Site Poll 78: What's your favourite vehicle?

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with site poll #78.

Last week's poll was about your favourite character. There weren't many answers, but Jack of Harts and I_Make_Big_Boom had great choices and it was nice reading their reasoning for their chosen characters. Click here to view the last poll, #77.

maxresdefault.jpg

What's your favourite vehicle?

From Halo: CE all the way through to Halo 5, there are many vehicles to destroy your enemies with. Besides of course the forklift, which won't be an option because of how obviously overpowered it is, what's your favourite vehicle? This includes UNSC, Promethean and Covenant (all factions) vehicles only. Vehicles from FPS games only are allowed, as these are the only ones you can "experience first hand", that means no Halo Wars/Spartan Assault+Strike-exclusive vehicles count.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Spartan out.    :yay:

• Like 3

I'll go on about multiple of my favorite things because I just can't decide on one. In no particular order:

- Revenant:

It's a whimsical little piece of crap. It's basically a mini Wraith, but without the downsides, and is very versatile. The only thing I think it lacks is turning speed, and firepower. Also, I think it was pretty broken in relation to the other vehicles.

- Gauss Warthog:

I haven't actually had any major experience with the Gauss Hog until I got into ElDewrito Version 0.6 in April. Like, I knew it was pretty powerful before, but the ElDewrito version is just too OP. It utterly wrecks everything, and is my go-to vehicle in Infection modes (me being the gunner primarily since I don't want potentially bad ping to sabotage my driving). If you're going solo, then of course the Gauss Hog is useless, but it becomes a terror of the battlefield when leveraging a squad. Also, you gotta be kinda precise when firing the thing, and missing can be a fatal error since there's a cooldown.

- Elephant

My favorite new feature of Halo 3 has to be the Elephant. It's just a weird concept: a slow af moving base that originally was only available in Sandtrap, but has since become a spawnable vehicle in ElDewrito. Unfortunately, the Elephant in this capacity has only appeared in Halo 3, and I haven't had much online MP experience with the vehicle, since the Halo 3 era was before my time. So naturally, it's because of ElDewrito that my love for the vehicle has finally come to fruition, like how it did for the Gauss Warthog. The Elephant is so unbelievably harebrained, and useless at first glance, but when you've actually got a good team it could become a force to be reckoned with.

- Mammoth

The Mammoth only appears in 1 mainline Halo game within Halo 4's Campaign, and only for 1 mission. You spend allot of the mission riding it, and trying not to die, and that's it. It's basically a Super Elephant: it's huge af, has a huge vehicle bay, is armed to the teeth, and riding it empowers you. It's a neat concept that unfortunately only appears in 1 Campaign mission. It needs to come back.

Honorary vehicle just cus:

- Vulture

I only played Halo Wars 1, and thought it was an okay experience. I didn't walk away super impressed, but one thing stood out to me: the freaking Vulture. It may not be the best Unit in the game, but it's so ******* cool how it comes lumbering in, and unloads all it's got to overkill anything. It's over the top, and I love it.

• Like 3

I've always had a soft spot for the Warthog, just from a design perspective. Its the most wonderfully utilitarian thing in the game - it's fast, reasonably durable, hits hard against infantry, and can carry an objective. But the most important part is, everyone who rides in it has something important to do: it's not like the Scorpion where the turret gunner is just there as window dressing. Without a driver, the Warthog is just a turret; without a gunner, it's just target; without an objective carrier, you're reduced to just plinking away inaccurately with small arms, far less effective than you would be on foot. The Warthog has one job, and it does it extremely well, and for that reason I'd hold it up as one of my favourite vehicles just from a design perspective.

In terms of what I like driving just personally, I have to say the Chopper. It's big, it's inaccurate, and it's frankly pretty clumsy to use, but you don't use it for any of that - if you want a small, nimble gun carriage, grab a Ghost and you'll be far happier. No, you choose the Chopper because ramming things is really coolHalo 3 in particular had much more of a focus on up-close, personal combat than the other games, and the Chopper fits that perfectly. Aiming your attack run just right, popping the boost at just the right moment, and watching enemy vehicles or soldiers just smashed to pieces in front of you is an incredibly satisfying feeling, and one which never gets old.

Lastly, an honourable mention to the Elephant, which is my favourite just because of how much it adds to any gametype you put it in. Having a completely mobile base isn't just fun by itself, but also because of how many combat options it opens up - do you want to retreat to a defensive position, to give yourself as much time as possible to deal with enemy assaults? Do you want to drive it forward to support a push towards a power position on the map, using its guns and respawns to secure a vehicle or weapon spawn, or just deny it safely to the enemy, or do you ant to take the riskier option of getting right up against the enemy's Elephant, trading map control and security for a fast-paced, close-range brawl? The Elephant is absolutely unique for what it adds to Halo, and I'd absolutely love to see it make a return in Halo 6!

• Like 2

I like the Spectre. For all intents and purposes, it fills the same role as the Warthog, only it's more maneuverable and can carry an extra passenger. Its campaign debut is really cool; you get to mow down all the Flood in your way and trash Sentinels and Enforcers, and you could give your Elites in the passenger seats Rocket Launchers to greatly boost your firepower, all while listening to some sick guitar riffs.

• Like 3