Big #6 "Biggles Style" Community, Pressure, Don't Crack!

Mr Biggles

Just come back from a trip, and i feel really ill so i will try and make this the best i can, but im sorry if the quality has dropped, so lets begin!

1. Importance Of Halo Community Life

There are a number of reasons why the community is important, i will list them not in importance, but just as facts which can help the community.

1. The community is a great way of improving as a player, because if you try and send them a play across (especially on this site), they will try and comment on it and improve on certain situations, like positioning, DMR shots, etc. The community can be your 5th player in a game, because, they can be so reassuring and helpful, and can improve you quickly.

2. Community will allow you to play with people you wouldn't usually play with, and who come from a different background, so they may play MLG more, or team snipers, or team objective, you can see where im coming from, basically, everyone can teach you different things about different playlists, and how they work and how you can improve onthem.

3. Community is so welcoming (well here they are), that, because they are friendly, you will feel instantly right and be so welcome, so, i totally recommend community because they are nice, helpful & always willing.

2. Momentum - How It Swings A Game

Momentum is important in every situation, it is important anywhere, if you have momentum, you can do anything you want too, this also applies to online video games, including halo.

Momentum is important because if you are in a game, and you do an absolutly AMAZING play and gain momentum, your shots just seem to be more on target and you can change a game, because, also, your team feeds off of that momentum and begins to play better, so even if your team is terrible, you are still more and more likely to win the game because of that momentum, and hence, that's why a game is never over until the fat lady sings. Imagine losing a slayer game, but, you get a sick snipe and you go mad, well, you will gain that crucial confidence and do things you wouldn't normally do, but actully this time just pull it off.

Momentum is vital, it changes how a whole game is played altogether, and your opponents will be frightened of you if you gain that confidence.

3. Attitude Gets You a LONG way

There is a HUGE difference and a HUGE amount of respect between having a good & bad attitude.

Having a good attitude gets you a long way because, you gain respect from everyone and then people are willing to give you better ideas, and, you will be accepted by so many more people as a decent guy and will be respected by practially everyone, as such, you will feel like a much better person and will be more respected and will want to keep being nice for a good reason.

A Bad attitude is the very opposite, no one will like you and no one will be willing to help you because you will just be horrible to them, also, you will feel bad because you have done terrible things and chatted so much s*** to people that they just won't care and you seem ignorant.

How does this affect halo? well this will depend who will want to play with you and how good you may be as a player, because no one will want to watch your plays and help you improve, so you will keep making the same mistakes again and again and won't learn, also, no one will want to communicate or be your friend, even if they are better then you, because again, you are just mean to them and they won't like you.

4. Halo and how it can affect your personal life

Halo has been a huge part of my life, mostly because i have played it so much and have learned so much off of it, Halo is a bit of a personal thing to me, because, it has taught me some real life lessons, like, don't judge people if you don't really know them, like in real life, you may stereotype someone as a bit of a nerd and a bit of a loser, but if you get to know them, they are really cool people, this is similar to halo because someone on halo may again really seem loud, but, when you speak to them, they are quite civilised and nice people and are just trying to have a laugh and have some "banter."

Another thing is that it has, matured me quite a bit, because, i used to be very loud and things, now im quite a quiet person who doesn't really talk much, that's how it is on halo too, i don't really like talking on halo, so i keep my mic out, and that kind of reflects how you are in real life, im not saying again, no stereotyping, but the way you are on xbox kind of reflects how you are in real life, i know, it may seem hypocritcial, but, people assume that's what your like in real life if you are like it on xbox.

I don't know whether this is just me, but, the more i played halo, the more it began to get on my mind and i decided to think about how i could improve and make my shot better (from halo 2), so halo does begin to creep on your mind a bit if you begin to play it constantly, you just think about what type of player you are, and how you can improve, im not saying, its you whole personal life, its just that it does affect some aspects.

5. How not to Choke Under Pressure (49-49)

Team slayer asylum, 49 - 49, both having snipers, what do you do? well, first of all you listen to what your teammates are saying and if they see a guy, get them to call him out so you can try and find him, but don't stick yourself out too far and get yourself killed, because then obviously you will be hated.

Always watch for powerups and other things, cause if the other team gets them, they will most likely move into your base and kill you, since they know they have an advantage, just watch it with your DMR or sniper and make sure you don't let them pick it up, and try and get it yourself.

Don't try and be a sneaky beaver, because 9/10 times you will get caught out and lose the game, as i said earlier, stay back and try and just keep control of your base as this is vital.

i think this video would be a much better way of explaining it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu3LA5Woq_k

It shows how pros react to a 49-49 situation and how they know what to do, they do it much better then i ever could.

If you follow these tips and watch that video, if you're ever in that situation, you will know what to do, just, don't be hasty and push up, otherwise, you will lose the game.

I hope you enjoyed this entry, this wasn't my finest work because i was distracted and ill, but, i tried my best.

In entry 7 i will talk about:

Grenades

Spamming or Pacing?

Vehicle Use, how to use effectively.

What weapons are useful for what.

Jumping Effectiveness.

Thanks for reading! :D

• Like 2