Story

trent1986

I would really like it to be reminiscent of Halo: CE where we are exploring Zeta Halo and we encounter the Flood. I wouldn't mind not having Covenant enemies so long as they aren't Promethean. I think Zeta Halo has a lot of story-telling potential and, if done properly, could tie in a lot of story threads relating to Mendicant Bias, Guilty Spark, and the Primordial.

• Like 2

It's tough to say, with the whole Cortana plot twist in Halo 5 leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I would personally like if they went with a storyline that explored the Forerunners and Precursors in more detail, and perhaps clear up whether this Cortana is truly the same Cortana we know, or just a fragment of what we once knew. I would love for the story to be an overall grey area, with tons of factions fighting it out. Perhaps even show the Insurrection for the first time in a Halo game, too.

On the downside, though, this would make the story lose focus. The story writer would have to add or remove elements depending on how it all flows.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought it was confirmed Evil Cortana was one of the rampant fragments that got blasted from Mantle's Approach.

Quote from 'Dominion Splinter': "Don't worry about me. I'm a fragment of what I once was. This splinter of me is no threat to you. Or to this place."
She makes contact with the Domain which is what allows the fragment to rebuild itself, but something built on a shaky base will topple.

I feel like this Halo game is going to be a lot more open ended in terms of gameplay. It will still be the FPS we know and love, but maybe have a lot bigger play areas on multiple maps and locale/planets. Maybe using Infinity as a home base you will have a galaxy map where you chose in which order to play them in/ where to go?

I hope it reunites a lot of the loose ends and side stories. Chief comes across Spirit of Fire. Gray Team is on the radio in one part. We see a Vulture shooting it out with some Banshees. All the side stuff in this one Infinite experience.

Probably be smart and don't trust the trailers this time people. 'Hunt The Truth'
They have never been game accurate so don't be angry when the aren't.

I'm hoping the Cortana plot is a bit in the background for this installment and they just go back to making the core experience fun again, leave some lore fragments to expand the universe about and just let us explore the Zeta Halo. No Prometheans, maybe a bit of Covenant just for old times sake and a minor flood outbreak or two would be a nice surprise. Keep things simple and let us enjoy being Master Chief.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...