Size Matters

343 you should keep orking on making last Halo MCC update more digestible in terms of size. Base game is taking up 65 Gigs and now it is aditional 73 Gigs to download. It's insine Both Halo and Xbox are international brands. Devoloper should consider that there still are places (in my case Poland) when this download size would take a tremendous amount of time and/or bandwidth to download. On top of that I would have to remove 3 or 4 games just to fit an update. Right now I had to stop playing game all together due to the fact that the size of update is too much for me. Hope it jis not permanent stop.

And I mean regular XBoX One. Not even S model. I cant imagine the update size for model X

• Like 2

The update is the same size no matter which console you have.  You download the xbox one x enhancements, but just cannot use them.
Also, the additional 73 Gigs to download completely replaces the original 65 Gigs that it is now.

They basically re-wrote the whole game, so the update replaces what you have.

I'm not sure if you own the digital version or the disc version.  But now the disc basically just operates as your 'license' to play.

While 73 Gigs is still pretty big, I know, you won't have to keep downloading huge patches in the future.  The new intelligent delivery feature was the reason it had to be so parceled out and huge.

Its still pain in the ass if you ask my. My regular internet conection is like 5MB. I know its so 2001 but the infrastructure in my  neighborhood do not allowd for more and I'm not living alone so i'm shering in with bunch of other stuff (like netflix or normal browsing by family members) . And fast LTE connection for me now its only 20 Gigs per month.. In novembere I'm hoping to complitty switch to LTE (unlimited this time) so maybe then.

Also xbox one x enhancements are not meant in any way for basix XboX one so I shouldn't b force to download it

I might by usfull,

After I get pass the point when update allowed my to lunch the game menu (around 3 Gigs) I was able get to instaliation customisation options. I'm not a multiplayer person at all and Halo MCC is story only for me. So by unchecking multiplayer compenents in all for games I was able to cut the size of the update foro 73 to around 53 Gigs. It's still a lot but for my conection 20 Gigs it's a huge difference

Edit: I did not noticed that update is instaling Halo ODST. It is installing in dispite it's not a free add on and I don't have it. It have a padlock on so it have tu be unlock by purchesing. Im not planing to buy it any time sone I uncheck it. I was uble to cut whole think to 45 Gigs

^^ Welcome to the era of digital gaming.  As for size cutting, they are not going to cut the size of the download, hence the reason you are given options to install only the content you want.  I'm not sure what you were expecting, but games have grown in size consciderably over the past 2 decades.  You cant expect a publisher or developer to make special downloading just for a handful of gamers who do not have a stable FiOS or standard Cable Internet connection.  Who the hell games on a 2G connection?!?

^^ Welcome to the era of digital gaming.  As for size cutting, they are not going to cut the size of the download, hence the reason you are given options to install only the content you want.  I'm not sure what you were expecting, but games have grown in size consciderably over the past 2 decades.  You cant expect a publisher or developer to make special downloading just for a handful of gamers who do not have a stable FiOS or standard Cable Internet connection.  Who the hell games on a 2G connection?!?

That why i'm sticking to disc games for now. But when I'm forced to download wholl game dispide having it on disc IT IS LAZY WORK

What did you expect them to do for MCC?  Release a whole new set of 3 discs to everyone who bought the game?  That isn't feesable nor within the relm of possibility.  I can tell you first hand from knowing one of the lead members of the 343 team who is working on MCC, that there is not a way to incorporate any stable fixes without adjustments to the source code.

Bruh, chill the heck out.

The download says 70GB, but it literally replaces the whole infrastructure. The UI, the Menus, the Servers, LAN Support, etc. It's replacing a lot of bad crap with good crap to make the game run smoother and better.

Also, you don't HAVE to install the entire game. If there's a game you don't want, uninstall it. 

Not a fan of Halo 4? Uninstall it.

Not a fan of Halo 3? Uninstall it.

This is just one of the many major updates. So expect your HDD to take more space.

But alas, you're complaining about FIVE HALO GAMES being too big. Dude, chill out. That's actually amazing. Each games about 15 GB. Which is really cool. That's Multiplayer AND Campaign at 60FPS with Blur Cutscenes for Halo 2 and upgraded graphics on Combat Evolved. 

Honestly don't know why you're complaining. Halo 5 is one game, and it's almost 100GB.