The "Official" What do you want in the Halo 4 Ranking system.

Herodanny

Ranking system  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which ranking system is your favorite?

2. 2. Credits

• Like them, they should effect your rank (like in reach)
    • Shouldn't effect rank but should allow customization (like in armor)
    • hate them

1 - 5 = Win 1 game to level up. Lose 1 to level down.

5 - 10 = Win 2 game to level up. Lose 2 to level down.

10 - 15 = Win 2 game to level up. Lose 2 to level down.

15 - 20 = Win 2 game to level up. Lose 2 to level down.

20 - 30 = Win 3 game to level up. Lose 3 to level down.

30 - 40 = Win 3 game to level up. Lose 3 to level down.

40 - 45 = Win 4 game to level up. Lose 4 to level down.

45 - 50 = Win 5 game to level up. Lose 5 to level down.

My opinion- 6 games to level up/down seems a bit to much.

I just don't like number ranks. They're just bland and completely... Boring. The reach ranks actually had names, symbols, and overall even made the game that much better.

The reach ranks were a good idea but they weren't supposed to be for judging skill. Many halo fans and almost all fans of halo 2 & 3 want a number ranking system back.

In reach the arena was supposed to inspire competition but it failed. The halo 2 & 3 number ranking systems worked at separating the good and bad players so that competitive players could play with other people in their skill level.

Is it really fair to abandon the players who like to compete and rank up? Hell even an arena system would be better than no competition at all (as I say this I would like to point out how ******* terrible the arena was)

1 - 5 = Win 1 game to level up. Lose 1 to level down.

5 - 10 = Win 2 game to level up. Lose 2 to level down.

10 - 15 = Win 2 game to level up. Lose 2 to level down.

15 - 20 = Win 2 game to level up. Lose 2 to level down.

20 - 30 = Win 3 game to level up. Lose 3 to level down.

30 - 40 = Win 3 game to level up. Lose 3 to level down.

40 - 45 = Win 4 game to level up. Lose 4 to level down.

45 - 50 = Win 5 game to level up. Lose 5 to level down.

My opinion- 6 games to level up/down seems a bit to much.

yeah, I mean the amount of wins/loses required could be altered. However, the principle is still the same.

i liked reach's credit system, but credits shouldnt have an effect on rank. i never played halo 2 online but i like the sound of it..... apart from the rank going down, because sometime you lose because your team mates quit or suck....... alot, and that cant be helped ether.

i liked reach's credit system, but credits shouldnt have an effect on rank. i never played halo 2 online but i like the sound of it..... apart from the rank going down, because sometime you lose because your team mates quit or suck....... alot, and that cant be helped ether.

Re-read the last 2 pages, it will explain why ranking down is essential to a ranking system

Halo Reach with the ranking like captain and stuff made a lot more sense. Can't see why the halo 3 ranking system I so popular? You seemed to have a different rank in a different game.

You should have a bar at the bottom like in Halo Reach but to rank up to level 2 it takes 500exp an so on, then a simple rank and not a number next to your name, like on Reach.

The Halo 2 & 3 ranking systems were too complicated, especially for new players.

Proper ranks like in real life should be used like Private, lance corporal etc.

MAKE MORE SENSE THAN HALO 3.

^ exactly what I'm trying to get at. It would be so much better with actual ranks. Like I said: credits for armor only, EXP for ranking up, and, reach ranks.

Whatever man, Give them real names and make the number hidden. Doesn't matter to me in halo 2 after you hit level 44 your number turned into a symbol (moon, sun, eclipse, and finally level 50 is the halo ring) So I will be perfectly happy with a symbol representing a number, hell, even give it a name like "Inheritor" or "Spartan" etc. As long as you can rank up and rank down and every win counts as 1 point towards your rank and not something stupid like 816 EXP, then sure. Let's have it that way.

Halo Reach with the ranking like captain and stuff made a lot more sense. Can't see why the halo 3 ranking system I so popular? You seemed to have a different rank in a different game.

You should have a bar at the bottom like in Halo Reach but to rank up to level 2 it takes 500exp an so on, then a simple rank and not a number next to your name, like on Reach.

The Halo 2 & 3 ranking systems were too complicated, especially for new players.

yeah the normal real life ranks make sense for names, but the reach system was just to make new players (who are generally terrible and end up giving up because they arent somewhat dedicated) feel better about their playing. Fact is they arent gonna get better by completing dumb challenges and sitting in firefight all day, then going into team slayer and getting raped because they are such a high rank without skill.

As long as there are ranked playlists ( ie. 4v4 slayer and objective, 2v2, 1v1, 8 man FFA, MLG) with standard settings ill be happy. Social playlists are fine, because im just gonna warm up in them.

• Like 1

ones k/d (preferably k+a/d) has to play into it as well or else your are gonna get bad players who get carried by a good team and get higher ranks than what they are.

Yes, let's reward people for camping with sniper in the back of the base and not helping their team push top mid, that sounds like a wonderful system.... -____-

Halo is a team game, don't want it to be? then play lone wolfs.

ones k/d (preferably k+a/d) has to play into it as well or else your are gonna get bad players who get carried by a good team and get higher ranks than what they are.

K/d should not influence rank.

If you're thinking k/d per game, than there are many times were k/d must be sacrificed. Even in the pro-circuit, the winning team will have negative k/d's, especially in objective based games. Also, it is very difficult to carry someone with little knowledge of the game to a victory once you have started playing people of higher ranks and familiarity with the game. Furthermore, this would encourage more 'kill stealing' (not that I believe there really is a such thing in a team game, the win is most important), but who wants to have that guy who sits at the back of the base with all the sniper ammo the entire game, apposed to moving around and being active with the weapons and engaging in the game.

And if you're talking about k/d over-all, that would have a devastating impact to the already dwindling community (if you can call it a community in Reach). That would discourage new players who are trying to learn and are dishing out terrible k/ds as they getting use to the game. Once they gained they're skill they may have to fix something discouraging such as a .60 k/d and 15k deaths. Whereas the gain two rank up and lose two rank down lets a player grow while still basing each other off of the current and over-all skill.

• Like 2

Lol im being stupid? Where in my post was my lack of intelligence showing? Maybe im just too stupid too notice. Also you are so mad its hilarious. Dont like when people disagree with you? You are entitled to your own opinion but you are posting it on an online forum. You best expect it will be criticized. You should consider leaving this forum for awhile and do a little growing up. Your views are unpopular because they are illogical lack any sort of understanding of the game of halo.

And yes please dont bother with me anymore. If not for me then do it for your own dignity while you still have any(you dont).

Consider this. I dont agree with you. You dont like it? I dont care. Shut up now.

K/d should not influence rank.

If you're thinking k/d per game, than there are many times were k/d must be sacrificed. Even in the pro-circuit, the winning team will have negative k/d's, especially in objective based games. Also, it is very difficult to carry someone with little knowledge of the game to a victory once you have started playing people of higher ranks and familiarity with the game. Furthermore, this would encourage more 'kill stealing' (not that I believe there really is a such thing in a team game, the win is most important), but who wants to have that guy who sits at the back of the base with all the sniper ammo the entire game, apposed to moving around and being active with the weapons and engaging in the game.

And if you're talking about k/d over-all, that would have a devastating impact to the already dwindling community (if you can call it a community in Reach). That would discourage new players who are trying to learn and are dishing out terrible k/ds as they getting use to the game. Once they gained they're skill they may have to fix something discouraging such as a .60 k/d and 15k deaths. Whereas the gain two rank up and lose two rank down lets a player grow while still basing each other off of the current and over-all skill.

I wish everyone was as smart as you Nicole :) lol

• Like 1

I dont really mind BUT...

I dont want demotions in Halo 4, I dont want to be punished for having a couple of bad matches or being put with terrible team mates by having my hard earned rank put down...

Also dont bring back skill like in halo 3. I never did very well in Ranked matches in the early days of halo 3 so when I actually got good and tried getting my skill level higher to get to general (all I needed was something like 6 more rank to go straight to general grade 3) I couldnt. This was because of the stupid 'have to do considerably better in order to increase skill rating' rule. I won 9 ranked FFA matches in a row with flying colours and it didnt go up a single point and from then on I NEVER played ranked again on halo 3 it ruined the game for me

I dont really mind BUT...

I dont want demotions in Halo 4, I dont want to be punished for having a couple of bad matches or being put with terrible team mates by having my hard earned rank put down...

Also dont bring back skill like in halo 3. I never did very well in Ranked matches in the early days of halo 3 so when I actually got good and tried getting my skill level higher to get to general (all I needed was something like 6 more rank to go straight to general grade 3) I couldnt. This was because of the stupid 'have to do considerably better in order to increase skill rating' rule. I won 9 ranked FFA matches in a row with flying colours and it didnt go up a single point and from then on I NEVER played ranked again on halo 3 it ruined the game for me

the whole point of ranking is to make you work for it, it takes no effort to rank up if you dont have a penalty of losing and that will make the game just as uncompetitive as reach. If you dont like playing competitively take the ranking system out of your concern, it's best purpose can only be driving the competitive community. Also lone wolves was like impossible to get a 50 in for most people, you shouldn't of tried. I could of gotten FFA 50 if i tried to because i played like 50 games and got my 44 lol, but i didn't even bother with it cause it would only mean that i was a dirty kill thieve.

Again the ranking system is for competitive players not noobs and casuals, if you want to effortlessly rank up go play cod. If you didn't understand the H3 ranking system you shouldn't be complaining about it.
  • Like 1

How about this: there should be a competitive playlist, and a social playlist. The competitive playlist should have ranking like halo 3: but social playlists, the ones just for fun, should be like reach. I think that's a fair compromise?

as long as the ranking system drives people to win and is rewarding i dont really care about how the system works with XP.