Site Poll 71: Do you want Fireteam Osiris in Halo 6?

Ranger Intel

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with site poll #71.

Last week we talked about what you wanted to see in the next ODST game, presuming one is underway. Click here to view the last poll, #70.

osiris-team_source_blueteam-708x398-b7d4

Do you want Fireteam Osiris in Halo 6?

You either love 'em or you hate 'em. Either way, Fireteam Osiris are a capable asset and one the UNSC will need to take on The Created. They're not all so loved though, and many don't want to see them anymore.

The issue with throwing them out, is how many people wanted to see Buck again? Everyone asks for him, and now he's back, wanna throw him out like that? Plus, we just broke into 3 new people with Halo 5, why get rid of them? Not just Buck, many people have said we need to get used to another protagonist in case John gets KIA. 343 tried this in Halo 5 and it wasn't received well, so it seems Osiris shouldn't get too involved from now on.

Halo 5 could have just been a nice way to get a view on others in the UNSC, but we know for certain that won't be happening again in the same way as 343 have confirmed Halo 6 will be a MC-only campaign, though does that mean the Arbiter won't be playable for the story? Things are vague at the moment, but we can safely say we won't be playing as Locke in the next main sequence Halo game.

Question is, do you want to see Osiris at all? They're still relevant of course, but can easily be sidelined for Halo 6. Again, Halo 5 may be looked back on as that one game which tried something (more like someone) new for the Campaign, it may be the only game to do this. I think it's suitable, and highly recommended, that 343 include Osiris. It will just make Halo 5 be more criticised if we don't see anymore of them. I can already hear people say "Uuuh we just saw Osiris in Halo 5 and they never showed up again, what happened to those guys?". People like to complain about everything to be honest, but Osiris are still relevant and I believe we should still see them, just not as much as in Halo 5.

What do you think?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Spartan out.    :yay:

Edited by UNSC Spartan-II
  • Like 3

I think they should be included, they were a large part of Halo 5 after all, and many people first getting into the series with Halo 5 may be a little lost if half of the protagonists have suddenly evaporated haha. 

In saying that, I would love if they focused on the relationship between Thel and the Master Chief. Or at least some more Sangheili interaction and cultural exploration. Everything in balance.      

• Like 3

They could put anyone in their place and nothing would change. The deciding factor is if they actually have depth instead of being one-note characters we don't care about. For me, the only things that are "redeemable" about Osiris are these:

1. Buck, I guess.
  2. I only still care about Locke because of investment I had in the character pre-Halo 5, which was garnered with Nightfall, and the H2A special cutscenes. Mike Colter was switched out with the Ike fellow as a voice actor, and even though Ike sounds similar it's not the same. I don't think the mass bandwagon against Mike's voice was justified: I thought he sounded perfect, and unique. I do like Ike's voice, but the way he does it for Locke in 5 sounds run of the mill badass.
  3. The armor looks cool.

That's it.

• Like 3

Bring them back on the condition that the god awful "character" of Buck.

Put Thorne in his place, the way it was originally planned to be. Of course balance the story out between all the characters but BURN BUCK.

Edited by Guts
  • Like 4

For me I'd be fine with it if they were actually put to some better use, rather than being shallow adversaries to the Chief, and were actually a potential threat like they were advertised to be. They were advertised as people who could kill the Chief, and instead they went on a picnic date at the end of Halo 5... Nah nah nah... Ain't having that  :mad: 

• Like 4