343iCF raids Halo Online(aka ElDewrito)

Buns

343iCF raids Halo Online  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What day(s) of the week works best for you?

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
  2. 2. What timezone do you live in?

• GMT
    • EST
    • West coast worse coast time
    • Kangaroo land

ElDewrito the fan made mod that birthed out of the failure that was Halo Online had its final release awhile ago. Its loads of fun to play and the requirements are low. The game feels like a polished Halo 3 and I love playing it.

Would love to gather as much forum members as possible and have fun on the servers sometime in April. Gathering data at the moment to make this happen. I would love to do the same in the future with Installation 01 and Halo 2's Project Cartographer. 

Things you need
+ Discord
+ And a PC capable of running Halo Online which is going to be 99% of PC's

r/HaloOnline contains everything you need to get started: https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/

Let old and new forum members know about this too! I think this is the best way for all us to play Halo once more. No $500 console required!

The event will be spread across multiple days. It won't happen at a single time.

Edited by Buns
  • Like 4

I won't be able to attend this Monday, however any other Monday after that is gucci.

Also, I am too living in the means of Central Standard, and selected Kangaroo Land, mostly because I like Roo's.

During the weekdays, Ill only be able to attend stuff after 3 pm my time.

Edited by Mr Kittens and Gibberish
  • Like 1

Dont do this yet, the 0.6 update is coming real soon. Its a huge overhaul adding forge better than Halo Reach (in some ways better than Halo 5) dual wielding, equipment, armor abilities (customs only), weather effects, dynamic lights, as well as a million bug fixes. They've also added some crazy stuff like player scaling and skybox replacing. It's been in the works for 2 years now. You can keep up with the progress here: http://blog.eldewrito.com/

• Like 1

Dont do this yet, the 0.6 update is coming real soon. Its a huge overhaul adding forge better than Halo Reach (in some ways better than Halo 5) dual wielding, equipment, armor abilities (customs only), weather effects, dynamic lights, as well as a million bug fixes. They've also added some crazy stuff like player scaling and skybox replacing. It's been in the works for 2 years now. You can keep up with the progress here: http://blog.eldewrito.com/

I think releasing it close to E3 is a bad idea, so they'll prolly do it in April.

Anyway, regarding 0.6, I believe there's a large chance a certain corporate entity will crack down on Halo Online because of it. They could bottleneck 0.6's release to be viral for only a day, severely impair ElDewrito's functionality, or ban it altogether. I only think scenarios like that could happen because 0.6 looks like the best version of a PC Halo ever made (trouncing Halo 5: Forge for PC), and that's bad for Microsoft.

Though I may be expecting the worst when the reality is far from it. All I'm saying is that there's no way that Microsoft doesn't know about ElDewrito. Call me crazy, but I think they've got an agenda letting it live for this long.

I think releasing it close to E3 is a bad idea, so they'll prolly do it in April.

Anyway, regarding 0.6, I believe there's a large chance a certain corporate entity will crack down on Halo Online because of it. They could bottleneck 0.6's release to be viral for only a day, severely impair ElDewrito's functionality, or ban it altogether. I only think scenarios like that could happen because 0.6 looks like the best version of a PC Halo ever made (trouncing Halo 5: Forge for PC), and that's bad for Microsoft.

Though I may be expecting the worst when the reality is far from it. All I'm saying is that there's no way that Microsoft doesn't know about ElDewrito. Call me crazy, but I think they've got an agenda letting it live for this long.

Honestly I don't think they care, and even if they crack down on it when it releases, its too late. People can host their own servers and it will spread around anyways. The only thing it will do is stop the devs from updating it anymore. From seeing the videos, I think it doesn't need anymore updates after 0.6. I'm pretty sure Saber Interactive (the original Halo Online devs) are using screenshots of Eldewritro on their website too

Wasn't planning on doing this anytime soon. This post is merely to gauge interest and what timezone/region/day is best for everyone.

• 5 years later...