Should 343 Consider Adding Halo: Reach To MCC?

halomcc.png

Hello ladies and gentlemen, for I am Melody your loyal champion of the halo threads that are somewhat interesting and random.

MCC will be getting a massive update in the upcoming months, if you are curious as to what is being updated and reworked check it out here on waypoint.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-3

So my question for all of you lovelies today is.... do you think Halo: Reach should be added to the MCC?

As always rock on 343i CF ^_^

Edited by Melody
  • Like 3

I don't think it will be - and to be honest, I suspect that throwing yet another engine into the mess that is the MCC, will only make things even less stable.

But I'd absolutely love it to be added. With the addition of ODST, we've sort of dropped the pretence of it being a purely Chief-focused collection - and of course, you could always make the argument that since he does technically appear at the very end, if you use the camera trick, Reach should be included anyway. For all I have a lot of criticisms of Reach, particularly multiplayer, the campaign was generally pretty strong, and firefight was excellent. To be honest, the firefight alone would be enough to get me to buy a current-gen version of it, since I always really enjoyed it.

Plus, I'd love to see it at proper, modern graphical fidelity. While I appreciate the art style a bit better now, Reach always felt like quite an ugly game, and due to the combination of that hideous motion blur and low framerate, plus the low resolution and poor antialiasing, even going back to it now it still isn't a pretty game. Getting it integrated into the MCC with the motion blur off, the framerate and resolution raised to modern standards, and maybe even a few of the subtle lighting tweaks we got with Halo 3, would really help beautify the game. Given the high quality of its texture and polygon work, too, it might even feel like a natural part of the current generation, as the engine for the most part has also held up fairly well.

• Like 2

Honestly.... It would be great for it to be ported properly to the Xbox One platform and everything, and to play it in full 1080p and 60fps would really be neat, but I feel like the 360 population would drop a lot and in turn kill the game even more. Not everyone owns an Xbone yet and even less people play MCC matchmaking than Reach multiplayer (Im assuming this because finding a game in any multiplayer playlist takes a while, and since there isnt a live player count I can only assume its less than 5,000 which is what Reach's average is). But I may be completely wrong. I doubt theyll give it the whole Halo 2 makeover, but if they did decide to add it to the MCC (In the same way they added ODST) I would probably end up playing it just for the achievements, because getting all my custom content over to the Xbone would be a huuuuge pain in the ass. Thats why if I ever want to play some Reach, I get on my 360. I do like how its backwards compatible but like I said before, getting all my custom files over is difficult. Plus, my blue flames/legendary edition DLC for some reason didnt transfer, like I cant find out how to download them because on the marketplace it says content is unavailable...

• Like 2

Doesn't even make sense.

I don't even understand why Halo 3: ODST is in there.

It was titled as "Master Chief Collection" because it was a port-collection of all games starring Master Chief ONLY.

Well, ODST is in there because it was basically an extension of Halo 3 anyway, and so most of the hard work in porting the engine had probably already been done.

Plus, the case can be made that the Reach should be included on the MCC, since he does technically appear in it, albeit very, very briefly.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...