Weapons in Halo Infinite

Sikslik7

There's no telling how this game will go, who the enemies will be, etc. I want my classic weapons of course like the base UNSC set but for returning weapons I think I'd appreciate the Railgun making a return. It's strong, accurate, overall highly effective against most enemies except maybe the Flood. I'll take just a base Railgun. I actually hope they do away with the REQ variants of weapons. 

• Like 2

There's no telling how this game will go, who the enemies will be, etc. I want my classic weapons of course like the base UNSC set but for returning weapons I think I'd appreciate the Railgun making a return. It's strong, accurate, overall highly effective against most enemies except maybe the Flood. I'll take just a base Railgun. I actually hope they do away with the REQ variants of weapons. 

I appreciated the idea of the req variants, but I also agree I think they should go away. That being said, no way 343 is just going to abandon that idea after the insane amount of money they made off of selling req packs and the fact that Warzone is dependent on those. I hope that they just keep it for Warzone and nothing else, they went more competitive with Halo 5 arena so hopefully that continues and they keep arena more vanilla.

Weapons I'd like to see:

• Boltshot (Halo 4)
  • Plasma launcher
  • Halo 5's magnum

I don't want the grenade launcher in Halo Infinite, it is awful and I hate it.

• Like 1

ALL of the weapons. Everyone is here.

I'm sick if them removing weapons like some of them are so bad that it needed to happen, especially when Warzone's like "Lol, nobody gives a **** if your weapon is OP, there's literally 100 more just like it". And yes, this even applies to the crappy Focus Rifle from Reach that I hated and STILL hate with a passion.

But if they do remove weapons you know damn well they'll make DLC for them later, which is still infuriating.

• Like 1

ALL of the weapons. Everyone is here.

I have to agree here. I want all the weapons to come back

I like what they did with REQ weapons too. I just hate the REQ system.

I also would love them to see some of the weapons from Halo Online become official

• Like 1

I want the Halo Reach Concussion Rifle. Every single enemy and ally should have one. Make it Halo: Infinite Concussion Rifles.

I don't see a reason for Reach-exclusive weapons to come back because the Covenant Armory would be in shambles at this point. But I'd like to see the Concussion Rifle, Plasma Launcher, Needle Rifle, and the classic Plasma Rifle make their triumphant returns. I'd also like to see Promethean weapons have different coloured bolts so you can tell which Promethean has which weapon you're being hit with. The power weapons and Light Rifles are easily identifiable, but Boltshot and Suppressor rounds are almost indistinguishable. Sentinel Beams would be pretty rad.

As for human weapons, I do not want to see the Sticky Detonator. It was useless and could easily be replaced with proximity mines.

• Like 2

I want the Halo Reach Concussion Rifle. Every single enemy and ally should have one. Make it Halo: Infinite Concussion Rifles.

I don't see a reason for Reach-exclusive weapons to come back because the Covenant Armory would be in shambles at this point. But I'd like to see the Concussion Rifle, Plasma Launcher, Needle Rifle, and the classic Plasma Rifle make their triumphant returns. I'd also like to see Promethean weapons have different coloured bolts so you can tell which Promethean has which weapon you're being hit with. The power weapons and Light Rifles are easily identifiable, but Boltshot and Suppressor rounds are almost indistinguishable. Sentinel Beams would be pretty rad.

As for human weapons, I do not want to see the Sticky Detonator. It was useless and could easily be replaced with proximity mines.

Covenant armories are actually not doing terribly since most of them were on homeworlds of Covenant species which didn't get hit in the war. So I think these weapons are very much in circulation in 2560!

Honestly the simple answer to this is to include everything. The game is called Halo Infinite, so go big with it. Sure, weapon balancing in the sandbox will be a pain in the hide to do, but it would still beneifit the entire playerbase by giving them such a large and strong selection from every armory from every game. If anything, restrictions would and should be placed in competitive playlists (because they hate fun) in order to keep it fair and to keep Comp balancing small.

Just put in everything.

EVERYTHING.

• Like 2

If 343 wanted to make a good move, they'd include every weapon from previous Halo titles in multiplayer and Forge at least. If they don't make sense in the Campaign then that's totally understandable but give me back the Sticky Detonator!

Lol I forgot about the sticky detonator. Definitely a fun weapon, I wouldn't go as far as to say practical but it was fun.

• 1 month later...