Site Poll 70: What you want from the next Halo ODST game

Ranger Intel

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with site poll #70.

Last week we talked about your favourite cutscenes across all Halo games. There were some great submissions with everyone sharing their personal experience and connection to their selected scene. Halo Wars' killer-combat and Reach's morale-killing reality were both great entries. Click here to view the last poll, #69.

maxresdefault.jpg

What you want from the next Halo ODST game

You know what I like about 343? They pay attention to what we want. I'm sure Halo 6 will get a lot of good hype, most likely after a reveal this upcoming E3, and it will feature things we've requested. Something that we have all wanted for a while is another ODST game, and I'm sure they'll provide us with one.

Halo 3: ODST was great, we all loved it for what it was. Another one's inevitable, but how will it work out? Will it be a post-Human-Covenant War setting? Despite the fact they aren't seen much in Halo 4 and 5, they certainly still exist and operate as usual. We're just not in a position to see them from our point of view in those two games. When do you want it to be set? Who do you want featured? Lore classics, or some new people? Any weapons you think are necessary?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Spartan out.      :yay:

• Like 2

First off, if and when they would ever decide to do another ODST title.... for the love of god DO NOT set it anywhere near the abortion timeline events of Halo4 - beyond. Aside from the abysmal ability to form an actual game with any coherent story, due in large part to just about EVERYTHING taking the backseat to the Spartan IV's..... the art direction and time wouldnt fit the ODST narrative. Too much has changed to be able to go from H3 ODST to something of the new trilogy.

As much as I would like a new ODST, it would fail and would not have the same magic or greatness, and quite frankly it would soil the name and legacy.

• Like 3

First off, if and when they would ever decide to do another ODST title.... for the love of god DO NOT set it anywhere near the abortion timeline events of Halo4 - beyond. Aside from the abysmal ability to form an actual game with any coherent story, due in large part to just about EVERYTHING taking the backseat to the Spartan IV's..... the art direction and time wouldnt fit the ODST narrative. Too much has changed to be able to go from H3 ODST to something of the new trilogy.

As much as I would like a new ODST, it would fail and would not have the same magic or greatness, and quite frankly it would soil the name and legacy.

Despite your plea against a 2558/2559-era ODST game, I'm not against it, and actually support it in a way. Why? Because it shows us how they are still relevant. I do believe that a game set before Halo 4 may be more enjoyable for in-game ODST combat, but it'll just make us feel like ODSTs are neglected even more after the SPARTAN-IV program. It's true that Spartan-IVs are more deployable, because there are more of them and more can be trained (as well as due to advances in technology), but ODSTs are still completely relevant. Having a game set after the Human-Covenant War would show this, and let us know they're still out there for certain. It brings ODSTs into the modern-day Halo which we're experiencing in the games.

I personally don't mind either approach, I can't see 343 going wrong here, I'm more curious to see where they wanna start things for now.

• Like 1

I want the next one to be cancelled. We had one utterly abysmal attempt at an ODST game already.

If it has to be released it has to be nothing like the first one. The campaign should be an actual decent and enjoyable story this time too. The false "free roaming" city element should be scrapped and burned. The characters need more depth than "I like explosions!" and "I have a Sniper!". And firefight needs to be utterly ANNIHILATED. It is the worst thing to ever be made and needs to die a horrible death.

It would be nice to see the ODSTs around Halo 5's timeline. Maybe this time it wont be bad.

• Like 1

I want the next one to be cancelled. We had one utterly abysmal attempt at an ODST game already.

If it has to be released it has to be nothing like the first one. The campaign should be an actual decent and enjoyable story this time too. The false "free roaming" city element should be scrapped and burned. The characters need more depth than "I like explosions!" and "I have a Sniper!". And firefight needs to be utterly ANNIHILATED. It is the worst thing to ever be made and needs to die a horrible death.

It would be nice to see the ODSTs around Halo 5's timeline. Maybe this time it wont be bad.

ODST had the best Firefight IMO. Halo Reach turned it into more of an arcade shooter (who can get the most points) rather than round survival, even more so with Warzone Firefight. Firefight is the thing that kept me coming back to ODST and I actually really enjoyed ODST's campaign for its story and atmosphere. Sneaking around in the dead of night, looking for more ammo to take down a squad of brutes was a refreshing change from the run n' gun of the series (not that there's anything wrong with it.) Music was top notch as well.

• Like 1