Site Poll 95: The future of the Reclaimer Saga?

Ranger Intel

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with Site Poll 95.

Last week we talked about your favourite Spartan-IV, and one soldier came out on top by a mile. There were some competent rivals in Poll 94, such as Palmer and Buck, but Thorne was the community's favourite. It was great to see such a large response from users on Twitter, which more than made up for the underwhelming number of answers left on the site here. Click here to view the last poll, 94.

BHwjgp1.png

The future of the Reclaimer Saga?

Originally named "The Reclaimer Trilogy", the Reclaimer Saga is currently at a standstill, to the public eye at least. Halo 4 was beautiful. Five years after we last saw John, was great to have him back. Halo 5 wasn't as well received, by most of us, but it expanded well in the Campaign. We know very little about Infinite, next year will be a lot of information, that's guaranteed. The way things are at the moment though, Halo's future is not clear. It'll certainly clear up when we know more about Infinite, but for now, the Reclaimer saga's up in the air.

The name of this week's poll isn't clear, what I'm looking for is your thoughts on this saga. A big questions to be answered:

How many episodes will it include? Infinite would have been the last if it was a trilogy, but it's not. The thing is, due to its name, John-117 must be included. I can imagine the four installment being the last, as if Halo 5, Infinite, and the one after that are their own trilogy. It's really hard to speculate, and I personally don't care too much for speculation, I'm more eager for time to pass so we know what's happening. Something that's essential is how long the saga will be, what do you all think about that?

Things you could cover are how and when the saga will end. Would it be the final end? Will it be a long, but final saga? Would it ever be able to top the original trilogy?

Many things to be said here, go nuts.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Spartan out.       :yay:

• Like 4

They had something interesting going with Halo 4 and HuntTheTruth, but after Halo 5 came out the Reclaimer Saga became a raging dumpster fire. At this point I don't care about stupid arcs, and telling stories spanning multiple games: just give me a Halo game with a great story, and I'll stop complaining.

• Like 3

Oh boy.

How... how much detail are you wanting, exactly? I could write a lot on this.

I'm sure you can. As mentioned in the post, this is to be expected which such an open-ended poll, that's why I provided a few questions that can be answered more concisely. Up to you how much detail you want to give.

So much to cover in this poll, it's almost daunting. 

Firstly, the Reclaimer Saga being changed is an indicator that we will be going beyond a 6th game. Will it always be Chief? It doesn't have to be but it would be hard to appeal to the masses with anyone else. Remember when everyone thought Locke was being brought in to take over as the main character and that 343 wanted to do away with Chief? It didn't go so well even with Locke being a pretty good character. 

I would love to explore more locations and I'm sure we're heading in that direction since it seems Halo Infinite is giving hints that it could be open to exploration of a certain part of Zeta Halo. We can't be choosing between a good multiplayer and a good campaign anymore. Video games are difficult to make and I get that, but it's time to deliver. People are saying what they want, it's just time to make it happen.

• Like 2

I've loved Halo since I was a kid, but I think all stories must come to an end or else they lose their meaning. I'd hate to see the series become a soap opera, a tale that never ends for some reason. As a story-driven series, Halo deserves an epic finale and the Chief deserves to go out like the hero he truly is. They could make as many spinoff games as they want, exploring new locations and different time periods in the Halo universe, but the Chief's story arc must end somewhere. Along the way to that ending, however, I just want the story to be good, the gameplay to be fun, and the microtransactions dead in a hole.

As for the actual questions, here's what I'm predicting:

Number of episodes in the Reclaimer Saga? 4. Four episodes in this saga would mean the Chief has appeared in 7 games... and the number 7 has appeared throughout the series in many forms. It would only be fitting for his story to end in Halo 7.

Final ending? From an artistic perspective, I sure hope so. But from a business perspective, probably not. The Halo franchise is worth billions, so Microsoft won't let it die unless it's no longer profitable.

Surpass the original trilogy? Unless they can repair the damage from Halo 5, hell no.

• Like 2

When it comes to discussing how many games or episodes or how long we'll be in the Reclaimer Saga, Grim had this to say: "Probably the safest thing is to not really be thinking of it in any '__ Saga' terms anymore. Just more Halo :-)" on Twitter.

So it seems plans have changed and we aren't looking at different story arcs but rather one long story and universe that is Halo :D

• Like 1