If they really want CEA to feel like CE, then quit with Reach

I, like many others found Reach to be a bit of a disappointment. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy reach, but bungie over hyped it with all the "were going back to the roots of halo, this is our swan song" ect. ect. Combat Evolved is still my all time favorite game so sure I was exited when I found out what they were trying to do with Reach. But they just didn't deliver what they promised for me. So back to CEA, it kind of makes me upset with what their doing. Using Reach armor for elites, Making the traditional AR look exactly like the one in Reach, the grunts, and ESPECIALLY the Jackles. If they really want to recreate the awesome experiences of Combat Evolved then they should do that. Make the AR seem more traditional to Combat Evolved. Don't take away our gold elite, I want to feel that scare when he pops out from around the corner in the Cartographer. I want our simple maroon colored major back. I want the elites to feel like Combat evolved elites not Reach.

So what do you think? Do you agree with the Reach spin their having on CEA or would you like something a little more traditional?

have to agree with you there, yes update the graphics that is great, but keep the elites as they were, totally agree on the scare factor, there you are happily chugging through the level when pop!!! gold elite appears and its time to hide lol....

In a nutshell update graphics but dont update the elites skins, maybe its just easier for 343 to drop the Reach skins over it, as isnt the multiplayer using the Reach engine? I could be mistaken I usually am!!

I cannot tell you how much I agree with you. I think if 343 is gonna make Halo CEA look like reach when the game releases and put armor abilities in the multiplayer AS THEY SAID THEY WOULD I am not gonna buy it and not even gonna buy halo 4. They should make halo CEA EXACTLY like halo CE original and not put in ****ty reach's multiplayer. I mean why would they wanna slit the multiplayer and the campaign? That just sounds lame. Why not make a map pack for Reach instead? Seriously they need to work on the game looking more like the original halo and LESS like halo reach. It just does not make sense for them to do something like that. Seriously 343 we want a proper remake not a sequel to reach......

I don't care much for the multiplayer. Reach's is fine, and we'll have some good maps. But I'll use the CEA disc for campaign. Keep the Elites the same. I loved freaking out when I saw an Elite rushing toward me with an energy sword. I thought there was no way to fight it (Then again, i was like 6 or 7, and only knew very basic fighting, I couldn't even be the gunner in a warthog since it moved too fast for me too shoot back then). I want that feeling again, even though this time around I think it will be much easier for me to fight them, they still had a better feel. Same with the Hunters, the Reach hunters seem easy to fight, hust use a hologram and a shotgun. 2 or 3 shots and they're down. I want it to be harder again, where you have to plan everything out and take several tries to defeat those things.