The reason why Halo is losing

Destroyer ZD

Any watch the Bungie goodbye video?

Pretty sure in that they said in the video that they were so pleased with Reach as they were finally able to put everything into Halo that they wanted to put in way back in Halo 1. so really Reach is the REAL Halo experience.

Just saying.....

Cool....Jester is in the mix! lol As I welcome you back to the trenches that I know you missed so much, I understand your intent for offering this post. The point still does remain that it was not part of the original experience of CE and Halo 2 online. The fan base was built on what we had at that time. There is no telling what would have happened to the game had the "Reach" attributes been part of the original experience. The REAL Halo experience is just as it has been for all those years.

Any ways, Halo 4 is around the corner, a big long corner, and I know we are all chopping at the bit to play it. Party on 343i.!

I put this topic here because the greatest online game in history was destroyed, and for the people who left us

You tried to post your opinion as fact. People had a problem with that and called you out on it. They countered your points (rather well in my opinion), though I agree with Absolute that there wasn't too much need to go insulting you for your opinion.

I stand by what i said. Don't tell me to grow up. You don't know me, know or know anyone that does know me. I'm an adult with a mind that gets excersised freely. I never said everything I would post would be kind and respectful. Besides, who are you to tell me what to take "personally?" Not even my mother or wife have that right. Why is this even still being commented on? This thread should have been closed already. the OP is nowhere to be found and all this thread is going to do is constantly perpetuate a flame war amongst it's members. Lets all just agree to disagree, move on and have some fun!

• Like 2

I stand by what i said. Don't tell me to grow up. You don't know me, know or know anyone that does know me. I'm an adult with a mind that gets excersised freely. I never said everything I would post would be kind and respectful. Besides, who are you to tell me what to take "personally?" Not even my mother or wife have that right. Why is this even still being commented on? This thread should have been closed already. the OP is nowhere to be found and all this thread is going to do is constantly perpetuate a flame war amongst it's members. Lets all just agree to disagree, move on and have some fun!

no preblem

You know, the PC version...where we REAL gamers get to make great stuff...well as great as it can look anyway.

Really dude? REALLY? The PC wasn't made for games, games were made for it. You are just as bad as the OP with that statement, assuming you are the authority on something and belittling a group of people with a certain preference.

And no, Halo is not broken. It has about 400-500k people on it per day, with 100k average at any given time. I loved Halo 3 multiplayer, even though I sucked at it. I loved Halo 2 multiplayer, even though I was good at it. And I loved Halo CE multiplayer too. Reach has many different ways to play, even with some minor issues in it's multiplayer that people blow WAY out of proportion. If you are bad at one playlist, there are others that you can play that you might be good at with some practice. And if you want a challenge, there are playlists for that too. Halo isn't Burger King. You don't get to have it your way. It's THEIR game. THEY are making it. THEY are the ones spending hours of the time that they could be using with their families or friends making YOU a game that you can play when you are bored.

So far, Halo has pioneered the FPS genre. It's the first FPS game for a console that wasn't "clunky", and paved the way for the FPS games that you play today. In every single Halo game, people poured their hearts and souls into their making. For you, OP, to call them stupid is not only insulting, but ignorant. I see WAY too many complaints about Halo Reach in every forum I go to. From the Armor Lock that people asked for during Halo 3, to the Title Update and Zero Bloom that people have been begging for since it's release. Be happy that you have a new Halo, and quit complaining about getting what you wished for.

• Like 1

I really appreciate the time that you have taken to express how I feel, without managing to annoy anybody, as I appear to have done. It really is a shame to have seen what was the best and most played online game lose everything that made it great.

They took the heart away, and the players left with it. I love Halo, and would like nothing more than to see the glory days return ADOG.

Lets live in hope for Halo 2, long live Halo 2

• Like 1

Honestly i see halo becoming more like COD/MW/BF...and its simply economics. All Bungie/343 wanted/wants to do is sell more and more copies to line their pockets. If they gave a **** about creating a great game...especially competitive multiplayer that rewards the higher skilled players.

Because you obviously know for a fact that they're creating new games just to line their pockets and not to please the millions of fans they have. /sarcasm

Bungie and 343/Microsoft are a business first and foremost. They create video games to make money. That's what businesses do. They create a product that people want, people buy it, and they turn a profit. So far every Halo game has been a good one, and plenty of people have bought them. Regardless of your opinion on each particular entry in the franchise, they have all been of good enough quality to gain millions of purchases and thousands and thousands of active players. They do give a **** about creating a great game, otherwise you might see them reusing the exact same things for each entry, like in COD for example. They go to the trouble to develop a story people will like, characters people will love, hire voice actors for said characters, create different sound effects, models, and textures for weapons, objects, characters, etc., spend countless hours working on animations, programming, fixing bugs and glitches, and spend their lives creating a product that they hope their fans will enjoy. They pour themselves into their work, and you should learn to show some respect towards those who develop a series you apparently enjoy.

• Like 1

Because you obviously know for a fact that they're creating new games just to line their pockets and not to please the millions of fans they have. /sarcasm

Bungie and 343/Microsoft are a business first and foremost. They create video games to make money. That's what businesses do. They create a product that people want, people buy it, and they turn a profit. So far every Halo game has been a good one, and plenty of people have bought them. Regardless of your opinion on each particular entry in the franchise, they have all been of good enough quality to gain millions of purchases and thousands and thousands of active players. They do give a **** about creating a great game, otherwise you might see them reusing the exact same things for each entry, like in COD for example. They go to the trouble to develop a story people will like, characters people will love, hire voice actors for said characters, create different sound effects, models, and textures for weapons, and spend their lives creating a product that they hope their fans will enjoy. They pour themselves into their work, and you should learn to show some respect towards those who develop a series you apparently enjoy.

Fact

Bungie and 343/Microsoft are a business first and foremost. They create video games to make money. That's what businesses do. They create a product that people want, people buy it, and they turn a profit. So far every Halo game has been a good one, and plenty of people have bought them. Regardless of your opinion on each particular entry in the franchise, they have all been of good enough quality to gain millions of purchases and thousands and thousands of active players. They do give a **** about creating a great game, otherwise you might see them reusing the exact same things for each entry, like in COD for example. They go to the trouble to develop a story people will like, characters people will love, hire voice actors for said characters, create different sound effects, models, and textures for weapons, objects, characters, etc. and spend their lives creating a product that they hope their fans will enjoy. They pour themselves into their work, and you should learn to show some respect towards those who develop a series you apparently enjoy.

Sing it, sister. :heart:

Honestly i see halo becoming more like COD/MW/BF...and its simply economics. All Bungie/343 wanted/wants to do is sell more and more copies to line their pockets. If they gave a **** about creating a great game...especially competitive multiplayer that rewards the higher skilled players.

if they didnt' care about halo, why would they take their time to make a title update? they could easily of just left the game and they still would of made millions.

343 and bungie both care about their respected community and have acted on what the communtiy wanted, which is more then the CoD Producers (Bethesda, Acitvision) can say, they dont' care, because their community is so massive....

It's fun, but I enjoy it most when no one is using something like BXR or double shooting to gain an upper hand, and is instead relying solely on what Bungie intended the player to do/use.

Cheap glitch? That's it was allowed in the MLG Pro Circuit, right? It took skill to accurately time and aim a doubleshot.

Cheap glitch? That's it was allowed in the MLG Pro Circuit, right? It took skill to accurately time and aim a doubleshot.

I don't care if they were allowed in MLG or not, that doesn't mean they weren't cheap. Players should rely on their own personal skill with what was meant to be used within the game, not exploiting some cheap little glitch like I've said to gain the upper hand. That is why I prefer Halo 3 over Halo 2. There were fewer glitches and the weapons were more balanced, so I knew if I was killed it was because someone knew how to properly use their weapon, grenades, and had good map movement. Not because they could press a few buttons together and exploit a bug/glitch within the game.

• Like 3

What do you do when you have the best fps of all time on xbl ?

Answer = leave it behind, then remove it !

Are these people stupid or what ? Let's take Halo 2 to the 360 and call it Halo 3. Let's remove all of the features that made Halo 2 great i.e clans, superjumps, the maps and Team Snipers. That should really boost the Halo franchise lol

The graphics were better, and there were no blue screeners, wow ! but the heart was removed. CONGRATULATIONS FOR DESTROYING HALO

Why oh why oh why is the Reach Engine even worse than Halo 3 ? It has become a kids cartoon. The weapons are awfull aswell.

You need to speak up people, before Halo is gone forever, because THESE PEOPLE DO NOT REALISE THAT HALO 2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEPT ALIVE and given a new lease of life.

Oh by the way, if you do ever decide to try and save Halo, DO NOT BRING BACK HALO 2 WITHOUT SNIPERS, CLANS, SUPERJUMPS AND THE SAME MAPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT USE THE REACH ENGINE, DO NOT CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE, WE'RE SICK OF IT, IT IS JUST GETTING WORSE AND WORSE AND WORSE. ALL WE ASK IS FOR HALO 2 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS AND NO BLUE-SCREENS.

P.S I havn't finished yet :-) no silly jet-packs, rediculous noises, grenades that go way too far, stupidly fast moving characters with silly flames here there and everywhere ! Halo is not the X-Men ! Let's have some realism back please !

amen to this brotha, totally agree with absolutely everthing you have said. and at this point, 343 knows what they have to do to make halo 4 amazing. not sure how they could fail...

What do you do when you have the best fps of all time on xbl ?

Answer = leave it behind, then remove it !

Are these people stupid or what ? Let's take Halo 2 to the 360 and call it Halo 3. Let's remove all of the features that made Halo 2 great i.e clans, superjumps, the maps and Team Snipers. That should really boost the Halo franchise lol

The graphics were better, and there were no blue screeners, wow ! but the heart was removed. CONGRATULATIONS FOR DESTROYING HALO

Why oh why oh why is the Reach Engine even worse than Halo 3 ? It has become a kids cartoon. The weapons are awfull aswell.

You need to speak up people, before Halo is gone forever, because THESE PEOPLE DO NOT REALISE THAT HALO 2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEPT ALIVE and given a new lease of life.

Oh by the way, if you do ever decide to try and save Halo, DO NOT BRING BACK HALO 2 WITHOUT SNIPERS, CLANS, SUPERJUMPS AND THE SAME MAPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT USE THE REACH ENGINE, DO NOT CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE, WE'RE SICK OF IT, IT IS JUST GETTING WORSE AND WORSE AND WORSE. ALL WE ASK IS FOR HALO 2 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS AND NO BLUE-SCREENS.

P.S I havn't finished yet :-) no silly jet-packs, rediculous noises, grenades that go way too far, stupidly fast moving characters with silly flames here there and everywhere ! Halo is not the X-Men ! Let's have some realism back please !

OMFG finally i couldn't agree more halo 2 was amazingful in every possible way and i was so depressed to learn that ALL the multiplayer was shut down i can't even use GFWM on my PC for the multiplayer i am so happy to have found this and i hope you can persuade the new halo team (343) to remake it but there are 2 things that should be changed

1 they should take out the homing on the launcher cause of all the no talent noobs that would win without any skill or effort (plus its frustrating)

2 it should be remade properly for the PC instead of just a port at the last minute and taking in to account for the better graphics and frame-rate and a legitimate connection to LIVE preferably one that meets with console players on XBOX LIVE that would be a big step ahead and a major improvment