Dear 343

LordOdisious757

Dear 343 Industries,

I have been an avid halo fan ever since CE hit the PC. However, with the new Title Update I am going to have to say goodbye to Halo Reach. The update has ruined the multiplayer gameplay that Reach offered. The changes to Armor Lock have effectively nullified that particular armor ability. The reduction in the bloom has nullified the trigger discipline that was required to effectively use a precision weapon or the human pistol.

If you felt the need to change the title to appease certain gamers, then you should have kept the Title Update in its own playlist or set of playlists. Instead you have forced this upon all the gamers that play Reach. Also, I believe that you are insulting Bungie by making such radical changes to a finished product. If this was a way to make your mark on the series as a whole, you will have your chance with the Forerunner trilogy.

As a loyal gamer to the Halo franchise, I ask you to either A. remove the Title Update and move it to its on separate playlist or B. Make a playlist without the Title Update for gamers that do not appreciate the changes.

Thank you for your consideration,

LordOdisious757

• Like 6

ok a number of things.

1. We are a fan site, not the official site, there is nothing we can do about it, but we are happy to post your rants /rages here and listen

2. HUGE amounts of people prefer the TU to current settings, and people are happy to play it, increase in people playing = win

3. you're the first person ive heard actully hate on the TU and want it rid of.

4. Don't use armor lock then? use Sprint or evade? something which is neutral.

5. Bungie made reach the not very popular game it is today, 343 just fixed it, so why remove it? they don't need to remove it, its perfect the way it is now (apart from ranking system)

6. Welcome.

The day they force TU content on every playlist they have is the day i leave and the Blam! engine for good. I can find other great sources of FPS contwnt than will cater to my needs better.

I'd really love to hear why you don't seem to like it, Reaper. Maybe you could make a topic on your thoughts about the TU, and why you don't seem to enjoy it? I'm honestly just pretty curious.

As far as I know it has only been applied in squad slayer, team objective and multi team (and ofcourse the TU and anniversary lists). so dont play any of these or avoid using armour lock.

I like the changes it took away the oh-god-Im-almost-dead-armour-lock-now! and let the shield recharge. It has been changed to a state were you can survive a few explosions and destroy vehicles for wich it should be used.

As far as I know it has only been applied in squad slayer, team objective and multi team (and ofcourse the TU and anniversary lists). so dont play any of these or avoid using armour lock.

I like the changes it took away the oh-god-Im-almost-dead-armour-lock-now! and let the shield recharge. It has been changed to a state were you can survive a few explosions and destroy vehicles for wich it should be used.

I've explained this before. IF YOU GO INTO ARMOR LOCK RIGHT BEFORE YOU DIE YOUR SHIELDS WILL NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO RECHARGE. IF YOU ARE NO SHIELD WHEN YOU GO INTO ARMOR LOCK YOU ARE NO SHIELD WHEN YOU COME OUT. unless you get your shields off then you get 3-4 seconds to hide then you go into armor lock then your shield will recharge while you are in armor lock.

Another bandwagon armor lock hater that doesnt know what hes talking about.

• Like 1

PORKDumplings, that's only how Armor Lock works in theory.

If it's used online, due to lag there's a few extra moments where the player appears to still be using the ability, so no other players can hurt them. For some reason, playing online also introduces a strange effect known as 'Frosting'. It's not known why this happens, but the effect is that for a few extra moments after they come out of Armor Lock the player is still completely invulnerable to damage.

If the player in question is the Host for the game or is just facing someone with a weaker connection, these two things make it entirely possible that by the time a player exits Armor Lock their shields will be back up, or at least recharging.

You've also overlooked the fact that if a player doesn't activate it instantly after they last took damage (just between DMR rounds, for example) then any time there counts towards the recharge cooldown. It's frustrating to have an Armor Ability which so effectively manipulates lag in online games.

I could go into great lengths why the TU erks me, but it would be a 5 page novel of poor grammar....which I am pretty sure no one here wants to read. Instead here is a list of things I hate about the TU. I make more re-posts about certain tech and mechanic points on why i hate them later if people want....

1. AA's. AA's are basic core components of the game and as such should not be tampered with.

2. Zero Bloom. Zero Bloom is effectively turning any scoped weapon into a zero error spamming machine. I dont like 5 variations of the BR in my games thanks.

3. Classic.....ok. Classic mode will never feel like Halo CE. No amount of tweaks to the engine or weapons will make it work right.

4. Forcing the TU accross all gametypes and maps regardless of playlist is drastically changing the playing field in which we already took a solid year to master. I said it before, if I wanted to playa title like halo 3 or 2, I would pop in the disc and play it. I play reach for basic core Reach

I'm too tired to go on, but as I said, I can site perfectly good mechanic and game engine data to support my opinions...so there it is.

• Like 1

i hate the TU changes for the same reasons twinreaper hates them....their are times and places for these changes....but not every playlist...armor lock might be OP in team slayer but its perfect for invasion..a nerfed AL in invasion is a useless armor lock....i play almost nothing but invasion because i like the idea of invasion. i like how its set up to unlock more vehicles and AA's as the battle progresses. its a flow that i think bungie tuned rather nicely...changing the abilities will break that flow... if they apply the title update to invasion then i will stop playing reach because i have gears of war 3 anyway. i garantee i wont buy halo 4. or any future halo titles as a matter of fact.

invasion is one of the only things about reach that keeps me going back for more. i just love the chaos an invasion map can provide and i strongly believe that a nerfed armor lock will remove a good chunk of said chaos and make invasion rather anemic.....and dont even get me started on zero bloom -.-....can anyone confirm to me if they applied the TU to invasion? if so i think im going to snap my reach disk in half and throw it in the garbage.....i have not played reach since the TU because anniversary and skyrim have consumed my time....but i did play the TU beta and i hated it thoroughly.

Personally i miss the days when there were scorpions on hemmorhage, where no one really knew what was going on, and it was just plain fun. If you are truly a halo fan, you appreciate the first form of the game. You appreciate the glitches. 343, i appreciate you are continuing the halo franchise, but reach wasnt any of your buisness to mess with. I have to give you credit for the defiant map pack, as well as the anniversary map pack, they were both beautiful and provided for great gameplay. But with the title update, the core soul of reach was destroyed. Also, when anniversary came out, there was no tribute to bungie, and i even couldn't find their name in the manual. Bungie invented halo, at least you can say thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok the solution to the armor lock would be don't use it or, if you dont **** others using it, a well placed frag or plasma grenade will get the job done. And for those who believe that there is a small duration whereafter they exit AL where their invincible, the lag or "frost" also applies to the things around said person... Meaning a plasma grenade would detonate an still kill them after their "frost" freezes over...

If you disagree then please tell me why, and don't be mean or anything..

All in all i agree the TU does lack any real improvment from before..

Regards,

Ashlynn

Ok the solution to the armor lock would be don't use it or, if you dont **** others using it, a well placed frag or plasma grenade will get the job done. And for those who believe that there is a small duration whereafter they exit AL where their invincible, the lag or "frost" also applies to the things around said person... Meaning a plasma grenade would detonate an still kill them after their "frost" freezes over...

If you disagree then please tell me why, and don't be mean or anything..

All in all i agree the TU does lack any real improvment from before..

Regards,

Ashlynn

Psssfffft! What would a girl know? lol! Good to see that you are jumping right into the trenches! AL is for ninnies, I agree, but the TU does offer some better flow to the game in my opinion. It was a response to players desires and seems to be well received. Just curious Ash, what game type do you play?

Psssfffft! What would a dog know!!! And I play team sniper, squad slayer, the occasional BTB, and a few others...

Ohhhh, I love Living Dead too!!! ;)

What game types do you play?

Regards,

Ashlynn

I play Snipes and Squad in Reach as well. BTB and Living Dead are not my thing. In Halo 3 it's Doubles, Slayer and Social Slayer if I am with friends. Sometimes the occasional Skirmish if the population is there. Maybe I will see you through the scope sometime! Enjoy the forums.