Site Poll 92: What's your favourite naval vessel?

Ranger Intel

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with Site Poll 92.

Last week we talked about whether we could have defeated the Covenant without the Great Schism occurring, and the clear outcome was that it would not have been possible. Community members Drizzy_Dan and RedStarRocket91 took the stage with some great detailed responsesClick here to view the last poll, 91.

maxresdefault.jpg

What's your favourite naval vessel?

Infinity. Pious Inquisitor. In Amber Clad. Enduring Conviction. These are only a few names of some of the most impressive vessels ever built. Each one of these beauties has its own story. Each its own history. Its own kill count. Crew. Adventures. Tech. Weaponry. This week I want to ask you, which ship is your favourite? Be it Covenant or UNSC, there are many legendary ships to choose from, which do you like most?

And hey, no funny answers, I don't wanna see any watercraft showing up here. UNSC and Covenant spacecraft only, Forerunners will have to sit this one out I'm afraid.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Spartan out.    :yay:

• Like 3

USSZumwalt+ArrivesSD120716.jpg

Surriously tho, ma fav is the UNSC Albatross cus literally nobody knows what the hell it is:

Albatross1.jpg

Albatross5.jpg

I was expecting at least one Zumwalt or Arleigh Burke to show up...

Nice one with the Albatross, but I'm referring to ships in the UNSC Navy or the Covenant fleet here. Could be as small as a prowler, or as large as a carrier, dropships such as the Albatross don't count though.

• Like 1

My favorite ship from the lore is the UNSC Everest, a Valiant-class Super-Heavy Cruiser and the personal flagship of Admiral Preston J. Cole. We've actually modeled the ship for Sins of the Prophets, I'll include a link to an image of it and the 3D asset below, if someone on the mod team has an issue with it, please let me know and I'll remove them.

VALCOMP2.jpg

If you'd like to give the ship a more physical look here is a link to the Sketchfab model.

https://sketchfab.com/models/f7089623a569454cb17b6e9c2158d8af

• Like 3

My favorite ship from the lore is the UNSC Everest, a Valiant-class Super-Heavy Cruiser and the personal flagship of Admiral Preston J. Cole. We've actually modeled the ship for Sins of the Prophets, I'll include a link to an image of it and the 3D asset below, if someone on the mod team has an issue with it, please let me know and I'll remove them.

If you'd like to give the ship a more physical look here is a link to the Sketchfab model.

https://sketchfab.com/models/f7089623a569454cb17b6e9c2158d8af

Beautiful work. I gotta admit, I'm very novice when it comes to ships. I thought that was a Halcyon class because it appeared similar to the Pillar of Autumn class to me.  :unknw:

• Like 2

I was expecting at least one Zumwalt or Arleigh Burke to show up...

Nice one with the Albatross, but I'm referring to ships in the UNSC Navy or the Covenant fleet here. Could be as small as a prowler, or as large as a carrier, dropships such as the Albatross don't count though.

Nu uh, a ship's a ship yo. If I had a Navy the entire fleet would be Albatrossi.

• Like 3

Please stop making these so difficult lol. I'm torn between the Shadow of Intent and the UNSC Infinity. 

But since Drizzy already claimed the Shadow my vote is for the Infinity. Yeah, I know it's cheesy and kinda cliched. But it has my vote for what it represents; The culmination of human achievement, as the E3 trailer put it. 

• Like 3

Not really my favorite, but definitely worth a mention is the UNSC Cradle.

If you've read the Fall of Reach series you know it as the flat repair station/ship that sacrificed itself and all the members win board from covenant attack by acting as a shield.

The ship itself isn't impressive, but what it did, and the whole naval battle that it was involved in really stuck out to me for some reason.

• Like 4

Not really my favorite, but definitely worth a mention is the UNSC Cradle.

If you've read the Fall of Reach series you know it as the flat repair station/ship that sacrificed itself and all the members win board from covenant attack by acting as a shield.

The ship itself isn't impressive, but what it did, and the whole naval battle that it was involved in really stuck out to me for some reason.

This is an excellent choice 

• Like 2