The "Official" What do you want in the Halo 4 Ranking system.

Herodanny

Ranking system  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which ranking system is your favorite?

2. 2. Credits

• Like them, they should effect your rank (like in reach)
    • Shouldn't effect rank but should allow customization (like in armor)
    • hate them

That all being said, if someone truly wants to brag about being the best, he would any day of the week, place his individual skill achievements against others....not just his piddly "Oh but I wont 75 out of 80 matches"...cause the truth is YOU DIDN'T WIN ****! Your team did. "No I in Team" ring any bells?

This needs to be made into a banner and sent out to all the self-indulged non-team team slayer players...........I fing love it TWINREAPER

halo is a team game so you should be judged on how your team played if you wanna be judged on your own go play lone wolves

and splitting team slayer and team objective would stop you from getting somebody who is amazing at slayer but cant do **** in an objective game when your playing objective based game types

You know what needs to come back with the rank system? The clan option. if the ranking system is done right, according to what Skittlez, Spade and myself have viewed and agreed upon, they could easily apply this to a special playlist for clans where teams of the clan can compete for a special ranked clan playlist. it would be like if XBConnect and Live had a ranked love child. What would be better then seeing clans of people facing off in ranked games? It would be like MLG for casual or gamers who just dont care to go that extra devoted step to MLG. It would please people who like teamwork and deserve teamwork ranks of high levels. It could be done easily and comfortably...given people would like it or use it.

To example this, the playlist would be this...

One team goes into the playlist. In the lobby before the server searches for players, the server checks to ensure every party member is on the same clan. Then, it searches for clans of equal rank and pairs them up...and viola! True ranked team play.

They then could go the extra step and have a playlist that coordinates with an event schedule. One clan challenges another a week from today. The opposing clan accepts, and if the clan doesn't show on the deadline of play, the team forfeits and the forfeit team loses rank experience points, and the team that showed up is given positive points.

Simple yet effective use of the clan system.

• Like 2

This is exa tly what i want to see happen ^^^^^^. Each type of gametype should have its own individual rank...not just one all around rank. Breaking it down as Spade said is the way to go. Giving set types of playstyles and objectives, the things you get points for.

Like halo 2? :))))))))))))))))

You know what needs to come back with the rank system? The clan option. if the ranking system is done right, according to what Skittlez, Spade and myself have viewed and agreed upon, they could easily apply this to a special playlist for clans where teams of the clan can compete for a special ranked clan playlist. it would be like if XBConnect and Live had a ranked love child. What would be better then seeing clans of people facing off in ranked games? It would be like MLG for casual or gamers who just dont care to go that extra devoted step to MLG. It would please people who like teamwork and deserve teamwork ranks of high levels. It could be done easily and comfortably...given people would like it or use it.

To example this, the playlist would be this...

One team goes into the playlist. In the lobby before the server searches for players, the server checks to ensure every party member is on the same clan. Then, it searches for clans of equal rank and pairs them up...and viola! True ranked team play.

They then could go the extra step and have a playlist that coordinates with an event schedule. One clan challenges another a week from today. The opposing clan accepts, and if the clan doesn't show on the deadline of play, the team forfeits and the forfeit team loses rank experience points, and the team that showed up is given positive points.

Simple yet effective use of the clan system.

Again, like halo 2 had. Clans were AMAZING in halo 2. Unfortunately microsoft got really butt-hurt over people having (essentially) a second friend's list. *sigh*....

In halo 3 the xp just felt like hey thanks for playing heres something to make you feel like you actually did something

the only time i ever actually cared about xp was when i looked to see if a general was boosted or if they actually deserved their rank

most of the time i just look at highest rank to judge my oppenent and thought that the xp was too shallow

id rather have them bring back cr instead of xp because i feel that armor should be earned through achievments and then cr should be used to upgrade the different variants of armor that you already earned.

Halo 2s ranking system would be perfect. There is nothing wrong with having a true skill rank and playing in a tier you belong in. If my skill is above average then i should be playing people who are also above average. Reach really got this wrong and im hoping its rectified in H4

Forgive me if I am repeating anything that has already been posted or is something you have seen a million times elsewhere and is in your mind useless information, but I refuse (at 3:12am) to read through seven pages of posts...so here's my idea.

Personally I have always preferred the Halo 3 ranking system for several reasons; Firstly because I liked how it drove players to be more competitive and always made me want to play harder and better than before...being a rather competitive player little matters more than the drive to compete. Secondly the system was solid and you felt...something of a sense of accomplishment for having worked hard to reach a new "tier" in the system. Lastly because I never had the chance to properly play Halo 2 online...so I've never known anything better.

So my recommendation is this. Why not have it similar to the halo 3, in the sense that you had that 1-50 ranking system for the competitive types but also had that relaxed social version to each gametype to cater to those who enjoy playing those same gametypes ..but in a less competitive environment within the same playlists..and of course that playlist off to the side to accommodate those who like the more 'far out' games...though I have always said the one thing I never liked about the halo 3 system is that if you reached a level...then lost...you would lose that level and have to fight harder just to retrace your steps... now I have heard the arguments for this part of the system...but it is off putting and not always fair...there are a number of things in-game that could cause a person to lose the game... e.g. connection issues or (often in the case of halo 3) host booting, things like these whereby through no fault of the player their rank is decreased, and while you may argue that "if you really deserve it then....." I'm sure many of you know this...so I propose this...should this kind of system be used why not have it so that when you reach a level you do not go down if you lose...rather you maintain that level but it is only slightly difficult to level up...this way you don't get bs'd into a lesser rank and if you really deserve to level up...then you inevitably will.

Also...the one xp per game was also a huge bore...why not make it a bit different...like...xp given depending on performance....depending on something like Kills...a rating or something...or even K/D ratio

e.g.

0-10 Kills = 1xp

11-14 kills = 2xp

15-18 Kills = 2xp

18-20 Kills = 3xp

20+ Kills = 4xp

This idea might seem kind of lame...but I just wanted to contribute something to the discussion.

Anyway It seems though that from what I have read of most peoples posts...the older ranking systems are preferred...and I agree.

Halo 2 and 3 were alright but lets see it through the noobs eyes not the nerds eyes. The Reach system was a little stupid but it made noobs feel like they accomplished something. I was always a little low on self esteem and even suicidal plus I was terroble at halo 2 and 3 so in halo 2 and 3 when I ranked down I would always feel bad about myself. However Reach's ranking system made me feel good about myself. The average nerd would also cyberbully people due to their low skill and their K/D ratio. So I'm hoping it's somthing like the Reach ranking system.

P.S. Dont judge me. Depression runs in my family. It's not funny. My dad's cousin killed himself. :(

Halo 2 and 3 were alright but lets see it through the noobs eyes not the nerds eyes. The Reach system was a little stupid but it made noobs feel like they accomplished something. I was always a little low on self esteem and even suicidal plus I was terroble at halo 2 and 3 so in halo 2 and 3 when I ranked down I would always feel bad about myself. However Reach's ranking system made me feel good about myself. The average nerd would also cyberbully people due to their low skill and their K/D ratio. So I'm hoping it's somthing like the Reach ranking system.

P.S. Dont judge me. Depression runs in my family. It's not funny. My dad's cousin killed himself. :(

Okay but as you grow up you''ll realize its just a number in a game and that its something that you can get mad at for 10 minutes but should never affect your feeling outside the game for a long time. I know that when I was 13-14 years old and I did bad in a game of halo 2 and lost I would be furious. But think about it from the winning side, how good it felt when you won a real close game. Those intense emotions need to come back like they were in halo 2. This game is rated M anyways so looking back, I understand why 13 year olds shouldn't have been playing.

all the reach system did was reward you for how much you played

this is garbage because it shows how long youve been playing and not how good you are

at first i thought the arena sounded like a good idea but after two season i got sick of it

a rank should be worked at and earned but in reach you had a certain number of games to play and then you could be a platinum but i feel like a rank should be worked towards from the ground up

Personally, in my opinion, I think that the Halo Reach ranking system wasn't bad. I sort of liked it. And I saw people say stuff like "well, you get just as many credits if you lose than that of when you win" well actually, I've found that that isn't true. You actually get significantly less credits when you lose or don't do so well. Also, there are challenges for every day and every week, all based on skill and what you're capable of achieving. This boosts your credits, depending on if it's a daily or weekly challenge, boosts your credits a little, or quite a bit. I also read a previous suggestion that they should make different ranks for different playlists. And I must say, that is the best ranking idea I've ever heard. Overall, I think the rank system should, for one, have that idea of the ranks for different playlists, and I also think that they should keep the Halo Reach ranks, just increase the amount of credits you need to rank up. In my opinion, I think that would be the best way to go.

i want halo 2s ranking system, but just make sure the player is notified on their progress. I never knew when i was going to level on h3 it was so unpredictable. I was level 49 and couldnt get my 50 because my teamates were terrible half the time, so i would also suggest parties not to find just other parties, but randoms as well so i dont have to play with garbage just so i can play against it. Thank you

They should use the Halo Reach ranking system, but with a legitimate set of ranks like, for example, the USMC ranks or the US Navy ranks (since Spartans go by naval ranks). And don't cut any ranks out, either, that just sucks. And I know I'm starting to sound a bit picky here, but it would be pretty cool it there were a set of "Spartan School" achievements to get to the officer/warrant officer ranks.