How Do You Feel About The Future of Halo? (Quick Poll)

Melody

The Future of Halo  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Halo's future?

• I think it will grow and expand
    • I think we will see steady improvement, but there's still time to tell.
    • I think Halo will decline further, unfortunately.

I think it's far too early in 343's journey to decide the course of the series. I really think that Halo: Infinite could be the turning point, hopefully, for the better. What do you think, Melody? 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Infinite turns the Halo series around for the better, I have higher hopes for this game than I did for Halo 5. Certainly hope I'm not disappointed but 343 seems to be catering towards the older fan-base which, in turn can be a wonderful thing, and also a terrible thing; here's why.

If the newer fan-base grown attached to spartan abilities and the newer-old 343 art style then naturally they might reject Infinite, this is something that scares me.. Our current fan-base for Halo has been dwindling for years now, I fear if 343 doesn't deliver this time I feel as though a good chunk of the community will lose hope.. and honestly nobody wants that.

I do have hope in 343 this time around however, Halo needs to go back to it's roots very badly. It's something the older community has been craving for a while now, in addition to a PC port (which was confirmed by Micro$oft already)

I think it has potential but again, like you said H6F, only time will tell. ^_^

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm curious to see what happens. I'm optimistic that things will continue to expand and that the community will be revived. I know we haven't seen or heard anything about Halo Infinite other than the E3 trailer but I'm already thinking about what comes after that. When Bungie had released Halo 3, they had promised Microsoft two more Halo games. It was a few years later that we got Halo ODST and Halo Reach. Is 343 Industries in a similar position?  I can't help but wonder. 

• Like 1

I have some faith that 343 will deliver us a fun new adventure in Halo Infinite and future titles but the track record has not been good. Especially after MCC got fixed and people are remembering how good the older Halos really were. Don't get me wrong, I like the evolved movement and Halo 5 is my second favorite multiplayer but I believe it to be in their best interest to take a step back. No one wants to go backwards when talking about growth but it's becoming more and more apparent in my opinion that this is what they should do. I don't think a complete devolution to classic Halo style is in order but something along the lines of the Halo 3 Classic playlist. Maybe leave Sprint, Thruster, and Spartan Abilities in the Campaign. 

• Like 1