343 changes in reach matchmaking

343getagrip

Ok what has 343 done to the premium battle play list now the only way to get the new achivemants is to play on there crappy aniversiray play list. (or in the case of defiant achivmants you have to pretty much boost to get them as getting on them in regular match making never mind actually managing to get the achivement while on the map is nearly impossible).

Why does 343 not understand that some people actually prefur the halo reach game play and do not wish to be forced to play the halo 3 or even worse the halo 1 gameplay. In my opinion Bungie got every thing right in halo reach even the annoying recitul bloom can not detract from. I for one actually want to play halo reach matchmaking when I put the halo reach disc in my xbox if I wanted to play halo 3 I'd put that in instead.

By all means create a halo 3 playlist and a halo 1 playlist 343 but you have no right to destroy reach to do so.

Edit: Please read my 2 other posts feather down this thread

Of the 108,996 people playing on HALO today (11 dec 2011) only 22,090 are not playing un-altered halo reach matchmaking (that includes halo 3 with 17507 current players).

So 343, the community has spoken we prefure UN-ALTERED REACH makemaking.

• Like 1

Ok what has 343 done to the premium battle play list now the only way to get the new achivemants is to play on there crappy aniversiray play list. (or in the case of defiant achivmants you have to pretty much boost to get them as getting on them in regular match making never mind actually managing to get the achivement while on the map is nearly impossible).

Why does 343 not understand that some people actually prefur the halo reach game play and do not wish to be forced to play the halo 3 or even worse the halo 1 gameplay. In my opinion Bungie got every thing right in halo reach even the annoying recitul bloom can not detract from. I for one actually want to play halo reach matchmaking when I put the halo reach disc in my xbox if I wanted to play halo 3 I'd put that in instead.

By all means create a halo 3 playlist and a halo 1 playlist 343 but you have no right to destroy reach to do so.

i agree 100%

Wait, what?

If you're only interested in the achievements, the reason you can only get the new ones on the new maps is because you're only supposed to be able to get them on the new maps. If you want Defiant achievements, get some friends together and that raises your chances. The Defiant Map Pack has been out since March, so you've had nine months to get them. It's no use complaining now.

If you really want the achievements I'm sure you can cope with playing ten games with the new settings.

If you don't care about them and just want to play vanilla Reach, as far as I'm aware you can still play Rumble Pit, Team Slayer, Squad Slayer, Team Objective, Team Doubles, Arena, Invasion, Infection, Big Team Battle, and MLG, not to mention Grifball and Action Sack.

So what exactly is the problem with 343 introducing a playlist that's based on what the community actually want? And yes, they do want it, because there's nobody being forced to play it and otherwise 343 wouldn't have bothered making it.

• Like 1

Wait, what?

If you're only interested in the achievements, the reason you can only get the new ones on the new maps is because you're only supposed to be able to get them on the new maps. If you want Defiant achievements, get some friends together and that raises your chances. The Defiant Map Pack has been out since March, so you've had nine months to get them. It's no use complaining now.

If you really want the achievements I'm sure you can cope with playing ten games with the new settings.

If you don't care about them and just want to play vanilla Reach, as far as I'm aware you can still play Rumble Pit, Team Slayer, Squad Slayer, Team Objective, Team Doubles, Arena, Invasion, Infection, Big Team Battle, and MLG, not to mention Grifball and Action Sack.

So what exactly is the problem with 343 introducing a playlist that's based on what the community actually want? And yes, they do want it, because there's nobody being forced to play it and otherwise 343 wouldn't have bothered making it.

Actually, Squad Slayer, Multi-Team, and I believe Objective all have the TU changes implemented. I personally wish they'd include the changes in EVERY playlist, though there are some people who don't seem to like the changes that the title update brought.

True, but that doesn't matter so much since MLG has always used different setting from regular Reach anyway (move faster, longer shield recharge, etc).

That doesn't matter so much? that is arguably the biggest change out of the whole TU, of course it matters, no bloom and no sprint are huge changes.

That doesn't matter so much? that is arguably the biggest change out of the whole TU, of course it matters, no bloom and no sprint are huge changes.

I phrased that badly. I meant to say that since MLG has always used different settings from the rest of the game, so people who played it even before the TU did so because they like different settings from the regular playlists, so changing another setting probably won't upset people who play it as much as people who just want 'normal' gameplay (although I do agree that it makes a big difference).

Even with the changes to these playlists, there are definitely still some in which people can play according to pre-TU rules, so I don't understand the problem. If you like them play in those: if you don't, play in the new ones. Reach lovers still get to have inaccurate luck-based games full of 'Nade and Armor Lock spam without having to listen to us older players complaining about it, while we get a style of gameplay that we enjoy instead of one that feels broken to us. Nobody has to play in a style they don't like, everybody wins.

• Like 1

Ok it looks like some people didnt get the point of what i said. I was not complaining purely about the difficulty in getting the new achievemants due to unwise playlist choices by 343. Rather i was mainly complaining about how they are increasingly altering/removing playlists form reach matchmaking. Because a minority* of the community loved Halo 3 and dont think that any game called halo should ever play differently. These types of haters will always exist when any changes that effect gameplay in a popular game are made, there was a identical out-cry to Halo 3 from Halo 2 players when Halo 3 came out. Bungie was wise enought not to ruin the halo 3 to appeas these people. All I want is for 343 to exercise that same wisedom. By all means they should create a playlist that plays like the older games (halo 3 in paricular) or try out new things, but they really should not detract from Halo Reach to do so.

* I say minority because if you look at the number of people playing halo there are more people playing stardard Halo Reach setting, Team Slayer playlist, than there are in all the altered / anniversary playlists put together. People have the choice to play Halo 3 settings and yet most still are playing Halo Reach settings what does that say????

Besides if you dont like how Reach plays, Halo 3 is still online and playable in matchmaking (again with fewer players than are currently playing standard match making in Halo Reach).

Today there are 17507 people on halo 3, and 91489 on reach of these only 1632 are on the anniversary play lists and only 436 on team objective (a altered playlist) ( all together 2078) So out of a halo community of 108996 players, Only 19585 are not playing Halo Reach gameplay in matchmaking. This quite simply would not be the case if most of the community prefurred the halo 3 matchmaking/ didnt like the halo reach matchmaking.

Cant argue with the numbers (all numbers correct at time of post)

• Like 1

Actually, Squad Slayer, Multi-Team, and I believe Objective all have the TU changes implemented. I personally wish they'd include the changes in EVERY playlist, though there are some people who don't seem to like the changes that the title update brought.

I was unaware that the changes were so big. I for one really dont like the changes at all. Yes its great they have a playlist that they've tried this in/plays like this (but i dont think it plays well becase people start playing very differently without the recitcul, it just doesn't play as well and detracts from the gameplay in genral I for one am willing to put up with the annoying recitcul to keep the proper reach gameplay.

It would seem the halo community agrees with me as at the time of this post theres 1190 on squad slayer, 436 on team objective, and 1315 on multi team.... thats 2941 on TU changed reach settings theres more people playing on unchanged Team Slayer (7404) not to mention Big Team battle (5137). And as i said + proved in my last post theres still much more people playing original reach matchmaking than there are in halo 3/ anniversary and the altered playlists put together if you includ this into my origional calaculations (just add 2505 to the number of people not playing proper reach matchmaking) This still holds over whelmingly true.

I was unaware that the changes were so big. I for one really dont like the changes at all. Yes its great they have a playlist that they've tried this in/plays like this (but i dont think it plays well becase people start playing very differently without the recitcul, it just doesn't play as well and detracts from the gameplay in genral I for one am willing to put up with the annoying recitcul to keep the proper reach gameplay.

The main TU doesn't feature Zero Bloom. Zero Bloom is only in one playlist of its own. That's the Beta section. Everything else that I listed is using 85%, which feels like it should have been the actual amount of spread from the very beginning. (to me, at least) I'm not sure why you don't think that plays well, though. Maybe you're just mixing up the 85% with the 0%. To me, the normal amount of spread for the DMR, Needle Rifle, and Pistol in Reach seems a bit too great.

Here is the thing about your playlist argument.

I for one, love the changes 343 has implemented into Reach, and I love both Reach and H3.

I play in playlists that don't have the updates because of the playlist itself. I play team doubles, this has un-altered reach gameplay. I would like the TU settings in this playlist, but I still play it because of the playlist itself. It is not fair to judge how one feels about the TU based on what playlist they play in because people play in playlists for more than 1 reason.

• Like 1

It would seem the halo community agrees with me as at the time of this post theres 1190 on squad slayer, 436 on team objective, and 1315 on multi team.... thats 2941 on TU changed reach settings theres more people playing on unchanged Team Slayer (7404) not to mention Big Team battle (5137). And as i said + proved in my last post theres still much more people playing original reach matchmaking than there are in halo 3/ anniversary and the altered playlists put together if you includ this into my origional calaculations (just add 2505 to the number of people not playing proper reach matchmaking) This still holds over whelmingly true.

I swear though in every halo, team slayer + BTB has ALWAYS been the most popular, as such, you can't really use the two to back up your point, since they are always the most popular.

• Like 1

i find myself spending most of my time in REACH on BTB, voting almost always for an objective gametype. aside from altering playlists against the community's will, also the gametypes found on matchmaking are now coming in a format: first option in BTB will always be slayer on a standard map (boardwalk, Spire, etc), second option will be assault or neutral bomb in a standard forge world map (hemorrhage) and the third option will be a random gametype on a random map; i find this very annoying because now with a slayer option every time, it's almost sure that every player will prefer this, leaving the option of playing with a little of variety, or in other map than Hemorrhage highly unlikely, 343 claims to understand the halo community, but they are making a lot of stuff despite the community's preferences or dislikes, which also leads me to worry about the future of the franchise

• Like 1

i find this very annoying because now with a slayer option every time, it's almost sure that every player will prefer this,

plus

343 claims to understand the halo community, but they are making a lot of stuff despite the community's preferences or dislikes

Doesn't make any sense to me. How can you claim 343 isn't listening to the community as a whole's preference if it is "almost sure that every player will prefer this"? Doing things to make the majority happy is usually the best option because you cannot please everyone.

I don't think you can blame anyone but yourself for not having "the option of playing with a little of variety" if you don't alter your own behavior such as sticking to one gametype.

my suggestion?

try playing invasion, almost always objective types.

try playing team objective - always objective types.

try getting friends together to sway the voting. this doesn't have to be actual friends, just talk to people in the match that agree with you and team up with them.

try playing any other playlist to get a variety of play. I usually do multi-team or squad slayer.

I know it isn't what you want to hear but thats how some of these things go.

• Like 1