How Much of Your Early Childhood Do You Remember?

Melody

Curious, I suppose this would be a less serious question.. however I can't remember anything below the age of 6. My mom told me that I had some medical issues around that time which is why I may have forgotten. I was curious if anyone here has some sort of suppressed childhood memories like I do.

• Like 3

I remember events (somewhat hazily), from when I was almost 3. I remember my third birthday, and a few weeks later when there was a new addition to the family. After that, I remember certain events or various assorted memories. I was in Kindergarten when 9/11 happened, and I remember that day vividly. There are many memories I have of events, people, or places that would have happened before I was five (people died, places closed, etc).

The things that stick with me more than just random memories are "special events." I can place myself in the location and the rough time frame, not to mention who was there or why we were there. I find them similar to how most people can place themselves in vivid detail during the assassination of JFK, Challenger, etc. 

• Like 1

I remember quite a bit, but I don't think there's anything that comes to mind before I was 4. I remember when I was told I was going to enroll in Kindergarden when I was 4. I remember watching Attack of the Clones on VHS in an apartment, and I also remember sitting in my mom's van while some guy was trying to rob it: a guy who came to the realization that I was in the car before bolting off. It was late at night, and we chased that guy around the town, but eventually lost him.

I also vividly remember running up some steps and smashing my left brow on the edge of one, enough to show bone in fact when I was 5 or 6. Didn't hurt at all, but I saw a pic taken like a week later and I had a humongous black scab on my eyebrow, but I was sitting there digging in the dirt with a dumb smile on my face.

One of the funniest things I don't remember is that one of my long-time school friends liked to constantly remind me that I used to call him "Dumpster Breath" before we became friends in Elementary School lol.

• Like 1

I remember quite a bit, but I don't think there's anything that comes to mind before I was 4. I remember when I was told I was going to enroll in Kindergarden when I was 4. I remember watching Attack of the Clones on VHS in an apartment, and I also remember sitting in my mom's van while some guy was trying to rob it: a guy who came to the realization that I was in the car before bolting off. It was late at night, and we chased that guy around the town, but eventually lost him.

I also vividly remember running up some steps and smashing my left brow on the edge of one, enough to show bone in fact when I was 5 or 6. Didn't hurt at all, but I saw a pic taken like a week later and I had a humongous black scab on my eyebrow, but I was sitting there digging in the dirt with a dumb smile on my face.

One of the funniest things I don't remember is that one of my long-time school friends liked to constantly remind me that I used to call him "Dumpster Breath" before we became friends in Elementary School lol.

Lol, that's awesome. I had some funny stories to tell growing up too, lol. Although, it's just bits and pieces of things nowadays.

• Like 1

Furthest back I can remember is when I was 5 (1983).  My mom made me a Pac-Man birthday cake and I stepped on a nail outside on our porch.  My father had to pull it out and it was in DEEP.  Other than that, I remember falling off my bike at 6, and scraping all the skin off my chin, you could actually see bone.  My mother panicked and took me to the hospital.  I did that again like 9 months later...at which point my mother just calmly grabbed her keys....let out a sigh....and took me back to the hospital.

Gotta love it when your shenannigans reach the point to which your parents are no longer surprised or shocked...and just mostly disappointed inside lmfao

• Like 3