Site Poll 63: What's your favourite MCC game?

Ranger Intel

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with site poll #63.

Last week we discussed what the next halo spin-off game would be. I heard many great ideas I hadn't even considered before, but the most popular choice was certainly another ODST game, and with good reason. Thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts. Click here to view the last poll, #62.

halo_2-600x337.jpg

What's your favourite MCC game?

The current situation at 343 Industries is secretly a busy one. Whilst Halo 6 is yet to be uncovered, another game may be in development, and 343 have taken the responsible decision to keep Halo: The Master Chief Collection updated and running smoothly. Compared to when it first dropped, MCC has seen major improvements and additions that have, in my opinion, certainly atoned for 343's mistakes. They have recently announced that they currently have a team working on an Xbox One X update, which has been in popular demand. Halo MCC is clearly not being forgotten, and will always play an important role considering it acts as a repository for Halo's videogame-past.

It's been one hell of a fight from Combat Evolved to Halo 4. Each of these four (not including ODST) legendary games detail the events surrounding the even more legendary MCPON John-117, but which do you like most, and why?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Spartan out. :yay:

Edited by UNSC Spartan II
  • Like 5

For me I liked Halo CE and Halo 3 a lot, as well as Halo 4 for multiplayer (probably an unpopular opinion but fite me). Overall I'd say the best MCC game for me is Halo 3 since (for me) it had a good balance of story and multiplayer. That and I'm not being biased to my first Halo game, nah nah nah

• Like 4

Great question!

I'm quite fond of H2A's multiplayer. For all I had a lot of issues with Halo 2, the remaster plays very smoothly, the balance is improved, and the actual aesthetic and design is gorgeous. It's a real pleasure to be able to see what the 'classic' art style looks like with a more modern engine and somewhat better hardware. It was also a really nice surprise to see a few other weapons and items from the classic trilogy available too, like ODST's silenced SMG and the Hornet from Halo 3. The addition of a proper Forge with diverse canvases is also really nice, as is adding Race, given how much fun I had with the racing scene in Reach. The only real issues I have with it are the incredibly low number of maps, the poor quality of the hardware it was released on and the effects that it has on the quality of the graphics, and the fact that bullets don't have travel time (which was expected, really, but is still a disappointment).

Overall, my favourite is still Halo 3, though. Halo 3 was always my favourite anyway, and to see it in a modern resolution and framerate with what look to be a few graphical updates is a joy. It's exactly how I remember it, except without the memories being spoiled by graphics worse than I remember as with the actual Halo 3, and in a setting where everyone has the maps, making the map variety even better.

• Like 3

I enjoyed Halo 3 the most simply because it was the Halo game I grew up with. I never got the chance to play online multiplayer on the original release so it was great to have the chance to finally play against others.

The only thing that stopped Halo 2 Anniversary being my favourite is the fact that Halo 2 sucked to begin with and no amount of remaster will change it.

Edited by Kakashi_Hatake
  • Like 4