[GameSpot] - Minecraft's Nether Update Will Have Music From Celeste Composer

343iBot

The upcoming Minecraft Nether Update will feature music from composer Lena Raine, most known for her award-winning work on Celeste and Guild Wars 2. Three original tracks will be featured across the new biomes introduced to the Nether when the update releases at some point later this year.

The track Rubedo will be played in the Nether Wastes, Chrysopoeia can be heard in Crimson Forests, while So Below will feature in both Soulsand Valleys and Basalt Deltas.

"I am extremely honored and excited to finally say that I'm the composer for the upcoming Nether Update for Minecraft," Raine said on Twitter. In the latest Snapshot blog post, meanwhile, the composer explained her approach to creating new music for Minecraft: "One of the primary instruments in Minecraft is the piano, and so one of my challenges to myself was to see how far I could push the sound of the piano until it resembled other things entirely–again, that alchemical process.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

View the full article