[GameSpot] - Best VPN Service For Streaming Region-Locked Content

343iBot

There are a ton of reasons to use a VPN in today's world. Being able to connect to a private network and hide your true location has a lot of security benefits, but it can also be a great way to access content that's restricted to specific regions from around the web--I even use one to look at other region's prices for GameSpot's deals coverage. And if you're stuck inside during these trying times, you may be looking at another country's available movies and TV shows, wondering how you can watch them. A safe, secure VPN is the answer.

Now, there are a ton of free VPN options out there, but I wouldn't recommend any of them. It can be hard to tell which ones are actually of good quality and even harder to know if any of them are monitoring, using, and/or selling your personal information. My suggestion is to avoid all the free options.

Thankfully, there are a number of affordable and great VPN providers out there, all of which have been tested and verified by us or our sister site CNET. We've selected a handful that we trust and included their best deal, but if you're looking for even more options, be sure to check out CNET's guide to the best VPN service for 2020.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

View the full article

• 2 years later...

Actually, it’s better to use a proxy service, IMO. Proxy services are developing faster than VPN ones, so it’s one of the reasons to use and trust them more. As I know, at our company, we use only these https://soax.com/residential-proxies proxies. Guess we have a sort of contract with that company. Anyway, we’ve not noticed any decrease in the connection speed, which is great, I guess. Actually, proxy services can provide you with better security and privacy features. So, that’s why we rarely use VPN services.

Edited by DaleSims