Site Poll 85: What's your favourite multiplayer playlist, ever?

Ranger Intel

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with site poll #85.

Last week we talked about whether you wanted the REQ system to return in Halo Infinite's multiplayer or not, and we got a few mixed responses. Some of you thought it was 'repulsive', some thought it was just fine and should return, others thought it needed improvement but isn't a bad idea. We had a lot of great, detailed posts. Click here to view the last poll, #84.

5906550130_966a57d4da.jpg

What's your favourite multiplayer playlist, ever?

I got the idea for this poll when Invasion was brought up during discussion in our Discord server, which you should join if you haven't yet. Invasion. A classic from Halo: Reach which revolutionised Halo matchmaking. It's like the Infection of it's time. Halo was leading the video game industry for many reasons, one of which is it's unique matchmaking playlists it has on offer. Invasion, Infection, Grifball. You catch my drift.

Whether it's classic Slayer, larger-scale BTB, or high-adrenaline SWAT, I'm sure many of you have a favourite game mode, what is it?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Spartan out.    :yay:

• Like 4

Infection. Except Ghostbusters, the mode with the Focus Rifles. That's the worst Infection gametype.

Honorary mentions:

• Objective modes like CTF, Oddball, KOTH. Unfortunately, everyone and their mother thinks these modes are the Dollar-Brand Slayer, and never get the ******* objective. Go play Slayer you idiots!
  • Action Sack, specifically for Husky Raid. I think in all of Halo, Husky Raid is my fav gametype. Unfortunately though, it never got its own playlist.
  • Like 6

Hmm... If I had to pick just one playlist I never get tired of, it would probably be Super Fiesta. Having random primary and secondary rolls always makes me look forward to dying more often than not, just so I can have a chance at the ultimate combo... Fuel Rod & Binary Rifle. (For me anyways) The Fuel Rod destroys in close quarters/mid range and the binary rifle melts at anything past that. The Halo 4 Binary was way more lethal but even after its nerf in Halo 5 its still a beast. Plus, paired with any close quarters map.... Talk about stressful. The good kind I mean. A close second would have to be BTB, I havent played much of it in Halo 5 but in Halo 3, Reach, and 4 it was my definite go to game mode if Fiesta wasnt in the playlists that week. (Also..... Infection)

• Like 3

Action Sack (Reach): My favorite playlist.  Games like Hocley and Mini Golf were just the best fun time you could possibly have.

Grifball (Reach): Grifball in reach was always unpredicatble given the loadouts of the match.  Some of the absolute best ones was with the jump pack.  It took the game to whole nother level!

Reach overall was the only Halo I played where I liked every single playlist except for the basic Slayer and CTF ones.

• Like 3

There's a few I've really liked over the years. I was a big fan of the social slayer playlist back in Halo 3, as team deathmatch is always fun and it was nice to be able to just play it without the usual stress of the ranked playlist. In fact, most of Halo 3's social playlists were a lot of fun: big team objective matches are some of the best things in Halo, and Halo 3's maps were perfect for them.

Beyond that, I had a surprising fondness for the Dominion playlist in Halo 4, for so long as it lasted. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did, but it's probably my favourite of Halo 4's game modes, and I was really sad when it died off. I'd have loved to see it make a return in Halo 5: I get that Warzone is sort of the spiritual successor to it, but I'm not really a fan of Warzone. Would love to see it come back for Infinite!

• Like 4

For some of the more lighthearted fun game modes, probably some of the Action Sack modes, those were really fun both in Reach and Halo 3. Slayer was a lot of fun too if you just wanna get into some killing without the headache of worrying about a bad team preventing you from having fun (yeah a bad team can prevent you from winning, but not from getting a lot of kill points which is always satisfying regardless of whether you win or lose). I was a huge fan of Team Snipers as well, especially when it was a map like Blood Gulch (or whatever the remake was in Reach) or Ragnarok/Valhalla.

For objective based game modes I was a fan of Dominion. I like the defensive aspect of it, like the automated turrets which weren't overpowered but could still help out. That and they were easy to destroy so they never felt game breaking. Of all playlists I'd like to return though, by far it'd have to be Invasion. I can't say I was a huge fan of Halo Reach because most of the weapons felt kinda clunky, but I would LOVE for Invasion to come back.

• Like 3