole reason games beyond Halo 2 have not been adapted to PC yet is because there is no need. One of the deciding factors to port H2 was becasue Live was getting ready to drop it, and continuing the emulation of 1st generation Xbox games on the 360, was becoming increasingly difficult to do with the newer gen DirectX API's.

Yes it is an ass move on the part of Microsoft, to not release PC counterparts, like games like MW and BF do....but we will get them eventually. Sooner or later MS will realize how much they are missing out on in terms of PC only guys, and an untapped market not willing to pay for a console just to play a couple of Halo titles. I still play Halo PC everyday, and I can't rememebr how many times I lose count, of people I talk to who still havent bought a 360, or played Halo 3, ODST or Reach. There is literally hundered of thousands of untapped gamers, just waiting for Halo PC glory to come there way.

• Like 1

The PC is actually the best environment for Halo titles. The sole reason games beyond Halo 2 have not been adapted to PC yet is because there is no need. One of the deciding factors to port H2 was becasue Live was getting ready to drop it, and continuing the emulation of 1st generation Xbox games on the 360, was becoming increasingly difficult to do with the newer gen DirectX API's.

Yes it is an ass move on the part of Microsoft, to not release PC counterparts, like games like MW and BF do....but we will get them eventually. Sooner or later MS will realize how much they are missing out on in terms of PC only guys, and an untapped market not willing to pay for a console just to play a couple of Halo titles. I still play Halo PC everyday, and I can't rememebr how many times I lose count, of people I talk to who still havent bought a 360, or played Halo 3, ODST or Reach. There is literally hundered of thousands of untapped gamers, just waiting for Halo PC glory to come there way.

I am one of those guys...

Actually thats just you making complete sense and Microsoft failing completely. The PC market has made a huge comback and in recent turn of economic plights, it has become the one and only "game playing machine" in many households around the world. People will never buy or invest in a new hardware console every 3 to five years, when they can spend half the money and upgrade a computer that will last hardware wise, into the 5 to eight year range.

Hell I still rock the dual 9800GT Nvidia cards, even though they are roughly 6 years ago....but together in SLI they beat out and even perform slightly under what newer cards out now do. Microsoft needs to wake up and start re-investing in the PC market. I am even really considering moving on from Halo altogether after H4. I really dont feel like buying yet another console for no reason at all. All my gaming and modifications to games is PC based.

• Like 1

I wish they would, but like when they made Halo 2 Vista only (which most people just modded to work for XP), they're trying to push people into buying the 360. They honestly might never make any more Halo games for PC. This marketing tactic, while being completely senseless, does work because I broke last week and decided to start saving up for a 360.

I wish they would, but like when they made Halo 2 Vista only (which most people just modded to work for XP), they're trying to push people into buying the 360. They honestly might never make any more Halo games for PC. This marketing tactic, while being completely senseless, does work because I broke last week and decided to start saving up for a 360.

I've started the same tactic. It might take me a while, but I'm gonna save up for one.