Hi! Seeing as the juggernaut in charge of Halo right now turned the game into a Microtransaction barbie-simulator, there has been this question that I've been dying to ask.

Since there will be customizable armor akin to Halo 3, Reach, and so forth, I'm curious as to how the armor will be unlocked (unless I'm actually stupid and there won't be any armor, in which case I'm gonna kill all of my friends for lying)

Will it be like in Halo 3, where the armor is to be earned by achievement-like unlocks? Like how you had to get the special skulls, complete the final mission with 4 friends in ghosts on the hardest difficulty, and so forth to get the Recon armor, Or will it be more like Halo reach where you get credits for playing and you can spend those credits on the armor you want? Or perhaps a combination of the two, where some armor is unlockable via a credit system, while others are achievement-only?

Then again I may just be stupid and there won't be any armor at all.

-----

hmmm.. If there isn't a planned development for armor, perhaps I could allocate my time to 3d modeling and creating the models and textures for the armor? If you're not doing armor since it's most likely a waste of time, would you allow me to waste my time and implement models of mine that you enjoy?

• Like 2

From what I've seen on site and in de i01 Discord there will be armor variants.

For example, you can unlock Recon by completing all "Beanmaster" challenges (specified on the i01 site). How all others are unlocked remains a mystery for now I think.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...