To play as a Grunt...

SHADOWX945ELITE

Grunts. The little guys. Alien cannon fodder. The things you love to kill. Some find them cute. But, there is a time in every Halo fans life when he/she thinks: What if I could play as a Grunt?

Imagine it, you're a Grunt in a new playlist: Grunt slayer. You have Spartan shields. You move as fast as a Spartan and hitting the crouch button makes you more accurate, you move slower and you disappear from the motion tracker. You can use any weapon, you have armour abilities like armour lock and armour effects like Birthday Party and you melee with the strength of an Elite. You can also pilot vehicles, jump and do anything else Spartans and Elites can. Like with Elites you unlock different armour classes from minor to ultra.

I want it!

post-18168-0-54303600-1324494920_thumb.jpg

Actually playing as a grunt is quite satisfying. We did mods for this a long way back for Halo 2...and it was fun as hell. It was a pain getting used to not being able to croutch or really jump, and the slow moving made it real hard to navigate and play against the AI...but multiplayer games with this was awesome! I would love to see playable characters in either multiplayer or campaign and that allow the complete range.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see a gametype that included playing as the covenant. I always thought a mode where you "level up" what covenant you are like in BO's "Gun Game." Imagine starting off as a grunts, ranking up through jackal, brutes, and elites, up to hunters bashing around by getting kills!

• Like 1

I think your idea is intresting and something they should look into. though in local firefight you can play as an elite being able to choose your covenent species is a great idea. most halo fans would probaly enjoy a new playlist like this were for once your goal is to actualy kill the spartans. if 343 did introduce something like this i think it would be succesfull. we never really know.