Site Poll 102: What Devices Will Halo Infinite Be On?

Yoshi1176

oAEBUiG.png

Hey guys! After a few days of looking for where I left it, here is Site Poll 102!

A quick recap of site poll 101, which was asking your opinion on what armor you want our boy the Master Chief to be rocking in Halo Infinite. It seems the mix of old and new is exactly the look you guys have been looking for. That being said, we should have a lot to look forward to in the upcoming Halo title.

​This weeks poll address not the game itself, but how we will be playing it.

The last year or so there has been a lot of buzz about whether or not Halo will ever really come to PC. There is word of a new console that may be announced this year, and a possible launch for 2020. That puts Infinite as a prime contender for a launch title. Will PC get Halo? Will Xbox One be left in the dust? 

What devices will Halo Infinite be on?

Additionally, you can give us your answer on our Twitter page!

Twitter: 343iCommunity

I look forward to your responses! 

Love, Yoshi

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well, with their announcement of Project X-Cloud, and confirmation that Infinite will be on Windows, I will say it will be on all mobile devices and Xbox consoles. So, literally everything minus the Switch, PS4/5, and Mac.

Edited by Mr Kittens
  • Like 1

Well if you saw the video the obvious thing stands out.....its a streaming service!  meaning you can't just download or install an app standalone and it is installed/played from THAT device.  it's just a farm of Xbox Ones in a server rack config, streaming out the games from it...to a device of your choice.  So...buying Halo for instance, will still require you to have a Live account, pay for the service, then pay for the game.....then depending on your data service with your device...pay for that.  ANYONE who thinks they are going to get a fantastic super amazing Halo expereince on a 4G/5G phone network...just needs to turn in their gamer card and hang themselves.

As for the whole "Windows" confirmed...no...it wasn't.  No where was it specifically written or stated "releasing for Windows PC".  It's going to be another case of the "stream it to PC via an app" BS scenario.  Microsoft will NEVER allow their #1 IP for selling hardware....to come to PC.  Need I remind you all about Halo 5 Forge for Windows?  They have absolutely no Live infrastructure for Windows at all...which is why we had no way to play anything outside private matches with "friends only".

Also..look at that video still.  It's clerly an Iphone that has been masked, with some stupid ass phone holder that gets connected to an Xbox One controller....that should be a dead give away of the absolute cluster **** going on over there.  if I see ANYONE with some stupid ass thing like that in public...I'mma dish out an ass whooping.

Edited by Twinreaper
  • Like 1

As for the whole "Windows" confirmed...no...it wasn't.  No where was it specifically written or stated "releasing for Windows PC".

It is literally stated in the Halo Infinite trailer description on youtube. Here is the description copy and pasted below.1 You can also read it for yourself on the actual video below: 

1 "The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise. Developed by 343 Industries and created with our new Slipspace Engine, Halo Infinite was revealed at the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing with a thrilling engine demo that provides a glimpse into the future of the Halo franchise, leading it into new and unexpected directions.

Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive."

Edited by Mr Kittens

^^ Your seriously gonna take a "Youtube" description as actual proof it will release fully (not lobotomized) on the PC?  I gotta bridge in London I'd like to sell you...

Ok, if you don't want to believe the description of the video, of the official YouTube channel of Halo, then take a look at this news article written by Chris Lee, the Studio Head of 343 Industries. He doesn't specifically mention Infinite being on windows, but he includes the official game engine demo announcement trailer for Halo Infinite on the official Xbox YouTube channel. On that video, the description, again, is literally the same, word by word. The only difference is that the first video I provided has 5 million views, where as the Official Xbox trailer has 1 million. They're both official. Lol.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/our-journey-begins

Edit: I would also like to show you a list of all games that are Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive.

Halo Wars 2

Forza Horizon 4

We Happy Few

Cup Head

Sea of Thieves

State of Decay 2

All of these games are Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusives. Meaning you can play them all on your windows 10 pc.

Also, here is an Xbox Wire recap article on E3 2018. It lists Halo Infinite as an Xbox One and Windows 10 Exclusive. If you don't believe Xbox, then I don't know what to tell you.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/06/10/xbox-e3-2018-briefing-recap/

Edited by Mr Kittens
  • Like 1