Matchmaking Suggestions

Flly

I just thought of these really cool matchmaking ideas today and I thought that I'd tell you them!...

If you have any really cool ideas or just other ideas that they should bring on from halo 1,2,3, or reach post them here...

Number one I thought would be cool apart from the campaign would to have facial customization for your spartan; It's never been done before and I think that it would be something that you would see say in a pregame lobby right before the map loads and what knot and to also to the thing that they did in tony hawk where you could send in a picture of yourself and they would make a custom face for you that would look just like your face.

My second and last idea for now was that ranks wise I personally think that it should be like halo 3 and 2 because it prevents players that aren't as good as others that play halo a lot and are more skilled.... Because what they did in Halo: Reach is a Call of Duty thing and I think the social matchamking playlists were just fine the way they were in Halo 3, but along with these rank I almost feel as if say you were a 48 and to be a general you had to be a 50 like normal and if you got to brigader general there was a certain amount of exp after the brigader general that you could then be a general but your highest level would still be say a 47 or what not.

So in a general look it's a little bit of halo reach and 3 put together but the catch is you can only go a rank higher unless you achieve that rank later...

So an example of this would be (going back to halo 3 ranking system) say our friend Jimmy here got to level 11 he would be a Lt. once he achieved that many exp which I think that's 100 exp wins. Jimmy plays a lot so he achieves the First Lt. rank which is 400 exp wins, but with this new ranking system if he got enough wins the highest rank he could get to is Staff Captain but only staff captain. So he would have to get 600 exp wins and would only get Staff Captain and that's as high as he could go as a level 11 without getting to the level 20 rank.

I know it's weird in a way but it's just something that I was thinking of lately and I want some feedback about your ideas and how you feel about this and what would be better to add to this. =]

I agree there needs to be a better ranks system in reach other than obtaining high ranks just because you play A LOT. Halo 3's ranking system is what i would go with (i never played Halo or halo 2 online), especially have to seperate k/d's (one ranked, one social).

I also think it would be a good idea to create seperate playlists for spartans and elites, and keep mlg, the arena (but bring back doubles and FFA) and invasion as they are. So theorectically there would be a Spartan Slayer, Spartan Objective, Spartan Squad...and so on; Elite Slayer, Elite, Objective, Elite Squad...and so on.

I want the ranking back to normal, but I DONT want the facial customization. 1. It would make the game look worse wecause the amount of detail that would be needed to make them look good couldn'y be put in. 2. A Spartan would never take his/her helmet off... that would be instant suicide.